Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 04-22-2013, 08:15 AM

Default Raid Report 21/04/13

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim, Sark and Thorillin
    Healers: Sid, Archaz and Doom
    Melee: Meki
    Ranged: Zalid, Noheels, Littlesky and Aph

Thanks to Doom for respeccing so that we had enough healers.

Not a bad night, we had a full team so we headed straight to ToT where I set the ground rules that we would no longer coast and if anyone was not pulling the numbers they should be they would be named and shamed.

The first boss went down nice and easily. Horridon was just a pain.

The first few tries were awful. Adds were not being interrupted and DPS was much too low. After a few attempts though we were looking a lot better, consistantly getting to the final door or into the final stage.

We didn't manage to kill Horridon, partly due to the fact that we spent a lot of time waiting around between pulls for people, and partly due to some silly mistakes such as missing interupts and noone clicking on the orbs. I know it has been a while since we last killed Horridon. However, he has since been nerfed. There is little excuse for some of the mistakes being made last night so please make sure you read up on tactics before Tuesday when we will be having another go at him.

I will be cracking down on the waiting between pulls. There are some circumstances which I understand and this is normally discussed with me pre-raid. If you know you need to be afk during raid for any reason, please let me know and I will arrange our breaks around these to minimise us having to wait around for everyone else.

The good news is that after a bit of encouragement, everyones DPS/helaing got a lot better than the first few pulls. I think we can all do a little bit more in order to make sure that he dies on Tuesday.

The plan for Tuesday is back into ToT to kill Horridon and hopefully have a stab at council.

As I mentioned last night. There is an aura of giving up within the team where due to the fact that we struggle to get raids together people are not playing as well as we know they can. This needs to stop now. If we want to recruit we need to be killing current content at a good pace and we cannot do that whilst coasting. Please come to raid ready to give 100%. There may be the occassional cancelled raid where we don't have enough people, but generally we will be raiding twice a week with a full team.

PS: I'm being cruel to be kind. I love you all really!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 04-22-2013, 04:49 PM

Must admit I felt really frustrated after last night. Between the unannounced standing around waiting for individuals and some not utilising their skills, I felt quite down after the raid. If I see the same people not using their skills again I will also be calling them out - feel free to point out if I also am slacking in some way.
    I have a few ideas about Horridon that I will discuss with Aphaeas. I hope this will make things easier overall. Basically set up dedicated interrupts and so forth. At the moment the fight just feels like a free for all and is not working too well. At least from my perspective. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to put them forward as we are a team and want to keep advancing. As we will be facing Horridon every week, we cannot just keep plugging away at him hoping that we get him down. We need a consistent strategy that we can replicate every week.
    We almost have the team to make progression, we just need a couple of new recruits to fill our numbers. But until then, we really on Epic, who once again helped us out - Thanks Sarkris.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 04-22-2013, 06:26 PM

You need solid interrupts on all the adds. The hardest doors are 2nd and 4th which are heavy interrupt doors.

If you feel like your getting swarmed by adds , knock it down to 2 healers as your higher dps will deal with the adds way quicker and you will bring less stress to the healers. The more adds the more healing.

Save Bloodlust to burn the boss in last phase after the 4th door opens and you should get it quickly.

If someone is scumbagging on the boss the whole time then give them a worthy slap . every dps should be on adds until last phase as the burn is so fast

Its one of those fights to be honest once you get the 'flow' of it everything falls into place and you will be constantly getting it.

The main progress is the doors, you will find you clear each door better and better as you go then finally hit last phase and die due to raid dmg, once you have that grove you got it!
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 PM

Agreed Nelks. It's pretty much what I was thinking.
    I think it's one of those fights where you need to assign people to interrupt duty. That means everyone who can interrupt, should be using it. We will need to assign people to targets in future, so that it is a smoother fight for everyone.
    Trying to decide whether to stay on skull or to switch to another mob so that it does not get its cast off is not the best way. Though it just occurred to me that I really should use my focus interrupt macro for that fight. I feel like a clod for not thinking of that earlier
    As to your 2 healer idea. I can't see that working for us. We pretty much are 2 healing it at the moment. Doom is pretty much on remove debuff duty throughout that fight. Should he be ? Probably not. It's another area that needs to be looked at.
    We are saving bloodlust for when War-God Jalak appears.
    I think we just need to tidy a lot of small things up and we'll be ok on this fight.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 04-22-2013, 07:12 PM

We did have dedicated interupts. The only add I didn't have a dedocated interupt on was the dinomancer. that is because all of the DPS were hitting it and he wasn't really alive long enough to need too many interrupts.

