Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Important Info: Read This First

Closed Thread

#11   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 09:50 PM

Edit: deleting this outburst. blizzard screwing with my favourite guild and my favourite class is taking its toll. I apologise.

Last edited by Soughtafter; 10-08-2010 at 12:20 AM.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gamerchick View Post
    Can i ask is the guild gonna still be taking on new members was planning on server transfering this week.
    Yup, we're still taking in new members!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    also I have seen mention of guild to guild addons, I assume these will be explained to us when these changes happen, as I didn't know there were any addons to link up multiple guilds.
    There are mods for integrating guild chat across multiple guilds, and we're looking into a new calendar solution as well.
    Trouble is looking for a suitable mod now could screw us as the new patch might make it obsolute.
    Hopefully the change to poilcy will encourage mod makers to provide new tools for the guilds like ours who have had to change their structure!
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 09:56 PM

What does this mean for those of us who are part-time players? I take a lot of breaks (work, other games, cash etc), and almost every time I get booted. (In game name is Lucifyle btw).

I havent been on for a couple of weeks now (not been on anything tbh, between work and my mouse dying on me), does this mean Ive probably been kicked (again)?

The ideas are fair enough, but it does seem to favour the hardcore a fair bit more than us casuals.

If im getting the wrong idea here, feel free to say. Just seems like its going to be tough to stay within the guild ranks after this is implemented.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Soughtafter View Post
    such that many people undoubtably have no idea as yet wich character they will be leveling to 85 to do endgame content on first.
    I dont either. But I'm happy to have one toon in PCG, a couple in the swarm, and my gobbo in the greenskin guild.
    I'm pretty sure that both PCG and the Swarm will get all the guild achieves and perks, and as long as we can find a chat solution we shouldn't have much change to how we run things at the moment.

Quote:
    and as the new cap will further reduce the number of guilds above that cap, eventually people will stop writing/updating such mods alltogether
    I don't understand how having more large guilds splitting up into sub-guilds would reduce the need for guild-to-guild chat addons. Wouldn't it increase it? Am i missing something obvious here?
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Godl1keStev3 View Post
    What does this mean for those of us who are part-time players? I take a lot of breaks (work, other games, cash etc), and almost every time I get booted. (In game name is Lucifyle btw).

I havent been on for a couple of weeks now (not been on anything tbh, between work and my mouse dying on me), does this mean Ive probably been kicked (again)?
    As the plan stands now, every month there will be a set date when any inactive characters will be removed. The date should be set firmly, so as long as you log-in once a month you should be ok.

I would think that we'll have an 'i'm away' thread where those of us who can't log on for a stretch can make it known we're only away temporarily and so not get kicked.

The fact that guild reputation will suddenly become a factor, coupled with the new cap on guild numbers does make this (kicking characters who are away) tricky for us - if you can suggest anytthing that might help us, that would be great.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
    This system will tear our guild apart. The one character in PCG limit is absurd at a time every class is going through sweeping changes, such that many people undoubtably have no idea as yet wich character they will be leveling to 85 to do endgame content on first.
    That's quite a subjective argument. It's no secret you're unhappy with Blizz's current plans for your main's class in Cata - I do feel for you in that respect and I can understand how it can be annoying. But Teem (and Ross) are trying to make the best of a terrible job by Blizzard. Try not to see it quite so fatally mate. I hope you and everyone else will eventually (if not instantly) be happy with the changes once up and runing. You'll have a few weeks to try out the different builds/mains before Cata is released and hopefully choose a 'main' by the time you need to!

Last edited by Chewwie; 10-07-2010 at 10:24 PM.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 10:18 PM
    Tim Edwards

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Godl1keStev3 View Post

The ideas are fair enough, but it does seem to favour the hardcore a fair bit more than us casuals.

If im getting the wrong idea here, feel free to say. Just seems like its going to be tough to stay within the guild ranks after this is implemented.
    The veteran thing is for casual players, or those who don't end-game - but we don't really know how we'll make it work... yet.

re: kicking - I'm going to be much more relaxed on kicking - losing guild rep will be a huge frustration for most players. I'd like us to try and avoid having to do that in most situations - hence the 350 account limit.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akee View Post
    The fact that guild reputation will suddenly become a factor, coupled with the new cap on guild numbers does make this (kicking characters who are away) tricky for us - if you can suggest anytthing that might help us, that would be great.
    Maybe create a new guild level of "On a Break" or something, so that when Tim culls the guild he can see it easily. Obviously, that will require an officer to be told you are going away.
    This forum is getting busier but I am sure less than half the guild actually come here - there must some way to get the rest to use the forum more.

All in all - I like the solution that has been put forward
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 10:27 PM

Actually, I think Sought may be right about the guild-to-guild chat mods, though for a different reason: I'd imagine current mods are designed more towards allowing alliances of smaller guilds (10 man guilds who group with others to do 25 mans, and so on) to communicate. That won't be as necessary anymore, since guild perks and the new raiding system will encourage those guilds to merge, so the existing mods won't be as in demand. Calendar mods could be tricky for the same reason.

Of course, the above reasoning has been put forward to suggest that Cata will herald the death of small guilds. Now people are talking about the death of large guilds. This always happens any time anything changes, but the changes usually work out. If there's a significant problem, Blizzard usually addresses it; if they don't, the community does; and if they don't, well, there's always PCGChatter.

On that, while we're looking for a communication option, can raid leaders, and especially people who are putting VoA and weekly raids together, be sure to advertise invites in PCG Chatter? Otherwise people will be reluctant to move their characters until the last minute, for fear they might miss something.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 10-07-2010, 10:28 PM

Can we have goblins in the PCG swarm guild?
    Closed Thread