Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > 25 Man Raid Team

#1   Report Post  
    Old 10-03-2010, 11:20 PM

Default Raid Wing and Cataclysm

Hi Guys,

I hope you're all well. We've been running the 'Raid Ready' system for several months, and I think it has been relatively successful. It was always an odd time to start with a whole new raiding system, but as I explained its something we want to use for Cata, and it seemed sensible to start it early, to iron out any kinks.

Needless to say, the Raid Wing list will be cleared once Cata launches, and we'll start taking applications as soon as possible once people are reaching 85 and gearing up for raiding.

This is the opportunity, therefore, to make any comments or suggestions about the way the system has worked (not particularly for the last couple of weeks, as signups have been so low that it hasn't really come into play), the good things, anything we can improve for Cata etc.

If you don't feel comfortable saying something in an open thread, feel free to send me an in-game mail. Now's the chance to have your say before we draw up a final Cata raiding plan.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 10-04-2010, 12:02 AM

Is it still going to apply just to 25 mans? And if so, how is that going to fit in more generally to the guild raiding system?
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 10-04-2010, 12:25 AM

the shared lockout creates something of a headache here. especially with the new saved per-boss thing.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 10-04-2010, 01:28 AM

zactly. Just wondering if you've decided how to structure the new raiding system around that yet, and how big a part Raid Wing will play in it.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 10-04-2010, 02:39 PM

Thought the idea was great, but timing was a little late to see any real use of Raid Wing membership.
    Raid wing application process was interesting to see other applications.
    Agree with Bel regarding the new raiding for cata. Most of us are going to start with 10 man I reckon, but may evolve then into 25 man. Guess time will tell.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 10-04-2010, 03:17 PM

be interesting to see since they said loot for 10 and 25 would be the same, just more would drop in 25, but then you also have more people to share it between in a 25man raid.

so my guess is unless people really enjoy the 25man's more than the 10man's there will be little reason to do anything more than a 10man.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 10-04-2010, 06:06 PM

Actually, the drop rate per capita in 25-mans is higher, meaning that if you can run 25-mans, it will be the most efficient way to gear. We'll have to see how it pans out, I've got a few ideas, but they largely depend on how many raids we get at each tier of content.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 10-04-2010, 06:29 PM

If you want to raid competitively and the fights are tuned properly 25 man raids will have faster progress from week 2 onwards. This assumes that later fights and hard modes will require gearing for with raid gear. This will happen faster in 25s with more loot per capita, as well as it being less likely that you will be sharding loot early on because your 10 man raid either has the item, or has no specs that would use it.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 10-04-2010, 06:50 PM

I have a completely open mind about raiding in Cata. I really want to see how it pans out, and give all possibilites an equal chance, as opposed to saying 'this is what I want us to do'. Needless to say that the current raid wing membership will be entirely moot come release, as no-one will be raid ready - the positive thing here is that we can start small IF we need to.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 10-11-2010, 07:04 AM

Hey,

Just a quick question:
    Is it then a race to get to 85 and get in the Raiding list?

If so the people who cannot play all the time must be at a dis-advantage.

Wyrmy