Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Wurm Online

#1   Report Post  
    Old 09-29-2010, 11:29 AM

Default Anyone to play Wurm with?

Since reaching the PCG village, i've noticed that it's near enough abandoned. Most of the villagers have moved onto their own projects, some near some far.

I was wondering if there was anyone who still plays regularly and wouldn't mind having someone else to play with.

When I first came to Freedom, I isolated myself in a dark corner of the isles which wasn't much fun.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 09-29-2010, 12:56 PM

Hi Squirrel,

It's a complicated situation at the moment, a lot of people have left and the rest of us are spread too thin to keep up the community feeling we had on GV. Real life has been restricting me recently to the evenings, at which time few people are on and it's not worth me hanging around the village (which I would happily do if there are people who are there to want it).

Of the people I keep in regular contact with, there's nearly always someone up for a little talk in IRC, but in-game is another matter. Jekev and Nethriel are on Wild, I only seem to catch the tail end of Digiseer and Morinaka, and Al is always busy with finishing his island and running his boat business. So I'm just working on the new canal project at the moment (which could use help, but will not be most people's idea of fun). I've seen less of shadybear and Lance lately, probably because they're on earlier.

On GV every day was a struggle, if somebody forgot to keep the farms going then we'd be out of food for several days, and maybe an emergency fishing session would be in order. On Freedom most people can easily produce enough for themselves and several others without much work, and if we ever run really low I can produce more than we need in a single harvest. Deeds make decay almost a non-issue, and high skills mean that even when repairs are needed little effort is required to make repairs good for another few months. All this means that staying in the village over the long term isn't a fun prospect, people need other things to do, but when they do them we get in the situation you and Olgit (Auberon) are talking about where people come along and think nobody is around.

We're certainly in for some tough times ahead unless we get a boost to the population. It's mainly down to a problem of inertia, not enough people coming in to replace those that have left. Maybe when free players are allowed on Freedom we'll get back the population we need to keep things going, and then impact of those that are around can be better put to use.

[SIZE="1"](And then there's Epic...)[/SIZE]
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 09-29-2010, 03:27 PM

Bah dont hang around in freeeedoom! come to wild and party it down until epic comes then jump over there.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 09-29-2010, 03:56 PM

Haha. I'll probably get killed as soon as I walk 10 yards on Wild. :P
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 09-29-2010, 07:02 PM

Yeah, your right the Freedom village is a a tad lonely. Lately I've been intending to play Wurm more often, but since I started my A levels I've got so much work to do.
    You probably wont see all that much of me at times, as I usually play a huge amount of Wurm for in a short amount of time, then not go on it for a few weeks; but hopefully when epic is released I'll be playing a lot more.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 09-29-2010, 08:18 PM

Yeah everyone will team up when we go to epic and we can be one big happy family!
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 10-21-2010, 08:56 AM

I'll come back eventully. But can I suggest a quick headcount as to who is actully going to play/ who is still part of the community...
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 10-21-2010, 07:54 PM

We're down in number, but there's still a regular crowd, at least in the evenings when I play.

Digiseer
    Aldabest
    Lance
    Myself
    and now Jekev is back on Freedom.
    EDIT: And now Metalangel is back too.

We're nearly always on.

Squirrel and Shadybear are also on often, and there are a few more who hang around in IRC, including Isosto on GV.

I can only account for the evenings however, there may be others who are on in different time zones, hopefully someone else will post a little information. When it comes to the future, there are a few still on GV who will hopefully be coming through in the not too distant future, and there are a few people who don't play at the moment, but are interested in the idea of Epic.

Last edited by M_the_C; 10-21-2010 at 09:32 PM.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 10-22-2010, 08:49 AM

He asked about people who are still part of the community, so I would also add:

Nethriel (Wild)
    Lagston (Other end of the road from the lake)
    Hulkmccracken (Other side of Freedom)
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 10-22-2010, 11:57 AM

I'll be back too once I get some kind of proper income. Not the best of times to be subbing to a MMO.

Eve Online:
    Gallente: PCGE : Xzal Firentii (inactive)