Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 AM

Default 5.2 release and Thursdays raid

So it looks like 5.2 will be released this week. After our discussion last night I hope you are all happy with what I have suggested. If you have any issues or suggestions please just drop me a /w in game or a PM on here.

I will be on about 8.30 Thursday. As I suggested we will go into 5.2 and clear some trash for the rep. I will move the start time for Thursdays raid to cover my lateness. However, if you have enough people feel free to clear a handful of bosses in MSV between 7.30 and 8.30. I will try and get online earlier but I have a family thing on.

I don't know if I will make raid on Tuesday but there is plenty left to do. You can either clear Elegon and Will or have a stab at Garalon, depending on the team you can pull together.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 03-04-2013, 04:19 PM

All sounded good to me Aph.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 03-05-2013, 10:01 AM

Hey guys,

This is more of a question, as I couldn't find any more information about it other than:

[url]http://blues.wowraider.net/blue/us2/7811651378/New-Rep-Faction-in-5.2-earned-from-Raiding%3F[/url]

It looks for this that you only get rep from boss kills and not trash, but it might have changed - I just can't find any more information.

No harm having a look I guess, as you'll know after the first mob dies if it does!
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 03-05-2013, 10:03 AM

Just found this:

You can hit friendly from trash, so you can unlock Neck, Bracers and a Ring on the first day. I believe going into 5.2 with 3000 VP will be optimal, as you can buy neck/bracers/ring for 3750 (getting 1000 VP after buying your first item) leaving you with 3 new items and 250 VP on the first day. Then you have 3 entire resets to hit honored before wasting any VP, and even then you're only going to be losing 250 VP.

3000 VP
    -Patch Day
    --Buy Neck for 1250 (1750/3000)
    --Cap VP (2750/3000)
    --Grind trash mobs to friendly
    --Buy Bracers+Ring for 2500 (250/3000)
    --Clear raid (13 bosses worth of rep)

-Next week, clear raid (26 bosses worth of rep)
    -Cap VP (1250)

-Clear Raid (39 bosses worth of rep)
    -Cap VP (2250)

-Clear Raid (52 bosses worth of rep)
    -If you do not hit Honored after killing 52 bosses, you will waste VP.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 03-05-2013, 10:05 AM

Yep Ayumis, that is what I was referring to. We want to get friendly on the first raid by killing the trash to unlock the first few items.

Btw, re our conversation last night. Can you drop me a PM as to what CS decide to do tonight, I thought I had you on Real ID, apparently I don't!
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 AM

Reminder that I will be a little late tonight. I haven't had chance to change the start time on the raid but I will make sure I let one of you know when I will be online.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 03-07-2013, 10:34 AM

FYI, CS are leaving the server on Friday. Mental, if you ask me, but hey ho...

To get Friendly, you need to clear a chunk of trash AND kill a boss to tip you over from neutral. The good news is that first boss is really really easy. The second is a bit more of a challenge; but we still killed him on our second pull last night. The trash in between the bosses is pretty tough, though. Make sure you pull one of the big ghosty things at a time, or they gib your raid.

The third boss encounter is much harder; wiped us for an hour last night, and that's really because its a solid DPS check.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 03-07-2013, 10:45 AM

Thanks Darieth.

I have been chatting to Ayumis and Minata so knew that they were definitely leaving now. When I spoke to them on Tuesday they were thinking of collaborating so Ayumis was just keeping me up to date.

Depending on what time we start raid tonight we may have a few stabs at the first boss once we kill the trash. I don't think people need much from MSV now and we have hit a brick wall with Garalon so no reason why we can't spend a night in the new place. If we don't make any good progress then we will go back to normal raiding Sunday/Tuesday.

Are there any requirements to get into the new raid (pre-quests etc) I haven't had time to log on in a few days and haven't spoken to anyone about it!
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 03-07-2013, 10:48 AM

Nothing, apart from finding the entrance. You get a quest to go and find Taran Zhu, he's in a little cave. The raid entrance is through a portal at the end of the tunnel behind him.

The first boss is certainly easier than Garalon, although all of HoF should be much easier now anyway.

You can all buy 522 necks at Neutral for VPs, btw. The vendor is with Taran Zhu.