Originally Posted by Masterflaw
I would just grab 8 of ram for now...the prices area bit high and it wouldn't hurt just to wait to slap an extra 8 in there when you need it(prices may be lower down the road)...
I would go with Plextor or Sammy for an SSD...that's a nice price but a cheap SSD will crap out quicker.
Also consider what games you'll be playing for that 144hz monitor...a 770 may not be enough to power new games let alone whats available for CPU's nowadays. If you not looking to play older games then you may never need above 120hrz. But it looks as though you are looking to add another 770 in the future.
Otherwise looks great and looks as though you set your self up nicely for a possible 2nd 770.
Thanks for the response. I already actually purchased everything a few days ago, but appreciate the advice for the future. I agree about the RAM, I probably should've waited until down the road; but I guess when the time comes I will at least have the 16 gigs already. It was a back and forth battle in my head the last few weeks lol.
I realize that the 144hz will most likely not be utilized for most games, in fact I do plan on locking it at 120hz. I tend to still play older games as well as new ones, so in my head that justified the extra $60. I also plan on adding the 2nd 770 in the future, so you are right on there.
Thanks for the critique/advice tips!