Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 02:06 PM

Default Shaman Help!

Hi Guys and Gals,

Once i hit 85 with Twi, i'll be levelling a goblin whilst flitting inbetween dailies and rep grinding. I've not really played shaman since vanilla and a lot has changed!

Any tips/tricks, useful addons (i'm guessing a totem timer), stat priorities, rotations, gear advice would be most helpful. I've had a brief look on EJ's and Elemental sounds fun with earthquake.

I'm guessing that ele is ranged, enh is melee. If that is the case great. I'm looking for a caster type for this alt, i'll be looking to take a resto spec for off depending how much i enjoy it.

Any talent specs would be most appreciated!

Cheers,

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 02:11 PM

I only really played as resto at end game, and thats all changed now due to the new healing mechanics.

Enhance is as you say melee dps but is utter faceroll to level, no mana issues, spiritwolves and totem pets mean you can even take on most grp quests easily.

totems have their time remaining on them now so no addon required.

Foosfighting 12/11/2010
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 02:22 PM

yeah ele is ranged caster, I started levelling a enhance shaman after 4.0 went live and it is really easy to play int/mana doesn't seem to be a problem due to the enhance bonuses, but I'm sure ele will probably be quite similar low level but will probably be a lot more reliant on mana and int gear.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 02:41 PM

I levelled as elemental and it's good fun, you need to adapt to situations using the tools at hand and we can actually be pretty clever. We can bind elementals, root with earthbind if you talent for it, we can hex and lava burst can still do magnificent damage especially with some cool trinket proc. Mastery for elemental is lovely aswell, suddently throwing out two lavabursts and getting the talent proc giving you another free one, with some luck that's 4 lavaburst crits in a row!
    I'm not the master of speccing but for pve just avoid the obvious pvp talents, there's not that much to discuss anymore with the new trees.
    Elemental is awesome fun and with the right moves you can be a very hard target!