Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > US Server

#21   Report Post  
    Old 11-02-2010, 01:05 AM

I wish it was more stable, but I guess we _ARE_ playing an Alpha game.
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 11-02-2010, 12:25 PM

tried logging in several times over the past 15 mins, just to make sure it wasnt me, sadly it seems the server is down.
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 11-02-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moleculor View Post
    Apparently at some point somehow vast swaths of already generated land got deleted.

So now [url=http://i.imgur.com/RKDBy.jpg]this[/url] is no longer what the landscape looks like. There are sheer cliffs in many places connected to oceans, deserts, etc.

... my home was in one of the chunks deleted. So now my home point spawns about 20 blocks above completely new landscape, surrounded by sheer cliffs of the old scenery.

Sad.

Anyone know what happened? It honestly looks a bit ugly out in the untamed wilderness now, with two worlds being stuck in a blender like this.

Perhaps we can fill the strip mine with TNT, blow it, see the carnage, and then reset the server with the new terrain code? Though there are a lot of builds (mostly near the center) that seem untouched, and I'm sure people would prefer not to lose them.
    Where is your house on the map. I'll go to an earlier save and see if I can copy it over.
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 11-03-2010, 01:45 AM

I'm not sure how to describe the location, but if you start walking south from the spawn, you should start running across large areas that look like they've been sheared away by an orbital laser. My house was south, a little bit north of the southern border.

It wasn't that fancy of a house. Really simple, in fact. If you can't find it, it's fine.
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 11-03-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moleculor View Post
    I'm not sure how to describe the location, but if you start walking south from the spawn, you should start running across large areas that look like they've been sheared away by an orbital laser. My house was south, a little bit north of the southern border.

It wasn't that fancy of a house. Really simple, in fact. If you can't find it, it's fine.
    can you draw or point out on this map where?
    [url]http://i.imgur.com/RKDBy.jpg[/url]

South is top left
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 11-03-2010, 03:05 AM

That's a mighty fine pyramid you guys have.

PC Gamer Game Club
    Game of the Week - Amnesia: The Dark Descent
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 11-03-2010, 04:53 AM

Hey, Mikeon? The server just rolled back (1:48 AM EST November 3rd) three hours worth of labor in a crash on the Colosseum (just outside Freedom Cove, west if clouds flow north). Considering it was two people working on it, that's six man-hours lost.

Are there any saves from like, before that time, but after 10 PMish earlier that night? (Again EST) A chunk to restore?

I get the despairing feeling that the cause of the crash _WAS_ an autosave, but if you can recover any of that work that'd be spectacular.

And if not, can you help us out with construction? There's a massive hill on the northern side of the Colosseum that was most of our time just clearing that off. If you could turn that into a pocket of air, so we don't have to clear it out... (Or give me access to TNT XD) that'd save us MUCH construction time. The entire hill pretty much has to go, up to the end of that iron-block torch line--and I don't care if you wipe out that line too, I can quickly rebuild it so long as, you know, I don't have to clear an ENTIRE MOUNTAIN again. Heh.

Well, I'm going to resume construction on it after I get a reply yay or nay. Whether you can roll us forward to a not-prelabor save, or whether you can clear out that mountain for us, I'd much appreciate it.

Last edited by dieffenbachj; 11-03-2010 at 01:29 PM.
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 11-03-2010, 11:58 AM

What exactly has happened to the map?!! My tower is on the coast to the south east (i think, off the edge of the jpg map), and is ok, but great stretches of coast now end abruptly in cliffs and then turn into desert. There was also a massive castle out to sea, appears to be gone now.....would be annoyed if it was mine. Last night I tried to make my way back to the centre of the map, but again, random desert. Looks nothing like thejpg map any more......
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 11-03-2010, 09:35 PM

Lag last couple of days slowed me down, but finally got it done today

[url]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/962/clap2.jpg[/url]
      #30   Report Post  
    Old 11-03-2010, 09:36 PM

yeah my place would be nowhere near anything on that map.I went far off in one direction as far away as I possibly could from the other players.

Tags

minecraft, pcg