Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-31-2013, 08:29 AM

Default Raid Report 30/05/13

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Marlin
    Healers: Sid and Medi
    Melee: Somni, Verakan, Reaptouch and Desastrus
    Ranged: Zalid, Waloper, Littlesky, Dcdarkling, Adragosh and Aphaeas

We headed straight to ToT where were aiming to clear up to Tortos.

The first boss and the trash leading up to Horridon were really awful. Although we one shot the first boss there were 5 of us alive at the end due to frozen orb things being dropped here, there and everywhere amongst other things. The trash just kept killing us for no real reason except people not focussing down.

Things turned around a bit on Horridon after a bit of a team chat. It took a handful of attempts to kill him, but we did have some weak players kicking around and the few times we did wipe it was very close.

I then made the decision of taking those who had not yet killed council to council as I wanted to let them have a chance to prove themselves. I have to say I was surprised when we killed it in the first few attempts.

Thanks to everyone who sat out last night. I know a few of you sat out more than one fight last night but I can now at least say that we have seen what everyone can do so I now know who we will be taking to progression fights and who we will keep trying to help/gear up in the easier fights. If you disagree with where you have been placed, please /w me in game and we can have a chat. Obviously, as your gear, numbers etc improve (or get worse!) you can be moved between groups, so noone is stuck in one place forever.

Starter fights (eg: Horridon) (fights on farm)
    Verakan, Gormosh

Medium fights (eg: Council) (fights we have recently killed but are not yet 'farmable')
    Dcdarkling, Desastrus, Bleag

Progression fights (eg: Tortos) (fights we haven't killed yet/are not on farm)
    Tanks: Slim, Marlin, Doom,
    Healers: Sid, Medi,
    Melee: Somni, Reaptouch
    Ranged: Korannis, Zalid, Waloper, Littlesky, Adragosh, Aphaeas

If I have missed any names off please let me know, there are a lot of you and I don't have my list right now!

As you can see there are 13 people in the top tier, this accomodates people being away and also ideal raid set ups (eg: a non melee friendly fights means I may only take one melee). This should limit the time spent sat out on progression fights.
    The top team will be given priority for gearing up on the lower bosses, so if you really need something then let me know and I will make sure you are in the fight you need loot from. Obviously I need to give everyone else a chance to raid as well so there may be times when I ask you to sit out if you only need a small upgrade.

Again, if anyone is unhappy with this please PM me or /w me in game. I find decisions like this tough as you are all lovely people and I don't want to upset anyone. However, everyone has a chance to be in the top tier if you work hard, know your class and gear up.

Re: Verakan. He has been given a week to sort out his stats balancing.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-01-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aphaeas View Post
    Re: Verakan. He has been given a week to sort out his stats balancing.
    And his lack of Vent I hope
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-01-2013, 03:43 PM

Not a bad night all in all. We did what we were hoping for - kill the first 3 bosses. The trash up to Horridon did sound like it was giving you issues for some bizarre reason.

As to Horridon, it went much better than I expected.
    Absolutely no issues with the first 3 doors, especially nice interrupts going on, and Littlesky doing a great job on the Dinomancer interrupt+MD.
    1st attempt became unstuck on the fourth door for some reason - think it was aggro.
    2nd attempt was going well until Slim mistimed his Horridon taunt and still had triple puncture stacks.
    3rd attempt was a no-go when Medi had a lag spike on first door.
    4th attempt was the killer. Reaptouch managed to kill himself on a frozen orb, but Marlin did a good job of getting him up while Horridon was busy smashing door 3. After that is was just a case of keeping calm. Flamecasters were nicely dealt with and so were the shamans.
    It was nice to see people doing their jobs and the improvement on some people was evident.

Trash up to Council were no problem and even dropped some nice tanking feet for Slim (Somni kindly passed them on to Slim when he won them).

Was nice to listen on Vent to the Council attempts and lovely kill. Sounds like the fight is really beginning to click at last
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-01-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aphaeas View Post
    If I have missed any names off please let me know, there are a lot of you and I don't have my list right now!
    Only one I can see missing is Balrog. But then we have not seen him at all yet
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-01-2013, 05:46 PM

Yeah, I can't really put people on the list when they haven't turned up to a single raid!
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 06-02-2013, 08:18 AM

I will be there tonight but maybe late as do not finish work till 7
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 06-02-2013, 03:43 PM

i'm doubtful peeps, my mate made a surprise visit last night, not seen him in 2 years so think he might want to do something (depending on how he is feeling today) so i'll let you know soon as i know whats happening.