Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > 25 Man Raid Team

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-09-2010, 10:06 PM

Default Team Uber 9/11/09

Woo, Arthas down.
    Wooo, etc.

More info tomorrow when i'm not tired!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-10-2010, 06:56 PM

Ok, a bit more info on last nights raid.

For the 3rd week running we were at the Lich King (last week the lag monster killed us).

Peeps who were on raid:
    Tanks: Urumqi, Delarath, Thornstar

Healzorz: Vipera, Cenaria, Darieth, Fluffles, Barkhoof, Horseradish,

Pewpew: Leegund, Nova, Blackstorm, Redrothkin, Arashu, Dysec, Isilindal, Foosfighting, Petarch, Surprised, Klogician, Belimawr, Carpel, Mightybear, Selwyn, Jecaa (woo)

Thanks also to Oskrilth who stepped out when asked, and to Selwyn who relogged for us.

Despite having a few peeps who hadn't seen it before, we got stuck in - phase1 went much cleaner than last wek when connection problems prevented clean dispels. As usual, phase2 2was the sticking point - we spent about 90 minutes learning it and getting better at smacking the valkyrs and moving from defile.

Eventually we got into phase 3 with only a few dead peeps around, and from there took him down without too much fuss. Special mention to our healers, who on our kill were reduced from 6 to 3 for the majority of the fight due to a disconnect and a valkyr or two. Clearly only 3 healers are needed

A big thanks to everyone who came along last night - especially those of you who have cleared this content months before and had no reason to come back and help boost a few newer players through.
    If you are one of the newer players who got boosted, don't expect this kind of thing to continue in Catacylsm - at least not until we're at the very end of the expansion cycle - get yourselves geared and prepared and you can see the content much earlier

Player of the night award goes to Urumqi. There were a number of people who let me know throughout the night that his threat generation was great. Not only that but he managed to stay alive when tanking, plus gave us much needed stunning on the valkyrs. Wish all warrior tanks i meet were as reliable!

Anyway, that's the last team uber raid I'll be running this expansion. I'll still be around to do some old world stuff and maybe some city raids, so keep an eye on forums and the calendar for info. Mainly I'll be off playing FM 2011.

Here's a screeny of the kill. GJ everyone!
    [URL=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/arthaskill.jpg/][/URL]
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-10-2010, 07:16 PM

screeny from a different angle with a akee who moved before I got it

#4   Report Post  
    Old 11-10-2010, 08:24 PM

Hi,

I just want to say a really big thanks to everyone, especially Akee and Darieth for allowing me to partake in the Uber raid for the last few weeks.

I only started playing WoW on 1 April this year, so for PCG to help me get to see Arthas, let alone kill him, is awesome as I never thought I'd see the content.

I will attempt moar pew pew in Cataclysm.

So, ummm... yeah. Thanks!
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-10-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akee View Post
    Player of the night award goes to Urumqi. There were a number of people who let me know throughout the night that his threat generation was great. Not only that but he managed to stay alive when tanking, plus gave us much needed stunning on the valkyrs. Wish all warrior tanks i meet were as reliable!

Aww thanks Akee! GJ everyone!
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:22 PM

Im very happy to have cleared this content, as I've never seen let alone killed a final boss before.

I expect to come into content a lot better in Cataclysm, having had a job for about the last few years that meant I couldnt raid at usual raid times, gearing up wasn't my highest priority, however once Cataclysm comes around I hope I'll be one of the first ones in when it comes to content!
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-11-2010, 09:20 PM

After not being able to make it to donkey or uber for the last few weeks, I'm very grateful that you let me join in for lich king, never thought I would down him before cata.

Cheers akee

Last edited by Arashu; 11-16-2010 at 06:38 PM.