Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 04-14-2013, 09:18 PM

Default Raid Report 14/04/13

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim, Meki and Zalid
    Healers: Sid, Archaz and Darieth
    Melee: Somni and Reaptouch
    Ranged: Zalid, Noheels and Manafist

First of all thanks to Darieth for joining us and putting up with a bit of messing about as we tried to get a group together.
    Also thanks to Manafist for filling up the last dps spot.

We finally managed to get enough together to go into MSV and do a couple of heroics.
    With me tanking on my bear for the first time it was going to be an adventure, but it turned out pretty good in the end.

A two-shot of dogs on normal mode was not the best of starts, but we killed it.

We then went to heroic Feng. Took us a few attempts as both Meki and I got used to the mechanics of the barrier and spellsteal abilities. We made steady progress on the 2nd pillar as Meki got used to where to position the barrier and the adds were nuked down when the barrier was not available. Then we were on to the 3rd pillar where I needed to steal the Lightning Fists. No problem stealing the ability, but I managed to use it on the wrong boss ability by accident. Some frantic healing kept us all alive and the next one I managed to steal and use properly and Feng enjoyed his little dance. Last pillar went smoothly and Feng bit the dust.
    Noheels got a chestpiece. Somni got a trinket, and I got a nice ring.

Garaj'hal heroic proved more of a challenge with the adds in the spirit world proving a problem. Noheels switched to his hunter to increase the dps and both Meki and I upped our dps on our adds. After a few attempts we got him down.
    Meki got some healing wrists.

Manafist stepped out so Slim could come and tank for us and we headed into ToT to kill Jin'rokh. A pretty smooth kill ensued with him down before the 4th puddle.
    I got some nice new shoulders and Littlesky got some nice legs.

Considering we were 2 tanks and 2 healers short at the start of the raid, it all came together quite nicely and we had a decent night.

Last edited by Zalid; 04-14-2013 at 09:20 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 04-14-2013, 11:44 PM

Location: Most boring and coldest country in the world. Sweden!

Yea, not the best night but somehow Zalid managed to get a group together. With both tanks and Aph gone i really thought that it was going to cancelled.... again. We really need to get a steady team together. As our progress is going pretty slow and as we have fallen in some kind of pattern of raids getting cancelled, i am afraid that ppl will fall of our team maybe even our guild. I really hope that this is just a phase we are going through, but we all have seen things like this before. Sid has left uss once already, and we were lucky he came back.

I had to work on our previous raid, which was good since the raid got cancelled due the lack of healers.
    As we are a social guild, i really think that we are doing well, we just need a little more organisation or dedication if you rather prefer that word. We also need to put a little more work in our OS. So the whole raid dosent fall apart if we miss one tank or healer. Right now, our whole raid depends on Slim and Doom. We need a OS tank, because there will be more nights like this since we all have a RL.
    Think we need to start to recruit more agressivly, and let ppl outside PCG know that we are in need of a tank, healer or whatever you guys think we need but its time to start the recruitment.

Also i would love to see Somni heal next time there is a healer spot open, so maybe we can work something out. Having 2 retri MS and holy OS paladins is just a waste of time and gear. I rather have one good geared OS healer than 2 avarage geared healers. I would be more than happy to step back as OS healer so we make sure that all healing plate goes to Somni, just so we can get a steady team. Or if he prefers he can go prot since we might need a OS tank also. But its all upp to you guys, whatever you decide is best.

Lots of kisses and hugs to Epic for all the help.

Last edited by Meki; 04-15-2013 at 12:25 AM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 08:01 AM

We have been recruiting for a very long time. A little while before you joined we were a guild who only invited people who read the magazine but due to the way the server is going I eventually had to make the decision to open the guild up to anyone. We often put things into trade chat saying that we are recruiting, the problem is that the server is much too quiet and those who want raiding spots are leaving to go to other servers. Trust me when I say that we are doing our best to recruit.

I have been running Team Awesome since Wrath and we have always had periods where we need new people as RL etc takes people away from raiding. Work and my personal life has even seen me had to cut down my raiding recently, but thankfully Zalid (despite saying he didn't want to) has stepped up to take over the raids I can't make.

I am fine with using people's offspecs when we need to but the issue I do have is that some peoples offspecs are not up to the task. I know gear can be a pain to get sometimes but it would really help if people could work on their OS for the occassions when we just don't have enough people. My druid is now 90 and I am gearing her up so she should be able to tank/heal the easier fights soon.

I know that it is frustrating when raids get cancelled but there is aften very little we can do about it. We do have very dedicated players and they will always let us know when they are unavailable which is great. We just need to find ourselves a few more dedicated people to make raids a bit smoother.

