Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Tech

#11   Report Post  
    Old 05-24-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tr4656 View Post
    Why are you going Z87 at all? Your CPU can't overclock so that fuctionality of the Z boards are gone and Z97 are out as well.

Looking at your build, I don't understand why people go with the Samsung 840 EVO. The Crucial M500 has a better NAND and is cheaper. PSU is overkill, any decent 550w should do, such as the XFX or an Rosewill Capstone. RAM seems to be more expensive than it needs to be, http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f31600c9d8gao is fine.
    I have no idea why am I going Z87, should I go Z97? What MoBo would you suggest?
    Also, might seem counter intuitive but I would prefer if the motherboard had integrated WiFi, wiring in my house is a total mess and it's almost impossible to use ethernet in the room I'll have the computer, of course I could get a WiFi PCi card or a router (though I think that's a bit much).

I've gone with te Samsung 840 EVO 'cause the reviews tend to favour that one instead of the Crucial M5000: http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-840-Evo-250GB-vs-Crucial-M500-240GB/1594vs1551

I'll consider changing the PSU, it does seem a little bit over the top.
    The reason I chose Corsair's Vengeance for RAM it's because it needs to be from amazon otherwise the shipping costs would be ludicrous, that G.Skill RAM costs more on Amazon.

Last edited by Pablopa99; 05-24-2014 at 08:10 PM.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 05-24-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pablopa99 View Post
    I have no idea why am I going Z87, should I go Z97? What MoBo would you suggest?

I've gone with te Samsung 840 EVO 'cause the reviews tend to favour that one instead of the Crucial M5000: http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-840-Evo-250GB-vs-Crucial-M500-240GB/1594vs1551

I'll consider changing the PSU, it does seem a little bit over the top.
    The reason I chose Corsair's Vengeance for RAM it's because it needs to be from amazon otherwise the shipping costs would be ludicrous, that G.Skill RAM costs more on Amazon.
    Honestly, the speed differences between SSDs don't matter that much while the NAND (life of the SSD) does more. Also, do you not live in the US? Newegg offers free shipping.

For the motherboard, a H97 board should do.
    ASUS Rampage IV Formula || G.SKILL 32GB Ripjaws X || NZXT Hale90 1000w
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2TB || 2x128GB Plextor M3
    2x 27" Yamakasi Catleap + Dell Ultrasharp
    Zowie AM || Too many keyboards. (Using reds atm) || ARTISAN VE White
    Steam Profile
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 05-24-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tr4656 View Post
    Honestly, the speed differences between SSDs don't matter that much while the NAND (life of the SSD) does more. Also, do you not live in the US? Newegg offers free shipping.

For the motherboard, a H97 board should do.

Ok, thanks for pointing that out, I'll aslo check out some H9Z motherboards.

I live in Mexico, so no Newegg, Amazon seems to be the only viable option.