Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Wurm Online

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-12-2010, 02:54 PM

Default Is The PCG Village Still Going?

Hello,

I recently hoped back in to wurm to see if you guys were still going- (obviously I checked the first, free, village) and I was wondering if either the original village, or the one on freedom were still going?

It was quite sad wandering around the village, a lot of stuff was in ruins, and no one was around. But there were many many many deer and a quite well kept looking house on the hill. +the soup kitchen and lumber yard still stood.
    Anyway if someone could fill me in I'd love it. I was "thdrmtm" in the village.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-12-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aogu View Post
    Hello,

I recently hoped back in to wurm to see if you guys were still going- (obviously I checked the first, free, village) and I was wondering if either the original village, or the one on freedom were still going?

It was quite sad wandering around the village, a lot of stuff was in ruins, and no one was around. But there were many many many deer and a quite well kept looking house on the hill. +the soup kitchen and lumber yard still stood.
    Anyway if someone could fill me in I'd love it. I was "thdrmtm" in the village.
    Hey!

Not sure if you have heard, but Rolf has finally had time to allow non-premium players onto the Freedom server (after the very cool new tutorial), where they can live together with their premium counterparts. Unfortunatly it is the case that any new players who create accounts have to go to Freedom, so the GV Village was no longer viable, and most, if not all of its members have come over to join us on Freedom.

This does mean there is a lot more activity around the Freedom Village, and we would be very happy to welcome you back there. Its quite a long walk to get here, but there is a guide [URL="http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4305"]here[/URL] that you can follow. Welcome back to Wurm!
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-12-2010, 11:52 PM

Oh wow, that's really awesome news!

What can I take with me through the portal? I'm gonna use my old account, (keep some of the skills etc), so I should have some tools etc. I also have an opal... I think. Is it worth making nails, some food , a rod etc. before heading out?

I hope to be with you soon! (Tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow)
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 01:16 PM

I remember that name, welcome back thdrmtm.

Bring all you can carry if you're of a mind to do everything yourself, if not there are plenty of highly skilled citizens who, for the right price, could knock you up a tool or two ;-). Though I hope I'm not being too presumptious in saying so. If you're going straight to the village, someone may be able to bring transport. I don't know for sure, just mentioning that you might mention it It is quite a way though if fully ladened.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 04:11 PM

Well, I am planning to go straight to village once I'm through the portal, but can I drag a cart through with me or not?
    And hello barb! I remember you, and jekev and M_the_C and more, see you all around!

Last edited by Aogu; 12-13-2010 at 04:13 PM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 05:26 PM

No you cannot drag a cart through unfortunatly, there is the option of taking through an unfinished one and finishing it when through though.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 06:41 PM

please don't bring loads of crap, the journey is about 60-90 minutes walk to pc gamer village at 12km/h so if you can't walk any faster than that then it's going to take ages, and if you encounter one of the more dangerous creatures on freedom you won't be able to out run it.
    Just bring any essential tools/armour, steel and flint, a lantern, a couple kg of tar for the lantern, and some water/food for the journey.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Morinaka View Post
    please don't bring loads of crap, the journey is about 60-90 minutes walk to pc gamer village at 12km/h so if you can't walk any faster than that then it's going to take ages, and if you encounter one of the more dangerous creatures on freedom you won't be able to out run it.
    Just bring any essential tools/armour, steel and flint, a lantern, a couple kg of tar for the lantern, and some water/food for the journey.
    Hmm, I guess a lantern is a good idea... thanks for the advise.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 12-14-2010, 02:54 PM

Well Ive made it, and Im really impressed!
    The village is amazing, I hope to see you all around.