Well done on what you did kill last night. I will be back as usual on Tuesday and hopefully most others will. If you have friends or know of other guilds who are looking to raid then please send me a PM or /w me and we can have a chat.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 09:20 AM

I'm more then happy to heal as I said before, I have been gearing up my priest quite nice of late and it's now at 497 il and pally is about 490. The problem is I have only been healing in lfr and it's a terrible place to judge how your healing is. I have switched to disc on priest and I am finding that a lot better for most fights, especially for mana.

If you need me to be a full time healer then let me know and i will work on healing gear from now on
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 09:38 AM

I would like you to play whatever character you would like to be your main. Like you say, you are happy to heal for us when you can and you seem to be doing everything you can to gear up so I have no issues with you healing when needed.
    I don't like telling people what character they are going to raid on as their main. If you have alts you are happy to use then great, but it is completely up to each individual what they play as.
    We often have people changing mains, which I am also ok with. Although, we do have a rule that says you can only change your main if you are geared enough, and if you are changing from a class which we are low on (heals/dps) you may be asked to play your (now alt) until we can get a replacement main. Again, nothing unreasonable. After all, WoW is a game and I would rather you were all happy than forced to play a role/class you don't like.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 10:53 AM

Location: Most boring and coldest country in the world. Sweden!

Ok, i just read what i wrote and relaised i sound like a totall bitch. (as usuall).
    For the first time Sam actually was visiting the forum and gave me a little yelling on my attitude.

I didnt mean to put anyone out, so if anyone took any offence i apoligize.
    Like Sam told me: " you are new in the guild and not in a position to make comments like this, you are lucky you are even allowed to raid with them after i read your comments on this forum".
    I hate to admit it but he is the smarter one of us two. He thinks before he speaks and i dont, as you know.

Anyway, i didnt mean for Somni to change char. His dps is really sweet and we need him on his paladin. (ofc if you prefer to play your priest thats up to you). I meant that instead of having 2 OS paladin healers we should have one, so we can gear him upp properly. And that my sweet Somni is you. I am not a good healer and i think you would do a better job as a OS healer than i would. Just ask Doom what he thinks on my healing hehe. I think his exactly words were: " I do more helaling than you do... AS A BEAR!" lol
    I on the other hand will work on my tank gear and experience. I started tanking in MoP, so i am really new at tanking. Not quiet used to it, i do not have the proper addons, but i will get there.
    This just in case one of our tanks goes MiA again.

Sam bought me my own account 2 days ago, so hopefully some time in the future we will both be able to raid with you guys as soon as i hit 90. I never leveled a char before so i dont know how long it takes. But since we still only have 1 PC, i am not in a hurry to hit 90.

Once again i appologize for the bitchy attitude.

Last edited by Meki; 04-15-2013 at 11:00 AM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 11:20 AM

For a second I paniced, because I thought you meant I had a go at you. Thankfully re-reading has made me realise you do not mean me!

Secondly, you did not sound bitchy at all. Everything you said was very true. My response was probably a little harshly worded, simply because I, like the rest of you am so frustrated that we can't seem to recruit. Only for me it seems worse because, being leader it is my fault that we can't recruit, or at least it feels that way.

As for being new. That means nothing in this guild. Every one of our members are part of the community from day 1. That means you can give your opinion, post on the forums and join in conversations anytime you want. Often giving your opinion is a good thing as it helps us to think of ways around issues we are having whilst raiding (eg: you have thought of a new way of tackling a tactic). All we ask is that you do it in a pleasant way, don't 'target people' eg: saying 'Doom is rubbish' all over the forums (you haven't, it is an example) and generally don't say/do anything you wouldn't expect others to do.

I have no problems with anything you have said. You have pretty much summed up everything that is happening in the team and what we are all thinking as well as giving some positive points as to how we can solve them. The only issue is that we are already doing what you have suggested, which only means that they must be good ideas, as we are already taking action on them!
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 12:34 PM

Hi guys,

I just wanted to add a little.

Yesterday I noticed in guild chat that you needed a DPS to make a group.

It was a nice chance for someone new to join the team and see if they liked raiding.

Unfortunately extra little comments were added like "must do 100k dps " and "come and get boosted by us" that could put new players off if they don't know the people saying these things are only joking (I hope)

Awesome has always been a joking fun loving raid team that likes the odd poke at each other, its a good team and fun when you know each other well enough, but I could imagine it can be off putting to new or quiet people.

Just an observation from an ex-awesomer.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 12:43 PM

Ah, thanks Ayumis. I wasn't online last night to see that.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 04-15-2013, 12:50 PM

Raiding is SrS Business but pub tops raiding