Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 10:44 PM

Default Supreme Commander Let's Play

Hello PC gaming folk.

I'm just dropping by to say that I've started a Let's Play of Supreme Commander in the Something Awful forums (birthplace of all things let's play). If you like the game (or love, like I do), feel free to drop by. If you're curious of what the fuzz is all about with the RTS hardcore, or if you tried it before but felt overwhelmed, drop by as well. I'm making it taking as much care as possible to explain the game properly and not overwhelm anyone.

Or don't. I'm not forcing anyone. Just pointing out because I know there are Supreme Commander purists still lurking here who perhaps would like to join in and comment the game (if you already have an SA account).

Oh, and while doing research for the let's play I stumbled upon Forged Alliance Forever. I thought the community had died with the death of GPG.net and was elated to discover it wasn't the case. It is a lobby to play Supreme Commander online just like GPG.net did, but much more dedicated to the game and with lots of resources, not to mention it is still updating the game to this day.

[URL="http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3524389"]Supreme Commander Let's Play[/URL]

[URL="http://www.faforever.com/"]Forged Alliance Forever[/URL]
    Even Death may die
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 10:57 PM

That was pretty cool, glad you took this route instead of youtube.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 11:01 PM

Oh god... Don't do this to me. I finally got over my SA LP habit, and I can't afford to be getting a SA account now... XD

Have a cookie for doing LP's teh old fashioned way tho

Followz me on ze twitterz - @ctrlphr34k
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ctrlphr34k View Post
    Oh god... Don't do this to me. I finally got over my SA LP habit, and I can't afford to be getting a SA account now... XD

Have a cookie for doing LP's teh old fashioned way tho
    Yeah, I have a full window of tabs of from the Let's Play archives. (Jazz Jackrabbit 2! Might and Magic I-III! Sacrifice! Giants Citizen Kabuto! Godamn how can ANYONE pass up on some of those?)

As for the LP format, it just seemed the sensible way to do a game like Supreme Commander. Staying 90% of the time in strategic zoom would be boring for anyone watching and I was already feeling bored with the Total Annihilation video LP even though I love TA and the LPer was actually going through the missions quite fast.
    Even Death may die