Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU)

Closed Thread

#31   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2010, 07:09 PM

Not looking to flame, and I appreciate the point of view expressed by Klog. Lets hope we'll find more casuals come cata
      #32   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2010, 07:15 PM

I'm not saying the handful doing hard raiding are any different, they just have a different favourite part of the game.
    Similarly had we had 5 people who really loved arena, and were in the top 0.5% of the battlegroup during Wrath would there be a similar PVP based discussion?
      #33   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2010, 07:17 PM

I think it should be pointed out that the "hardcore raiders" we have now, didn't come from guilds like Good Fortune. The majority are players who started raiding properly with PCG.

A blog about games. - Now with increased vigor!

Updates every Wednesday.
      #34   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2010, 07:27 PM

Yep yep, I agree Zael and its great they found the love of raids from PCG also they do often do the LN stuff which is for lowbies too. Please don't lets get away from the point of the original post though which is if any other casual guys fancy having a crack at content and damn the consequence.

Perhaps having a social guild leader too might be a good way to get this sort of issue resolved as well?
      #35   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2010, 07:37 PM

Iv been reading over the thread and i have to say, im not happy with the way things have went, in the magazine, at the time i joined it was advertised a very fun social guild, where we do fun old school events every month etc. This didn't happen so i fell into the swing of raiding as it was all we did as a guild, and it seems like all we will do for another year to come if thing stay the way it is.
    I did try starting it up again, but it seems without the big raid leader support, thing aren't ment to happen in the guild, yes we got a few nice kills, we cleared some places, but it was either a struggle the whole way, or we lacked a half full group, or something as so. But still in the magazine the same thing was advertised, for some time (Yes it changed, and i know this isn't you guys fault, as you dont write the mag, but we could at least try and full in the blanks).

It would be amazing to see the guild what i have been told it was like, helping the lowbies, doin the old school stuff, and being a little more sociable, and i don't think I'm the only one who agree's with this
      #36   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2010, 07:47 PM

as said the big problem with casual raiding is while you can have it, due to the way people play being erratic and changing from one week to the next they will see some content, if people are changing each week you need to gear up a bigger pool of people, meaning one week you could have a really strong time with players who turn up quite often then the next week you get a group that is mainly made from the less active members so the entire group takes a step back and can't do as much.

no one is saying casual raiding shouldn't happen they are just trying to point out if you want to do the most recent content you are going to struggle without a group who are dedicated to doing the content. so while some groups will be less hard core than others they will still take the people who turn up regularly over someone who turns up once every few weeks, as it would be unfair to the people who put the time in and it would set the group back every time they had to gear up a new player.

I understand people wanting to see all the content and when I started with PCG I never though I would see much raid content but the only way I could get to see it was stick at it and turn up on a regular basis as without putting in the time to gear up and prepare I would never of got see as much as I did with the 25man heroics, the same can't be said for team super, due to it being more casual and having a constant turnover of players it never even got to see the LK. so this really is a demonstration of how much difference having people turn up each week/raid can make.

it's just unfortunate that to see the majority of the end game content you do need to put the time in.
      #37   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2010, 10:00 PM

Well, all I can say is this: those of you who don't like it don't have to stay, Lev especially. PCG is an amazing guild that far surpasses any expectation I had of it. It allows a huge number of people to explore most of the content relatively easily and usually drama free. As it's been stated so many times, we cannot please EVERYONE and do EVERYTHING, but we try. Feedback is good, negativity is bad.

If you want the guild to be a better place, think about what you can do to make it better, rather than moaning on the forum because we don't make you cups of tea in the morning and give you cookies and milk at night. Grow up, its a game, but much as it is in life, you get out of it what you put in.

And yes, this is mainly aimed at the divisive posters, Lev esp. Nice one, you've turned a simple request/thread into a steaming pile of crap.

Last edited by Chewwie; 12-05-2010 at 10:04 PM.
      #38   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2010, 09:59 AM

Sorry Chewwie I know you closed this but i just wanted to add:

How can you complain about the lack of social and other non "hardcore" raid events? Look at last night, you will never get anything like that in any other guild.

Also over the last few months Akee has run several "Old school" raids, enough to clear Classic and Outland raider if i remember, Ross has also run all of these in his PCG v WoW series a few months back, Contagion has been running regular TK runs (He's not even an officer, he just used something called Initutive), We have done multiple city raids, there was a raffle a couple of months ago, world cup sweepstake, etc etc etc...

As Chewwie said, if you want to do something, organise it! Or at the very least suggest something on the forums and ask for assistance in organising.

On a more positive note, some of the feedback eariler in the thread was very useful. Casual raiding is one of the hardest things to organise and maintain as by its very nature you cant set in stone hard times and rules, or it becomes another standard raid team. Please note that we are looking into this and hopefully there will be as many if not more oppertunities to get involved in raids a few months into Cataclysm.

Foosfighting 12/11/2010
    Closed Thread