Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Starcraft II

#21   Report Post  
    Old 03-14-2013, 02:24 AM

Well, all over SC2 is 'global play now live' ...So I thought i'd check it, check out some US server action, play my qualifiers and all that...

So, I clicked 'region' and logged on to the US servers...Launcher closed game and refired it up...fair enough I thought...then when it got to the log in screen, it shuts down and reloads the launcher...er fair enough I thought...try again...same thing....try again...same thing...

Now I can't even go back to Europe, because the region button is on the log in page and Starcraft resets itself before that point..

So now I can't play.

I'm on the forums and there are hundreds of people complaining about the same thing....switch to US servers and your game will continually reboot and not let you change back to EU..

anyone in EU who tries out the 'global play' option is locked out of entire game...no option to revert

Blizzards solution on the battlenet forums....reinstall their game.

Don't buy it JR...there's little in it that would interest you I feel....go watch a youtube play thru.
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 03-14-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    You know, PC Gamer gave a reason why they didn't have a review for Tomb Raider almost a week before its official release. That two days after release, there is no review anywhere for HOTS does worry me.
    Magazines: It'll be front page, issue cover - they won't put it online before release. They're not going to give away the major selling point for that month for free :P

Online sites: Either a) they dont GIAF about SC2 or b) they're still too busy playing to review it

Followz me on ze twitterz - @ctrlphr34k
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 03-14-2013, 01:00 PM

lol...see there ya go JR, I'm sure he thinks he's cleared that one up for ya.

I got a third partysoftware, Simon's Relocalizer, didn't work...so I followed BLizzards advice for those people who decided to try Global Play

I downloaded 15gigs of data, and reinstalled it...

Last edited by Stopngo; 03-14-2013 at 01:02 PM.
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 03-16-2013, 01:52 AM

Fuck me gently, Terran got some cool anti-zerg toys

HellBat!

going lings against them seems not to be an option, and roaches never was...what to do?
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 03-16-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stopngo View Post
    Fuck me gently, Terran got some cool anti-zerg toys

HellBat!

going lings against them seems not to be an option, and roaches never was...what to do?
    Fast spire after roaches, switch to mutas as you move out with early roaches, keep terran off-balance til late game with rapid tech switches, bl + infestors + fungal + win.

#26   Report Post  
    Old 03-16-2013, 10:53 PM

Q...Why did Plizzard give the medicvac a speed boost?

A...So they can get there before the opponent GG's out.
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 03-17-2013, 04:42 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ctrlphr34k View Post
    Fast spire after roaches, switch to mutas as you move out with early roaches, keep terran off-balance til late game with rapid tech switches, bl + infestors + fungal + win.
    eh? fast spire after early roaches? Where does the gas come from? Both lose against free marines and seige ready tanks.

In the current HoTS MLG going on...The foreigners got dumped out early, only the Koreans left. Of the remaining zerg, only Startale Life, arguably one of the best player in the world, and inarguably the best Zerg in the world... was the only Zerg in tournament, to win 2 games against Terran in a best of 5.

It's reaper harrass, Muta V Muta, and Air toss all over again...seems like the days of old.
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 03-17-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
    eh? fast spire after early roaches? Where does the gas come from? Both lose against free marines and seige ready tanks.

In the current HoTS MLG going on...The foreigners got dumped out early, only the Koreans left. Of the remaining zerg, only Startale Life, arguably one of the best player in the world, and inarguably the best Zerg in the world... was the only Zerg in tournament, to win 2 games against Terran in a best of 5.

It's reaper harrass, Muta V Muta, and Air toss all over again...seems like the days of old.
    To be fair though, there were arguably only 4-5 top Zergs in the tournament (Life, Leenock, Sen, Stephano and Ret), and only 2 of them Korean. Considering how many top Korean Terran there are at MLG, I think it's a bit early to draw conclusion based solely on MLG. I mean, Ret got knocked out by Flash, probably the best broodwar player of all time, Leenock got knocked out by INnoVation, one of the top Terrans right now and Sen got knocked out by a protoss. Stephano lost in the first round but I didn't see this game and i know hes not at his best when he has to prepare for an opponent in advance.

So basically, although I'm not saying that Terran is not overpowered, I think it's a bit early to say so just a couple of weeks into HotS

Join the PCG StarCraft 2 Clan!

...It´s OK

Last edited by The Shoe; 03-18-2013 at 01:17 AM.
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 03-17-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:

The gas comes from the fact that you quad gas early, delay your 3rd and poke with roaches to keep him a) building anti-roach units and b) at home. You should know me well enough by now to know that all my builds are super-gas-heavy and rely on early gasses on the natural. Hell, I go fast templar/zealot on one base vs terrans XD

Of course, you're still boned against <3 oracles <3 but then, so is everyone

#30   Report Post  
    Old 03-18-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:

Life won the tournament?
    Also, you don't need roaches to hold them off. Treat them as hellions, spines and queens to defend, with minimal lings. If he goes for a ton of them then you get roaches into muta, because he won't be able to produce enough tanks to pressure you for ages, and he won't have the production and the right tech to make marines.