Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2013, 03:09 PM

Default Who Do VuhDo?

Hello,

I've been playing around with VuhDo on my priest alt, and after discovering in my first dungeon as a healer that it wasn't doing mouseover casts after all (oops!), I'm hoping for a little help with this.

What I want is to be able to mouse over the raid frame (which now seems to be set up ok) and hit my number keys to fire off heals on the character I'm mousing over. Do I need to have mouseover macros set up for each spell, or is there an option tucked away in VuhDo for this purpose?

Any other suggestions or general tips or screenshots to show how you use it would be much appreciated.

(Holy priest, by the way.)
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2013, 03:32 PM

I use Grid2 and have mouseover macros for all spells, not sure if vuhdo can do something similar builtin
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2013, 04:43 PM

I use Vuhdo Ross got a few macro's if need.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2013, 07:11 PM

I use vuhdo with mouseover macros for all my healy spells. Have 8 or 9 macros for my resto spec.

Following is copy/pasted from icy-veins:

3.2.2. Macros
    Mouse-over macros allow you to simply mouse over a friendly player ("hover" over their raid frame, for instance) and heal them without having to select them first. This can only be done if you are using keybinds, and doing so will save you precious time for each spell cast.

Below, we use the Heal spell to provide you with an example of a mouse-over macro:

#showtooltip Heal
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead,help,][exists,nodead,help][@player] Heal

While seemingly complicated, this macro changes your Heal spell in such a way that:

If you are mousing over a target which exists, is not dead and is friendly, it will cast Heal on them.
    Otherwise, if your currently selected target exists, is not dead and is friendly, Heal will be cast on them instead.
    Lastly, if neither of the above two conditions are met, it will cast Heal on yourself.
    You can reduce the macro to a simpler format:

#showtooltip Heal
    /cast [@mouseover] Heal

This presents less functionality, though.

An added bonus to using mouse-over macros is that it allows you to have the boss or another add targeted (so that you can use your offensive spells on them) without it impacting your ability to heal.

Hope that helps you Ross - i recommend using the slightly more cumbersome macro - it takes longer to set up but it works!
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2013, 08:15 PM

Thank you Akee!

I keep meaning to make some macros for mouse overs and that is perfect.

Last edited by Ayumis; 04-21-2013 at 08:27 PM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2013, 09:31 PM

Strange. I've always used mouse/key combo keybinds for use with Healbot/Vuhdo, which is the default for them and the way I learnt to use them.
    Though I can see the benefit of mouseover macros when Healbot/Vuhdo get flaky.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 04-22-2013, 03:45 PM

I think key/click combos are the most intuitive way to heal. I use healbot, and am able to cast any of my 12 spells with a combination of alt, shift, ctrl and 4 mouse buttons, all whilst still targetting the boss. This leaves my number keys free for casting offensive spells, which is very important as a disco priest, and also some other utility spells like Mass Dispel which needs to be targetted.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 04-22-2013, 03:57 PM

I tried using modifier keys to heal, but it never suited me. I know some people love it though!
    Also only got a 2-button mouse, so that might make it a bit harder
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 04-23-2013, 09:05 AM

This is useful stuff, thanks guys. I'll try out the more complex mouseover macros.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 04-23-2013, 03:00 PM

I like reading how others play (setup UIs, key/mouse clicks etc) its really interesting how everyone evolves into their own unique style.

For me I never liked using ctrl, alt, shift, instead I've remapped most of my keys.

I use: F1 - F6, 1 - 6, Q, E, R, T, F, Z, X, C. mouse wheel forward and back (I have other things that I don't normally use on the rest of the F and number keys.

I use a combination of mouse the WASD to move / strafe and still hit attacks at the same time. I'm sure this will be really weird for most people but after years of playing I don't think this old dog can learn any new tricks (I'm sure I could be more efficient though)

When i need something for a specific fight I swap it over to an easy reach key, usually Q or E so its always available even when moving.

I think the biggest improvement anyone can make is moving the UI around, if you ever miss something happening on screen (raid warning, fire under your feet or someone losing health) its a good indication that you can change the layout to be more efficient as you don't really want to be looking away from the centre of the screen too much.

I put recount, chat frame and the mini map far away and use bartender, grid and pitbull to arrange everything around my characters feet. I also set DBM warning just above my cast bar as that tends to be my focus point.

Last edited by Ayumis; 04-23-2013 at 03:04 PM.