Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2013, 04:10 PM

Default Retirement - plz can i have watch??

Most of Team Win know this, but in case you missed it, i'm retiring from raiding, at least for the short/medium term,effective immediately.

It's been about 6 years since i started raiding - UBRS, Karazhan and Gruuls Lair, and it's been 4 years raiding with PCG - from Naxx and Ulduar up to the present day. I've only had brief breaks in that time, and i'm quite looking forward to having a few months off and not worrying about boss tactics or raid compositions

I'm not quitting the game, or the guild, but dont expect to see me online much, especially over the next few weeks - when i do log on i'd like to try some of the things I haven't had a chance to experience fully - from pet battles, to pvp, to the Brawlers guild and even finishing the Worgen starting area.

Thanks to all those who have put up with me - either as a raid leader, a guild officer, or a bad dps in a 5-man group.

Special mention goes to our guild leaders - Ross, Tim and now Aphaeas, and the other officers for keeping the guild on an even keel.

Also shout-out to Barkhoof who has been putting up with me across 6 years, 2 servers, 3 guilds, and 4 expansions.

When it comes to Team Win, i'm hoping it can continue - we've got some new fresh blood, er i mean players, who should help make a roster that is cap[able of tackling the raid content as smoothly as ever

If anyone would like to volunteer to lead, or to co-lead with someone else, then let one of the guild officers know.

Thanks again for all the good raiding times - from our first steps into Naxx, all the way up to last thursday when I finally managed to complete the Ulduar legendary mace with your help!

If anyone is desperate to have my steam ID, then you can PM me on forums so you can keep track of me if i'm not in WoW

/hugs

Akee
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2013, 05:56 PM

May panicked shouts of, "Skellingtons OOOOH NOOOOO!" reverberate until your return!
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2013, 10:46 PM

Noooooooooooo I knew you were going but Noooooo

It won't be the same that's for sure.

Hopefully we can get some 5 mans and do the challenge modes sometime, I'll lead you just need to be a mage and wipe us

Hope to see you in game when you come out of retirement, carriage clock is in the post.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-14-2013, 01:27 PM

Enjoy your time off for good behavior. If you decide to try another MMO in the meantime let me know as I like to try all of them. BTW avoid Eve Online if you want to keep your sanity.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-14-2013, 02:57 PM

Talking Akee? Sane? Wha?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bimble View Post
    Enjoy your time off for good behavior. If you decide to try another MMO in the meantime let me know as I like to try all of them. BTW avoid Eve Online if you want to keep your sanity.
    After 4 years Raid Leading with PCG, what makes you think Akee has any sanity left Bimble?

Akee, all the best in the break mate. Change is as good as a rest, etc…

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 06-15-2013, 09:38 AM

Well, like you said, it's been a few years now. At this point raiding has become synonymous with jecaa so it's safe to say that things won't be the same. I'd guess the safe bet is that you'll be back in time for the next expansion!
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 06-15-2013, 01:53 PM

Have a nice break mate.
    Cheer for taking a chance on my tanking all those years ago, been great raiding with you
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 06-16-2013, 08:01 PM

Thanks for being a great raid leader! I hope you are able to make it back some day