Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU)

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-23-2010, 10:38 AM

Default Thinking of returning.

Ello all, with Cataclysm looming I've been seriously considering coming back to World of Warcraft and with all the fun I have on the PCG Team Fortress 2 server I'm thinking of starting a new character and hopefully joining up with ye guys.

I usually don't use any mods or ventrillo, but I may give them a whirl this time around - but my main concern is that of the state of PvP on the server/battlegroup. It seems the PvP section on this forum is quite slow, so I was wondering if there is a good sense of balance between Horde/Alliance, short wait times on games and a willingness to work together? I never mind losing, but spending an entire game defefnding the lumbermill while 14 people storm the stables can get tedious

I haven't PvPed properly since Arena Season 3, despite doing well, the focus on Arena's started to drain the fun out of the game for me - I've heard rated battlegrounds are coming up, and that interests me greatly.

I appreciate any feedback and look forward playing with you guys soon, with any luck

Thank you.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-23-2010, 11:31 AM

Greetings,

We are mainly a PvE orientated guild at the moment (For end game raiding you would need some mods and Ventrillo) but i understand that Teem has plans in motion to set up regular rated PvP nights in addition to our PvE raids so i have a feeling there will be a higher focus on PvP in Cata than we had in Wraith.

That said, when the expansion was in full swing there were numerous PvP events held and we'd often tema up for battlegrounds so there is the experiance already in place.

All in all we try to be as inclusive as possible so if you have suggestions for somehting you want to do, just post on the forums and there is usually enough support from a guild of our size to get something up and running!

Cheers,
    Uru.

Foosfighting 12/11/2010
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-24-2010, 07:27 AM

If your looking for a decent balanced pvp server try a server like Outland/ a server on the Cyclone battlegroup.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2010, 05:14 AM

Thank you both for the replies.

Had a big think about my plans, and seeing as I plan to start a new Tauren Paladin it'll be a very long time until I'm of sufficient level for end game PvP, and even then I'll need to get some gear and experience under my belt (will be first main healer).

I tend to play solitary and use random groups (I don't like to ask for assistance, hehe), but enjoy being part of a guilds community and the friendly banter/events that go on.

Just awaiting a new PC and then gotta download the clients, but with any luck I'll be seeing you fine people in a few weeks

Thank you again for your time, look forward to meeting you in game soon.