Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#11   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2013, 10:14 AM

I agree with much that has been said. At first I was confused as to how having a minimum of 10 people would help anyone, especially as we are struggling on sign ups anyway. Then I realised this is more of an LFR replacement in the case of PCG. Or maybe if you want to play with cross realm friends and not be saved to a lock out that will stop you raiding with your guild.

Bimble, we have found that we are 2 healing more and more of the current content. We will sometimes take 3 healers to be on the safe side (eg: Council) but as we found last week, we can easily heal it with two not fantastically geared healers anyway. Some fights like Magera I would say the standard would be 3 but they do seem to be putting in less fights that actually require 3 healers.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bilge Rat View Post
    I agree with Zalid. I question the usefulness of this feature. If you need at least 10 people anyway then you might as well do normal mode and get higher level loot, whereas if you are casual and want an easy, social experience then you may as well do LFR and get a bunch of extra players to help you. You can always ignore the rest of the players like we normally do.

Since it tends to be a struggle to even get 10 people together I can't see there being much use for this at all.
    My point was that PCG can do this not just Team WIn, so we can have people from Awesome and guild members not even in a team AND other friends on Read ID.

This opens the raid up to even more PC Gamer readers too as they can join us via Read ID and raid with other magazine readers, maybe even transferring and joining us if they like the guild as a whole.

Its better loot than LFR and we can all be on Vent. Better still if people need to go early then we'd just be able to continue (depending on composition obviously) scaling down automatically from, say, 16 people to 14 without any issues.

You can also get credit for some of the achievements for the meta which is a very nice addition.

Personally I see this as the perfect replacement for LFR guild runs and depending on the difficulty it could provide a better experience than just ignoring boss abilities like you do on LRF and give an experience very similar to 10mans in Wrath.

I think it looks very promising, not for a specific team, but for the guild raiding together.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2013, 12:20 PM

Precisely. I see it as an alternative to LFR, for guilds that aren't focussed on progressing quickly.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darieth View Post
    Precisely. I see it as an alternative to LFR, for guilds that aren't focussed on progressing quickly.
    it's an extra chance at loot a week for those trying to gear.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2013, 03:15 PM

It can be used for many reasons

1. As a third way to do the same content
    2. An alternative to LFR
    3. An alternative to Normals
    4. For guilds that don't want to do Normal or Heroics
    5. For raiding with friends on different realms
    6. For raiding with 10 or more people but less than 26
    7. For times when your main group doesn't have enough geared members online for 10 or 25 man normal/heroic raids but you have enough numbers online at various gear levels.
    8. Any other reasons one can think of.

Sounds like a flexible raiding idea....
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2013, 03:24 PM

also if you hit a brick wall on a bass you can do your farm bosses again possibly get a bit more gear, since I seem to remember reading the loot possibly scaled between normal and LFR, since 10man is meant to be close to normal difficulty and then the closer you get to 25 the easier it gets so the loot may drop in ilevel the more people you have, since they have brought in systems where they can have the same item scale on ilevel.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2013, 03:28 PM

I believe it scales up the more people you have so the difficultly remains the same no matter how many people you have in the raid.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2013, 05:21 PM

Yeah. To me this sounds like a nice replacement for LFR.
    As to the gear, it sounds to me like it would be somewhere between LFR and 10 man ilvl and not vary. The only variance would be in the raid difficulty.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ayumis View Post
    I believe it scales up the more people you have so the difficultly remains the same no matter how many people you have in the raid.
    they have actually said it's based on 10man difficulty but then scale from there so since it's working on 10man mechanics it doesn't scale too well so they have said more will make it easier despite the scaling.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bimble View Post
    I read from GC that raid rolls would still be the same so you could not send 14 DPS on a Flex raid. Interestingly he said that you would still need 2 tanks and 2 healers for the smaller raids. Since when is 2 healers been the standard for 10?
    ToT is pretty much all 2 heals expect for maybe 3 fights on HC