Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU)

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-15-2010, 02:05 PM

Default Quartermaster gear.

I was in Dalaran yesterday after banking up a decent amount of justice points and went to the horde inn. I stumbled upon the room with the 4-5 quartermasters in a circle.

My questions are following:

1.)If all the other badges were removed why then are there 5 quartermasters offering a ton of different gear? Is one qm's gear better than another? I'm starting to get the hang off the gear but this was a road block.

2.)Also I was told to buy pvp daggers b/c the dps is high and the other stats are good (atk power, haste rating etc). Is there actual pve daggers in the game and where would i get them. A player told me only as drops is this accurate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-15-2010, 02:18 PM

there are several in that room by the horde in at dal as they are for the different raid tiers in wrath. they are all different levels just the same as if you have been buying tier armour from your classes vendor you should also see several different sets of armour some being stronger than the other.

then of course one the vendors in that room near the horde in is the heirloom vendor that sells items to help you level up alt's. they have just been left this way as it is easier than cramming everything into one list and making everyone need to search through pages and pages to find what they want.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-15-2010, 02:55 PM

Indeed; that room started off with two vendors, and with each major content patch a new one arrives. They used to take different currencies (with trade-down available), now they all accept Jusice Points. The different badges used to drop from the appropriate-level raids

They equate to the following levels of gear:

Emblems of Heroism = iLevel 200 = Naxrammas 10
    Emblems of Valour = iLevel 213 = Naxrammas 25 / Ulduar 10
    Emblems of Conquest = iLevel 226 = Ulduar 25
    Emblems of Triumph = iLevel 245 = Trial of the Crusader 25
    Emblems of Frost = iLevel 264 = Icecrown Citadel 25

There are also Tier vendors selling Head, Shoulder, Chest, Hand and Leg armour for your particular class. These are located in your class's Shop in Dalaran. You can buy the following with Justice Points:

Tier 9 = iLevel 232 = Trial of the Crusader 10
    Tier 10 = iLevel 251 = Icecrown Citadel 10

To buy the 25-man versions of these pieces, you need tokens that drop from bosses in the appropriate instances. Tier 7 and 8, which are now obselete, can also be obtained with tokens and (in the case of tier 8) badges.

There is also an heirloom vendor selling items to pass on to low-level alts; don't waste your points on any of these unless you plan on levelling an alt.

In general, the only things worth buying with points are the Tier 9 or 10 armour, plus some of the trinkets. You can get better gear, including weapons, from the three ICC 5-man heroics (Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron, Halls of Reflection) and from ToC5, none of which require much effort to clear.

The reason it's so complicated is that we're at the end of a 2-year patch, and at almost every major content patch Blizzard have changed the way tokens and tier items work. It is now incredibly easy to gear up; the downside is that you've got a 2-year development cycle in front of your eyes, and it can be confusing.

Disregard anything below Emblem of Triumph or Tier 9 and you'll be fine.

Last edited by Darieth; 11-15-2010 at 02:58 PM.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-15-2010, 02:55 PM

I see. This is very confusing to me. I just see it as way too many options. Justice points take a long time to farm and I have no idea what i should be buying. I understand that it is pve gear, and my rogue would benefit from agility gear, but one quartermaster has legs, gloves, and helms, while another has all the rest. How can a fresh 80 attempt to comprehend the multi-tiered gear system in wow.

I make a point of this because the JP don't come easy, and I would hate to waste justice points on lower leveled gear that ill have to re-farm as soon as i figure out i goofed. Does one particular QM have the absolute best gear? If so what is the name of this qm? At least then i can shoot as that to benchmark off of.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-15-2010, 02:57 PM

Most of the items sold by the "Emblem Vendors" are for different slots but there are a few overlaps.

Their item level scaling is as follows:

Heroism: 200
    Valor: 213
    Conquest: 226
    Triumph: 245
    Frost: 264 - tehcnically the best gear although there are exceptions

The higher the item level the better the more powerful the gear is, although ilvl isn't everything, as say the 245 'Mark of Supremacy" hit trinket could be significantly better for you than the Herkumi war token (264) if you have 0 hit.

