Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-30-2013, 09:27 PM

Default thinking of quitting raiding

just 2 say im thinking of quitting raiding for a while I have been thinking this for a couple of weeks now especially while sitting on the side lines I will not sign up anymore but if im online and needed ill help out (waloper)
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-30-2013, 09:37 PM

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you dont
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-30-2013, 10:27 PM

I'm sorry you feel that being asked to sit out is asking too much of a team member.
    Everyone will have done this in the past, and will in the future. Healers and tanks tend to be the exception as they are in a minority.

If you do decide you need a break, then that's ok. But I hope it's for the right reasons, and not a knee-jerk reaction to what is happening at the moment with the team. Aphaeas is trying to find out where each persons strengths are, and also getting gear for those that need it. So, that has meant that some of the more reliable team members have had to sit out for the new people. Unless we take the new people, we will not know if they are capable of listening, taking advice, working on their character, and playing nicely with the team. Let alone produce the healing/tanking/dps required.
    Some who may be lacking at the moment may turn out to be excellent players with a bit of help.

We now have a better idea of who we can take to progression fights, and who we can take to fights we have on farm.

It was actually nice tonight to see us take down all 3 of the bosses we should have on farm. Could have done with less wipes, but we are getting there.

I hope you don't leave, but if you need a break then enjoy yourself and we'll see you when you are ready to come back.

Last edited by Zalid; 05-31-2013 at 02:09 AM.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 05-31-2013, 08:00 AM

I am a big fan of taking a break. You are able to do some new things and come back refreshed.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 05-31-2013, 08:12 AM

I'm sorry to hear that and also sorry that you were unable to share your concerns with me before you made this decision.

Now that I have seen everyone raid both easy bosses and progression I am now able to balance the team allowing everyone to raid the content they need to be raiding and deserve to be raiding.

I know that there has been friction about a certain player and as a raid leader I decided to give them a week to sort themselves out before with the penalty of not doing any progression raiding within that week. If they are not sorted by Thursday they will no longer be raiding with the team.

There has been a lot of sitting out by my key Awesome player recently, but I really did need to see what all of the other guys could do before rebuilding the team.

Obviously, if you did continue to raid you would be included in the progression team and because there are more than 10 strong players you would sometimes be asked to sit out a progression fight but in general, you would be there for most fights.

If you read todays raid report I will be outlining who will be going to each bit of content. If you still feel that you need to quit raiding then all of the best to you. It has been fun raiding with you and you will always be welcome back to the team.