Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > 25 Man Raid Team

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-30-2010, 11:39 AM

Default Team Uber Lock

Hey,

Is there any chance of not starting again in one of the Uber runs?
    Personally at the mo I can only get on the Tuesday run, is this night meant to clear the first few bosses so everyone gets loot, or is the intention to eventually take Uber to LK?

I really want to defeat LK before Cata, does this mean I will have to "sort it with the missus" and change my raiding night, and then hopefully get in Donkey?

Thoughts please

Wyrmy
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 AM

We did have a pretty good run last week (there's no report up), when we one-shotted Blood Princes and got some more practice in on Dreamwalker. Is it just a case of getting more gear and badges, or are we using the lower spire as a sort of check to see whether we've got the group for the later wings?
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-30-2010, 01:18 PM

Last night, despite the 25% buff, we wiped twice due to Festergut's enrage timer. Some of the players' DPS was embarrassing, considering their gear. Until everyone is able to play properly, it is unlikeky we'll be able to progress very fast.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-30-2010, 02:22 PM

Very true, but we didn't know what the dps would be like before the decision was made to start a fresh lockout, surely? What will determine whether or not we extend on any given week, if not the previous week's performance?
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-30-2010, 03:12 PM

I'd go with the Raid Leader's call; we can guess what the overall performance of a raid team will be, to an extent, by knowing the individual raiders and by looking at their gear.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 06-30-2010, 03:18 PM

Yep Dar,

Sounds a good idea that, if the RL can assess peoples gear and previous experience (some people may be on alts but know the fights) we maybe able to continue.

Cheers

Wyrmy
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 06-30-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belara View Post
    Very true, but we didn't know what the dps would be like before the decision was made to start a fresh lockout, surely? What will determine whether or not we extend on any given week, if not the previous week's performance?
    We're pretty good at knowing the capabilities of most of our raiders.

We use past performance to judge where we stand and what we think we can do.

If we steam-roll the content one week, then next week we'll almost certainly extend, but extending just for the sake of it wouldn't be fun for anyone.

I'd love to get the tuesday night raid to see all of the raid instance, but at the moment we just don't have the performance from enough of our players. The way our raiding structure is desgined we can't do much about that, but I know it must be frustrating for any of you getting a bit bored of the same old bosses.

The best way for us to progress is for each individual to look at their own performance and increase it to decent levels. We can't force anyone to do this, and 'forcing' it on anyone rarely works - players have to want to improve.
    Every week we ask people to look at their style of play and try and improve, but you just can't make players better by asking

Just so you know, DPS on festergut should be around 8k per person. If you incude the 25% dps buff we get, players should be able to push 10k each in their current gear levels. Anyway, 8k should be absolute minimum if you want us to take down the final 5 bosses in the instance!