Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 PM

Default Episode 4 - The Drama Llama strikes back!

So tonight the drama llama hit the team with full fury.

In a few short hours we lost Slim, Panda and Archaz, which puts the team in a very delicate position.

I'm not going in to who did what and why simply because it is not important. What is important is what we are going to do now.

I have decided that for now we will be running a minimal raid schedule to give people time to calm down, consider whether they are actually leaving and give us chance to recruit or if needed find new guilds or raid teams.

We will raid Tuesdays 7.30pm - 10.30pm. We will invite alts from Win and Epic is they are interested and we will clear as much content as we can in the one night.

You may ask why I have not given up raiding altogether and the answer is that it isn't fair on you. My job is now to help you as much as I can, whether it is rebuilding or helping you find new homes. Stopping raiding would be a huge hinderence to that. I am hoping over the coming weeks people may come to their senses and we will once again have a team, but we are going to take each week one at a time.

No-one needs to be taking the blame for anything. These things happen all of the time in many guilds and as you all know things have been bubbling under the surface for a while in Awesome. Hopefully this clears the air and we can start fresh.

If anyone wants to have a chat to me in game I am normally around, if not give Sark and nudge and he will let you know when I am around, or just shout at me and tell me to get online.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 PM

Ok. All I am going to say
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
    No-one needs to be taking the blame for anything. These things happen all of the time in many guilds and as you all know things have been bubbling under the surface for a while in Awesome. Hopefully this clears the air and we can start fresh.
    this was always a problem with awesome, someone always had to be blamed for every thing, it's actually why I always joked on saying blame Zal, I don't know what has went on the last few weeks, but something was waiting to happen, progression this expansion was really slow considering what we should of been capable of and it was mainly down to silly mistakes so it was always only a matter of time before things kicked off, this is part of why I walked away when I did as things just seemed to be getting very stressed and quite a few people would only ever focus on trivial things instead of what was actually stopping the progression.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2013, 07:41 AM

Sorry to hear you guys are having problems. I'm sure it will all turn out well in the end.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2013, 07:56 AM

I have to say I completely disagree Bel. We did get off to a very bad start this expansion with the stone guards, they did take a lot longer to die than necessary. Once they were dead we progressed quite well up to Garalon, who is one of the hardest bosses. Our biggest hold back is people coming and going which has meant we have not had a stable team which is almost critical for progression.

I'm not saying that we could make less stupid mistakes or that we couldn't be better players but we are a SOCIAL guild who happens to try to do some raiding and I happen to think that we have been doing quite well.

The only thing that has caused the break down of the team is the lack of stability, no one is to blame, people come and people go, it happens. It's just that it has happened so much that people are frustrated and stressed which means that the little things seem so much bigger than they really are and arguements start.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 AM

you say progress has been ok, but how many times did we get stuck on a simple boss because of silly mistakes? once something has been killed a few times people should know what they are doing, I'm not saying there should be no wipes but a lot of time got wasted again and again due to certain people failing on the exact same things, it wasn't helped by people coming and going but some of the people who didn't come and go were actually the worst offenders for causing silly wipes.

it's not about being great players it's about something that is simple to start with and should only get easier after you have done it a few times causing problems and some times making things even harder.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2013, 09:13 AM

We all make stupid mistakes, there hasn't been a single member of the team who has not held to team back one raid or another for silly mistakes. I understand it is frustrating, especially on bosses we have killed weeks before. This is completely beyond anyones control though.

I would say that the problem we had was we had no options. Take for example Archaz. He was having a really rubbish time and his mind wasn't on the raid, causing wipes. He would beg me to replace him and I couldn't, we simply did not have the man power. So he had to stay in the raid, making silly mistakes and there was nothing we could do. It wasn't his fault, and it wasn't anyone elses, we just couldn't prevent it. Archaz is not the only one either, just an example.

I cannot think of a single time this expansion where we have had the luxury of being able to swap people in and out when they have a bad night. We have had odd raids where we have had spare people but it is very rare. It all goes back to not having a stable team and the numbers to cope with the issues we have faced.