Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#11   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 01:45 PM

I guess its a good job I'm not in charge of the team; if one my my raiders signed up as "accepted", then didn't show up, forcing a last-minute change of plans, and then bragged about it doing so on the team forum, I might not be really impressed.

There is probably nothing more frustrating for a WoW player than having a raid cancelled at the last minute. I know lots of TA really look forward to raids, and are very disappointed when they can't happen. That's why I've been doing all I can to help out, and to get other members of my guild to help out when you're short.

Meki shouldn't feel bad because her tanking was a bit shaky- she's never tanked some of those fights before, and I thought both tanks did very well, having been thrown in at the deep end. I also thought the warlock (sorry, name escapes me) did very well; maybe not stellar DPS, but a solid understanding of the class and followed instructions well. DPS increases with gear, confidence and knowledge, but you need to start with the right attitude.

It seems to me that the team often feels like its advancing after a week or two of good turnouts and killing some bosses, then someone leaves or goes AWOL and there's a step backward.

I suspect Ayumis is right; raiding with an established team is very intimidating. Unfortunately, because the number of people willing to lead a raid in PCG is already stretched, there's no intro or beginners' raid; both teams are working on ToT and the end of the previous tier. I know new players can get gear from LFR, but you don't learn to raid from doing LFR, and the droprates are depressing. I'd be interested to see how much interest there would be in a beginners' raid, starting with MSV normals, like we used to run on Saturdays. You can pad out the numbers with alts, of course. I'd be happy to lead it. Hopefully, this would be a useful recruitment ground for the two established teams; I know several of my current raiders that I spotted during the Saturday afternoon casual raids, and they all turned out to be excellent.

TLDR: Everyone has a social life, but if you expect 9 other people to be available so you can raid when you want to, you need to give the same back. There's not enough for new 90s to learn to raid so they can join TA.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 01:59 PM

Everything Darieth has said is, as usual, very true.

I know it is tough and I know that sometimes things happen and you can't make raids but 75% of the time you either post on the forums, tell us in advance or contact me personally to tell me you can't make it. It always helps as it gives us time to organise a replacement for the night. The 25% of the time when people just don't turn up is when it gets frustrating.

I know my attendance has been a bit slack of late, but I gave plenty of warning, and chatted to Zalid about taking over before giving up my Sundays. As most of you can appreciate, now that Sark and I are in different raiding teams, who raid on different nights, plus work commitments, we didn't have any nights where one of us wasn't tied to a computer.
    Sunday's aside, things have been tough for me with having to put in the extra hours work demands and then, very occassionaly sleeping through raid. For that I can only apologise and I know it is not the best example to be setting.

As long as we all communicate and are dedicated in turning up on time as much as we can as well as letting people know in advance if we are unavailable then things will be a lot smoother in getting raids together. Instead of waiting to see someone turns up we know they aren't coming and can get to work getting a replacement in.

I will put a post out to see who is interested in a beginners raid. It is something the officers have discussed and we agree needs to be done, however I simply do not have the time to lead another raid. I think the other officers are in a similar position. On the plus side, we do run all of the wings of LFR every week as a guild group, where we do go through tactics etc.

If you are one of the few who do not have my contact details to get in touch if you are going to miss a raid drop me a PM, or chat to me in game and I will make sure you have a way of getting hold of me.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 02:10 PM

Well here is my point, to log on and be told that there could be a possibility of people missing is not good. Every Thursday seems to be the same 90% of us turn up to be told sorry no raid. This has been the case for most of this expansion.

Real life comes 1st and been unable to unsign that late is unfortunate and message was passed on .
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 02:20 PM

The reason we are short almost every Thursday is because we only have 9 team members: Doom, Slim, Sid, Meki, Somni, Zalid, Noheels, Littlesky and Myself. We manage to raid on Sundays and Tuesdays because we get bailed out by Epic.

We have Archaz who seems to come and go as he pleases as this is an alt raid to him, Reaptouch is new and on trial and well, that's it.
    I think once in recent weeks I have managed to turn Darieth away because we had enough people on a Sunday or Tuesday.

It's noones fault that it has turned out this way, we need to recruit. I cannot be online every single night at the moment to recruit so it would really help if a few of you just put something in trade chat every hour or so to say that we are recruiting raiders. Anything that anyone can think of to attract a few raiders into the guild would be a huge help at the moment.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 05:44 PM

Location: Most boring and coldest country in the world. Sweden!

No Aph i didnt think that at all.

I got a little nervous cuz Sam told ne he was trying out for another guild last week.
    And i thought that he wanted to leave PCG, which would mean less playtime for Meki, so i paniced.
    But since he hopefully will get to raid more with epic on saturdays, he will stay put. But that would only be his mage in that case. And we made deal that we would try to raid more eqaully. He got mondays with Win (if they have space) saturdays with Epic (if they got space) and the Awesome days we will try to rotate. Only problem is that his mage and rogue are getting better than my pally and that bothers me.....

Im still more fun and a better player than he is....
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 05:53 PM

I have a question.....
    Is there any reason that Darieth dosent move one of his alts to PCG, just so he could sign when he us availible? He helps us out all the time anyway. This would make it much easier for Aph to plan ahead.
    Or, he can sign with Zarieth, when he is avilible?
    Or he can just quit Epic......
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 06:19 PM

I don't tend to sign up because I don't want to take a raid spot from a main. I always let Zalid or Aphaeas know in advance if I can help out if you're short.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 06:52 PM

Good discussion with some good feedback.
    Also, sorry for the long post, but trying to cover everything.

