Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Starcraft II

#11   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2013, 11:32 AM

Yea, Quetza's my account. And Yea, I do some derpy stuff on stream; but the point I was trying to make is you're grumbling about protoss being op (with the exception of oracles, which I agree with) when you're not using everything you've got fully - and not even zomg-mlg-pro-fully, but basic logic/scouting/macro/micro mistakes; your money got too high, you built blind (and yea, I do that too a lot - but only when I'm meta-gaming and I always scout after, and only because building blind is required to stop the 8-min roach push or w/ever that I end up dying to cos my micro sucks XD), you moved your mutas to attack the wrong targets (why are oracles so frikkin annoying? Because they shred your drones. What's gonna annoy the protoss the most with your mutas? Kill his probes and run off! You want his army going back and forward between his main n natural while you burn down the probe count and starve his economy), and you didn't use the leftover minerals (you're gas-capped building mutas, but you still have larva + minerals left) to build a) lings, lots and lots of lings and b) macro-hatches and more bases.

Regarding the throwaway comment about DT's - if you don't scout double gas, don't build any overseers and don't research burrow so you can hide your drones while you morph an overseer, then no offence but you're gonna die every time, and don't blame the coffee :P there's not one mistake there, there's like 3

Regarding the 2-gate proxy - yea, that blows. That, and cannon rushes when I don't spot the probe are my two pet hates in PvP

Followz me on ze twitterz - @ctrlphr34k
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stopngo View Post

I made this thread to complain about toss and all the hard to deal with options they have and have been given..compared with us who are still a drab and boring ling/roach/ hydra/muta basis. not to talk about my own level of skill, which is known, not improving and still capable of beating some of you guys now and again.

So anyway, I started off on NA HoTS as a bronze. Which suprised me because I thought it was gonna give me silver at least...no biggie...I'll have some fun with SH drops which might be an avenue for entertainment in our weak and boring race...
    Just out of curiosity, why don't you change race if you think Zerg is weak and boring? I used to play Protoss but I thought it was pretty boring so i swtiched to Zerg, and I enjoy playing it a lot more. As for toss being OP, I don't think so, there's plenty of ways to deal with their units, but I won't go into detail because you clearly don want any tips or help...

Join the PCG StarCraft 2 Clan!

...It´s OK
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 03-30-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Shoe View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why don't you change race if you think Zerg is weak and boring?
    Coz I like Zerg.

Quote:
    I used to play Protoss but I thought it was pretty boring so i swtiched to Zerg, and I enjoy playing it a lot more. As for toss being OP, I don't think so, there's plenty of ways to deal with their units, but I won't go into detail because you clearly don want any tips or help...
    Why is everyone so po faced about this game?... But go on please, perhaps you'll tell me something I've never heard before.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 03-30-2013, 02:08 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ctrlphr34k View Post

Regarding the throwaway comment about DT's - if you don't scout double gas, don't build any overseers and don't research burrow so you can hide your drones while you morph an overseer, then no offence but you're gonna die every time, and don't blame the coffee :P there's not one mistake there, there's like 3

(
    I'm suprised you stopped there. Infact if you examine that comment further you might have found even more mistakes I potentially could've made. For example, perhaps you might've imagined I had an army out of position, with an overseer not detecting anything..maybe you might discover I had some banelings in my natural that I could've manually exploded next to the DT's, but you imagine I didn't...That's 5 mistakes right there, imagine that..

Shit, 5 mistakes....ouch..gg....you got me...5-2...

But hang on, why would I be checking for double gasses when dropping SH's into main? Isn't it bit late for that? OK I'm sure you're imagining some kind of build order rush over there, but you know what? DT's come often, but they always always come at the end of my games, never at the beginning.

Here's why... Protoss has so many varieties of stinking cheese to choose from, I'm suprised they weren't voiced by french actors. It's just statistically extremely unlikely..Sure there's just as much chance of getting DT rushed as anything else, but it's simply a numbers game when it comes to Protoss's cheese platters.

Think of it like this Zerg is a simple cracker, his job is not crack under pressure while Toss spreads on the Goudam, the Brie, the Stilton, the Cheddar, that nice Wensleydale stuff with the cranberries or apricots in it. A nice glass of red wine spore crawler out front of natural will help with the palatability and will make the zerg a more homeostatic organism...against most cheeses

I said, homeostatic organism...not what you're thinking protoss, calm down boys...

Last edited by Stopngo; 03-30-2013 at 02:11 AM.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 03-30-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
    But hang on, why would I be checking for double gasses when dropping SH's into main? Isn't it bit late for that? OK I'm sure you're imagining some kind of build order rush over there, but you know what? DT's come often, but they always always come at the end of my games, never at the beginning.
    Well if you haven't morphed *ONE* overseer, nor built *ONE* spore cannon by the time endgame DT's come *AND* those DT's are then able to kill you despite you having what, 2-3 bases plus 100-odd supply of army...

99.9% of this game is scouting what your opponent is up to - that, and that alone is the real OPness of the protoss - Observers. A non-combat unit, but so sickly OP it's not true.

I get that you're pissed at how good protoss got it in a supposedly Zerg expansion; but what everyone is trying to say is that it's not the OP/UP thing that's the problem here, you're making the same basic mistakes that we *ALL* made when we first started out (at least, those of us who didn't go straight to plat/whatever) - and we're trying to point out what you should be focussing on. There's no point having the best 9-pool micro, or SH Macro game ever, if your 9-pool's not hitting til the 20th minute or the protoss is going mass voidray/colossus (yes, it can happen. Needs a stupid-early 3rd to work tho, which is why you don't see it very often) and shreds all your hosts/drops before they can do any damage - because you built the wrong army (obviously, vs vr/col you should go pretty much pure corrupter with a handful of earlygame mutas into bl/ling - the lings to hold back the inevitable zealot remax)

#16   Report Post  
    Old 03-30-2013, 04:07 PM

What was the main reason I lost that game then?
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 03-30-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
    What was the main reason I lost that game then?
    Going for structures rather than probes, followed immediatly by flying your mutas over stalkers - sure, you can do that when your flock's large, but early on that's the quickest way to lose a Muta/ling army.

#18   Report Post  
    Old 04-02-2013, 06:42 AM

Well, yeah, I know I flew over stalkers, that was a mistake, but I don't think attacking the Oracles was. He immediately sent them to my base...if he had got there it would've been my drones gone missing

and yeah, I attacked the starport for a moment, until I thought...hang on, go attack his probes....

So I went and killed all his probes.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 04-02-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
    Well, yeah, I know I flew over stalkers, that was a mistake, but I don't think attacking the Oracles was. He immediately sent them to my base...if he had got there it would've been my drones gone missing

and yeah, I attacked the starport for a moment, until I thought...hang on, go attack his probes....

So I went and killed all his probes.
    Pull your drones, hide them in your nat with both queens. Shred his probes, and rely on your multitasking being better than his (it will be, he's playing protoss.) A spore in your main instead of one of the spines at your nat would also probably have been a good idea. Oracles are good, yes, but oracles set to a-move aren't, they're also *REALLY* flimsy. You had the advantage (you were already on the attack) - double tap hotkey to bounce back to main, select all, move to nat, double tap muta hotkey to move back, attack away. Use freshly morphing mutas to burn down oracles (one muta would do it safely, oracles can't shoot up). For bonus points, hotkey the drones + queen when you move them down so you can hit one key to move just those drones back to your main.

#20   Report Post  
    Old 04-02-2013, 05:51 PM

why bother about all that when I can just shoot the oracles? it only takes 2 seconds