Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > General Articles

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-28-2010, 12:28 AM

Default A bored little Lev

Well recently, iv been rather bored with WoW as a whole, just i enjoy a lot of the game, like old world content, Bc content, competions set up by the guild, events etc, raiding too, but the guild doesnt seem to do much anymore. What im meaning is the only thing we seem to do togever these days are raids, dont get me wrong i love raids, but cant we do something else? Burning crusade content once a week? like Sunwell or the heroics (which i cant solo, even if i can solo ZG eh sark ) or pvp events! No one does this stuff anymore, hardly ever, yes once in a while we will do AQ 40, or something. But i know I'm not the only one who feels this, but we have become more a raiding guild then anything else, and I'm not the happiest person in the world about this, when in the mag when i read about it, and was thinking about signing up here, it was all how you all slew the Alliance leaders, just for fun or something like that! but we now only do it, 2-3 times a year for those events like Flame Keeper or the Lunar festival one.

My whole point is i think we all need to re think what this guild is about, and what it stands for. I am not saying stop raiding completely, i enjoy raiding, but its more or less ALL we do these days and well... isn't good.

Please just think about this guys, and i hope you can all see my point here.

Leviethan
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-28-2010, 06:25 AM

Unfortunately, there is a bit of a WoW hiatus, as we are between expansions. There should be plenty to do once Cataclysm hits.

There have been quite a few player run events and classic raids over the last year. Is there currently enough interest in doing events other than end game raiding? Maybe not during the long summer months.

If there is demand, I am sure the officers will throw up a classic raid for you on the calendar.

In the meantime, I would say enjoy the WoW content that is available, but maybe supplement your gaming diet with some other fine morsels outside of Azeroth.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-28-2010, 06:32 AM

Let us know exactly what you'd like to do and we'll set it up. A lack of events doesn't mean the guild is deteriorating, but as Spectrus says many of us are doing other things at the moment - other games, watching football (okay, not so much as of today) or just enjoying the summer. You should really ask yourself, though, if you're actually bored of WoW maybe it's time for you to take a little break as well.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-28-2010, 08:30 AM

i'm always astonished that people can honestly not find stuff to do in wow. i'm learning stuff all the time by playing other classes, doing quests etc. But then i'm a bit obsessive!

that said, i can understand wanting to do other content from TBC etc. When I see one of those crop up on the calendar or in GChat i'm usually one to drop (eg our recent AQ40s) that we have done 2/3 times in the last 4 months or so.

The answer is if you want to do something get something put up!

Edit: - I'll try and organise around my rather unreliable timeframe to get TBC Heroics going. I know you aren't alone in wanted to see these so i'll try to get this sorted. Not officer material so will have to let them know when i can do it - or I'll post on the forums good days for me to lead. I'll even try and poll the ones peeps want in a different thread to try and gain momentum.

Cheers
    GBM.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin

Last edited by greenbeermonkey; 06-28-2010 at 10:48 AM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-28-2010, 10:24 AM

We try to meet demand; the vast majority of the demand from our players is to raid ICC, so we do lots of raiding. Cambrinus used to post regular PvP events, but stopped due to lack of signups. Bimble spent hours planning a treasure hunt event, and again almost no one showed up. Unless you tell us specifically what you want to do, and when, we're going to carry on trying to cater for the huge demand for raiding ICC that still exists.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 06-28-2010, 10:48 AM
    Banned

first mistake. You chose WoW. Try a new game , Age of Conan, Vanguard. Vanguard has really come a long way deserves a second look. Think if you want a game world that is truly massive, and class diversity, Vanguard is a great game to own. WE all hate SOE, but Vanguard is a true gem when it comes to their line up.

Also , Mythos is coming back online through new publication, so If you want a diablo like dungeon game you can google that.

Why people think WoW is a great mmorpg is byond me, and if it simply because it is made by Blizzard, that is just stupid.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 06-28-2010, 11:17 AM

Have you ever raided?
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 06-28-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mars505 View Post
    Why people think WoW is a great mmorpg is byond me, and if it simply because it is made by Blizzard, that is just stupid.
    WoW is a great MMORPG. Sorry to burst your bubble. There is a vast, vast amount of content in this game. As far as I was aware WoW's world was one of the larger ones out there - not including instances.

I love its style, its accessibility, its fun. It's also highly polished. This is coming from someone who has played and loved RPGs such as Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Oblivion, Planescape. All different, all brilliant RPGs.

As for MMORPGs, Everquest was more of actually leading a different life and actually going to work rather than having fun like WoW is. Age of Conan just didn't flip my pancake being rather dull, APB hasn't gelled for me despite the beta key and avatar customisation. EVE was promising but pvp doesnt float my boat all the time. Star Wars collapsed resoundingly following changes to Jedi. I can't comment fully on Vanguard - i'll see what the trial is like and decide on giving a further opinion then.

Also, if you can't really back up any further claims 'that this beats that because' with some reasoning than you are more than likely just griefing.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin

Last edited by greenbeermonkey; 06-28-2010 at 11:50 AM.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 06-28-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mars505 View Post
    first mistake. You chose WoW. Try a new game , Age of Conan, Vanguard. Vanguard has really come a long way deserves a second look. Think if you want a game world that is truly massive, and class diversity, Vanguard is a great game to own. WE all hate SOE, but Vanguard is a true gem when it comes to their line up.

Also , Mythos is coming back online through new publication, so If you want a diablo like dungeon game you can google that.

Hi there! Welcome to the PCG WoW forum! Not a great place to troll. Please think twice before critiquing our love for WoW in this part of the PCG forum; you can find appropriate places to discuss the relative merits of other games in the main PCG forum.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 06-28-2010, 12:53 PM

Maybe you guys are right i need to take a bit of a break, not entirely but i need to calm down a bit, but, heres one request, could an officer post something on the callander, like once a month (or something) a classic raid, then the next day/week a bc raid or something, i dont mind

Lev