Essentially the fight was coming together, we just need some more DPS and a little less damage being taken and I think we will be well on our way to killing him.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 04-22-2013, 07:19 PM

Found a nice simple write-up of the fight on wowhead ([url]http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68476#comments[/url]).
    Even though we should all already know all this, I'll post it here to make sure :

10man Normal Our setup:

2 tanks
    2 healers
    1-2 melee
    4-5 ranged

For the tankytonks only:
    [LIST=1][*]Have the boss positioned so his side is always towards the raidgroup.[*]Triple Puncture from the boss will be too much unless you perform a tank swap or reset stacks by having a paladin hop on the current boss tank (this might be preferred if your tanks are far apart gearwise).[*]We went with tauntswap on boss on each transition to new doors.[/LIST]
    All Troll Gates Quick Facts:[LIST=1][*]Treat him like a dragon: do not stand in front or behind (unless you are the tank), except if charge is on you - then it might be beneficial to move either in front or behind as he will do his Double Swipe shortly after.[*]Do not stand in shizzles on the ground![*]Learn to interrupt those adds![*]When you aren't busy dealing with adds, make sure to splash out some damage on the boss - however, do not ever get him below 30% before you are in the very last phase of the fight.[*]Assign a (ranged) interrupter to always deal with the first interrupt on the Dino Mending from the Dinomancer, have a backup interrupter for the second one in case you don't get him below 50% before he starts to channel again. Have an assigned player and assigned backup for clicking the Orb of Control ASAP. Remember that you can still move about while you hold the Orb.[/LIST]
    Farraki Kill Order & QuickFacts:[LIST][*]Single Wastewalker -> Dinomancer -> Pair of Wastewalkers -> Stonegazers -> Skirmishers[*]Do not forget to have an assigned stunner for the Stonegazers as their stun might prove fatal.[*]Dispel Blazing Sunlight.[/LIST]
    Gurubashi Kill Order & QuickFacts:[LIST][*]Single Venom Priest -> Dinomancer -> Pair of Venom Priests -> Venomous Effusions -> Bloodlords[*]Have assigned interrupters on each of the Venom Priests. Interrupt as many of the Effusions as you can.[*]Do not stand in or near the Living Poisons.[*]Anyone who can remove their own poison debuff, remove it on transition to next gate, the rest will need a dispel/poison removal cast on them.[/LIST]
    Drakkari Kill Order & QuickFacts:[LIST][*]Single Frozen Warlord -> Dinomancer -> Pair of Frozen Warlords -> Risen Champions -> Risen Warriors[*]All make sure you stay outside the blue circle surrounding each Frozen Orb.[*]If needed in order to keep the situation under control, use Timewarp/Heroism once the solo Frozen Warlord has dropped down, else keep it as it will be very handy later on.[*]Remove Deadly Plague if you have raiders who can remove it, as it hurts with lots of these mobs up.[/LIST]
    Amani Kill Order & QuickFacts:[LIST=1][*]Finish off any remaining mobs.[*]Tanks swap on Horridon so the tank who had the Amani adds start this phase tanking the boss.[*]Reposition so the boss is in the center of the arena, with the raidgroup huddled up stacked on a marked healer hugging the side of the boss.[*]Everyone be aware and ready to move out if they are Charged by the boss.[*]Put out as much damage as you can on Horridon without pushing him below 30%.[/LIST]
    [LIST][*]Once War-God Jalak drops down, pop Timewarp/Hero unless you already used it, and nuke down the War-God ASAP. Physical damage mitigation is also helpful here because of Beastial Cry.[*]Horridon becomes enraged when the War-God dies, so you want to finish things off as quickly as possible from now on.[*]Do a tankswap when Jalak dies to keep the stacks of Triple Puncture under control.[*]Burn the boss while dealing with positioning for the Charges/Double Swipes.[/LIST]