You'll also see that they sell items titled "Crown of the lost vanquisher" or similar - DO NOT BUY THESE...EVER they are utterly useless at this stage as they give gear of the same item level but since you can now but T10 from vendors of your armor class shop you're wasting your JP.

Since people are telling you to buy daggers i'm going to assume you're a rogue so here goes:

Head over to Langrom's Leather & Links near the alliance bank in dalaran (look at the steps, it's 2 shops to the left) - one of the leather armor vendors there will sell the T10 Shadowblade gear, which is item level 251 but the set bonuses make it effectively better than the 264 stuff you can buy at the frost vendor.

As for daggers, you can buy 2 of them from the Arena Weaponry vendor in the Dalaran sewers as they are ilvl 264 so even with the useless resilience stat on them they will be the best weapons you can buy without doing ICC 25 or ICC 10 Heroic - even then daggers have a fairly low droprate...just ask Ross or Zaev!

The catch is the main hand costs about 1500 honor and the offhand about 700, so you'll have to spend the day doing battlegrounds in order to get them - Keep in mind that the weapons will be Redded out as you require an arena team rating to buy them, however since the game's arena seasons are over you can now buy anything that required 1950 or less rating regardless.

Hope this helps

*Edit* Lol Darieth i need to type faster we just said the same thing"*

Last edited by Del; 11-15-2010 at 03:03 PM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-15-2010, 02:58 PM

I'm not sure if you posted that before I'd done my long reply, but if you're still confused, the vendors you should be looking at are:

Emblem of Triumph Vendor in the Horde bit.
    Emblem of Frost Vendor in the Horde bit.
    Tier 9 and Tier 10 vendor in the Leather and Links shop near the Violet Hold.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-15-2010, 03:15 PM

[url]http://www.wowhead.com/item=50203[/url] drops from the final boss of the Forge of Souls (heroic mode), which is an easy 5-man instance you can do once per day.

[url]http://www.wowhead.com/item=49789[/url] drops from the normal version, which you can do lots of times per day.

[url]http://www.wowhead.com/item=49682[/url] drops from the last boss of ToC5 heroic mode, which is easy and can be done once per day.

[url]http://www.wowhead.com/item=45222[/url] comes from the Argent Tournament, all of which you can solo each day

[url]http://www.wowhead.com/item=37667[/url] comes from the last boss of Halls of Stone heroic, which is stupidly easy, and can be done once per day
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-15-2010, 03:20 PM

you guys rock. I have been banging my head against the wall on some of these "other wow: sites prying to get information out of them. Clearly I should have come to the wow section at PCGamer. Tyvm, I know feel that i have a starting point to go from.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2010, 01:54 AM

All this having been said, I'd hold back on a few justice points. The reason being the cataclysm is so close, and once it hits any level 80 gear will be replaced in the space of 2 or 3 levels. The gear is nice for the remainder of Wrath and the very start of cata if you have the points spare, but don't go out of your way to grind for it or buy expensive gems and enchants.

If you are looking towards cata I'd make sure you have got a decent pair of primary professions, cooking, fishing and first aid.

Now is also a good time to finish off those things you never got round to doing like that boss, that reputation, that achievement, that mount or whatever you still want to get done.

Last edited by Klogaroth; 11-16-2010 at 01:59 AM.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 11-16-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klogaroth View Post
    All this having been said, I'd hold back on a few justice points. The reason being the cataclysm is so close, and once it hits any level 80 gear will be replaced in the space of 2 or 3 levels. The gear is nice for the remainder of Wrath and the very start of cata if you have the points spare, but don't go out of your way to grind for it or buy expensive gems and enchants.

If you are looking towards cata I'd make sure you have got a decent pair of primary professions, cooking, fishing and first aid.

Now is also a good time to finish off those things you never got round to doing like that boss, that reputation, that achievement, that mount or whatever you still want to get done.
    I'd agree with this wholeheartedly. Wise words are wise.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin