Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU)

#21   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2010, 11:56 AM

yet the rest of us laugh
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 11-26-2010, 07:51 AM

I will be back when Cata hits, i will want to roll a gobbo to flavour the new content so please don't disregard my membership just yet.

Thanks

narkrud.
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 11-26-2010, 07:41 PM

Just as an aside. I have been onto vent a fair few times just to talk crap with people and nobody really seems interested Doesn't always have to just be raid related chat you know! I dunno maybe it's just cause im not part of the clique yet!

Psyke,
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Just as an aside. I have been onto vent a fair few times just to talk crap with people and nobody really seems interested Doesn't always have to just be raid related chat you know! I dunno maybe it's just cause im not part of the clique yet!

Psyke,
    Did you join a raid channel or the general login vent channel? The reason I ask is this: the two are quite seperate in their uses. When a raid is using the raid channel it's for raid comms. There's usually banter for sure, but it's not like people are just having a laugh over vent while going about their usual WoW business - the chat that takes place is raid related. So, if you're hanging around in a raid channel while a raid is on, don't expect much back if you're not in the raid itself. ANYONE is welcome to join and listen to every channel that's not restricted so feel free. However, I personally would consider it rude for someone to join a raid channel on vent and chat away while others are using it for raid comms.

By contrast, the general channel is more communal and less regimented/serious. It's for chit chat in other words, for anyone and everyone I guess and for people to involve you in the conversation (or not) isn't for me to say AT ALL, provided there's nothing untoward going on. It does help if your log in name in vent is the same (or refers to) your char(s) names - that way people can identify you!

Last edited by Chewwie; 11-27-2010 at 06:53 PM.
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2010, 11:00 PM

Heh nono of course I didn't expect people to talk to me about what socks im wearing when they are in the raid channel. I usually pop in over the course of an evening (Although I didn't tonight) but maybe it's just that i've gone in at the wrong times.