Thursdays have become a real sore point for our team. Last few have had to be cancelled as people have not been available for whatever reason. A suggestion was made a while ago about moving our Thursday raid to a different night, as that could allow any interested Win members to sign up. Personally, I can't see this working. There will now be something guild wise every night of the week :
    Wed = LFR
    Thurs = Win/Awesome raiding
    Fri = LFR
    Sat = New raiders
    Sun = Awesome raid
    Mon = Win raid
    Tue = Awesome raid
    From that list, only Monday will be free to me. So Thursdays are going to be a real problem due to Archaz working on that day. With only 10 full time team members (counting Archaz in this ), things are hard. Ideally, we would want a minimum of 12 in our team to allow for some leeway. Unfortunately, we just do not have the numbers. I always hope that we'll get those extra few we need, but it's been months now since we had a stable team. We seem to get some new blood into the team and either they leave, or someone else leaves. Such is life. We will continue to try and recruit. I know I've been slacking on this and will try and do more.

Regarding OS. Yes, if you can work on your OS, then great. As a mage I do not have a non-dps OS, which is why I've been working on my bear and am happy now to tank when needed. Like last night. Of course his OS is another issue. I will heal on him, but have never really been consistent with it. As others have pointed out, LFR is a terrible place to gauge your performance. Certain classes can use the wrong spells just to make themselves look good on charts. Sniping heals are also a big problem in LFR. It's only when they are asked to properly heal, do you find out if they can. Sha is a good fight in my eyes. As you have to keep your group alive when you are sent to a pavilion. You fail, then your healing may not be up to it. I have healed pug dungeons and by and large keep the group alive. But even there you are not sure due to the discrepancies in gear and people playing correctly.

Darieth and Team Epic. Must admit that I always am comforted by the way you keep helping out our guild and team. You have allowed us to make more progress than we would otherwise have. It's a shame that we still need to have you join us to fill our roster, and yet it's great that you are there. Your insights into the fights are a real boost, and any failures quickly pointed out. All I can say is thank you. Though thank you is not enough.

Meki. As Aphaeas has said. We are more than happy for anyone to constructively comment about any guild/team issues from day one. Sometimes the new person will actually see something that others have missed. So, keep commenting.

Ayumis. Yes, that was an unfortunate bit of commenting by some in our team. As you say. That could quite easy be taken wrongly and frighten any new wanabe raider off. As you quite rightly surmise, it was just some banter. But still could be off putting. I will try and keep an eye on this in future and make sure that people realise it is just banter.

Sanjo. Thanks for putting your hand up to come and heal for us. Unfortunately your ilvl was too low and I believe you would have struggled. LFR gives a good idea about what ilvl you need for normals, though the newest ones would need more.
    MSV = 460
    HoF = 470
    Terrace = 470
    Of course, ilvl is only an indicator of your gear.
    There are players out there who can do wonders with low ilvls. eg. Klog was running rings around me at a lot lower ilvl than I am sporting in HoF. iirc he was 463 and I was 485 and he was putting out more dps and damage.
    But, ilvl does give a good indicator for healers as you need so much to keep your MP5 high.

Manafist (the warlock that Darieth was mentioning). Thanks for filling in and doing a good job. Not sure how much experience you have of real raids, but you did decent dps and listened to what was going on. In hindsight it may have been better if we had carried on in MSV, so that you could have got to see more of the raid and maybe got some loot. As it turns out, we would not have gone on much further anyway as Archaz had to leave at 10. Hopefully you enjoyed yourself and may feel like joining us again.

Beginners Raid. As Aphaeas said, it's something we have been meaning to do for a while but never got around to. The issue has been who would turn up and who lead/organise it. Darieth has mentioned before that he would be happy to lead it, which is really great of him. Though this did worry me :
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darieth View Post
    I'd be happy to lead it. Hopefully, this would be a useful recruitment ground for the two established teams; I know several of my current raiders that I spotted during the Saturday afternoon casual raids, and they all turned out to be excellent.
    Will he use it to get more into his team ?
    Only kidding Darieth
    They would need to be really good players before you would consider them for Team Epic, and something special to poach them from PCG.
    But seriously, it is something that will happen now (Aphaeas has posted about it elsewhere). If Darieth is happy to lead it then that would be really good. Hopefully we can start this ASAP.
    I do have one question : What will happen to Epics alt run on Saturday ? I know some from this guild have participated and will probably wonder the same. Will they carry on even if you are leading the PCG Beginners Team ?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darieth View Post
    I guess its a good job I'm not in charge of the team; if one my my raiders signed up as "accepted", then didn't show up, forcing a last-minute change of plans, and then bragged about it doing so on the team forum, I might not be really impressed.
    Totally agree.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 09:34 PM

My posts where ment to be on the other thread. Dont know how i ended up on this thread.
    But i do agree with you guys, specially with "Darieth and Team Epic. Must admit that I always am comforted by the way you keep helping out our guild and team. You have allowed us to make more progress than we would otherwise have."

And Doomy, you wouldnt even talk to me when i got saved... And now you dont even show up?
    I love you anyway....

And Aph dont worry sweety. I know how it is cuz i am in the same boat. Me and Sam are almost never off at the same time. And when we are off one of uss is always infront of the PC:/
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 09:42 PM

HAHahahahaha I just relized its the same thread but another page HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Sorry its been a loooooong day