Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#21   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 04:36 PM

Definitely World of Warcraft.
    Such an amazing experience that I ultimately feel privileged to be a part of such a phenomenon. Oh god that sounds so nerdy and gay. Meh.
    Approximately 1600 hours played on my Druid (my only significant character).
    I got 2 of my best friends into the game when I was at around level 10; just a baby in Azeroth, and we all knew nothing about the game, so we got addicted together, explored together and tought each other stuff we learned about the game as we went.
    I feel my experience in WoW was the epitomy of gaming for me.
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 04:44 PM

The Ultimate Doom: Thy Flesh Consumed.

Played it so much I boasted I could do the first level blindfolded. Nearly did when I tried as well (granted it was on "I'm to young to die").
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 05:14 PM

I thought about this for a while, and I've come to the conclusion that no game fits into this category for me.

For me re-playing a game that I really enjoyed in the past is like listening to a piece of music I love. There's not a single great game that I've experienced that I couldn't replay again and enjoy, no matter how many well I know it.
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sir.Talbot View Post
    Hidden and Dangerous 1

Rain falling, train choo chooing, German sentries patrolling bridge, epic classic music kicks in... most unforgettable atmosphere. Rest of the game followed suit, bugs and all.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgo7Qb4H98E[/url]
    I used to play that on Dreamcast
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 05:16 PM

Kane and lunch: dog days . Effin love that game; despite it being shit.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 05:34 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spatula View Post
    Kane and lunch: dog days . Effin love that game; despite it being shit.
    K&L2 was a good game. Shame it was buggy.
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 PM

Dead Space 2, League of Legends (at times) Metro 2033
    CiT 600w PSU
    Generic CD/DVD drive
    Intel i3 2100 @ stock clock
    Xiagmatek Asgard case.
    Seagate 750gb HDD
    H61 mobo
    Dell stock keyboard (utterly shit)
    And a mouse.
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM

Garry's Mod.I've put 660 hours into the game into rp and various things. A blast when your on a good server. I've never really gotten into other games though. I ussually get bored of them as I'm only now coming to PC. Before that when a game was done it was done D: But some notable games include...

- Oblivion ( My first RPG aside from a few others that weren't as mind blowing as this was to me )

- Champions of Norrath ( I really loved it and i'm not sure why but the looting was great as it was the very first for me that I can remember )

- Terraria ( This game was great fun to play with a friend and explore and mine everything. I hope to carry this over to Starbound )

- GtaIV ( It's just fun with ragdolls. San Andreas offers more but the physics are a must for me )

- LittleBigPlanet 2 ( You can build anything without much knowledge. I loved building crazy multi-use jets and vehicles. It's limited while you can only build in 3 different planes but it's MUCH MUCH more stable than gmod when building. )
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM

I can't think of many recent examples. I suppose L4D was when my real love affair with multiplayer gaming kicked in. But doom2 i played a hell of a lot as i could remember pretty much all the maps, secrets and poured over the strategy guide as well. quite tempted to play through some of the mods that are out there. I certainly watch UV-MAX runs on youtube a lot.

Recent games was probably skyrim. Won't play it again though. The current sink hole online is probably planetside 2 even if its incredably reptitive at times i still enjoy working with comrades and zerging. It makes me feel like every competitive battle i'm always on the winning side, even if we're NC. Amazingly its the only competitive game where my K/D is actually 2.5 never seen it that high in my life. Most cases i barely break even. Although its probably because i'm playing as NC and somehow the extra damage and recoil weapons all work in my favour.
      #30   Report Post  
    Old 01-29-2013, 04:12 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M_Mitchell View Post
    Garry's Mod.I've put 660 hours into the game into rp and various things. A blast when your on a good server. I've never really gotten into other games though. I ussually get bored of them as I'm only now coming to PC. Before that when a game was done it was done D: But some notable games include...
    I wish I knew more about that mod but all I've seen of it was a movie based on it called War of the Servers. Like Minecraft I always figured it was one of those gems that I lacked the creativity to truly enjoy.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppUl_CBuyz8[/url]
    Quote:
    - Oblivion ( My first RPG aside from a few others that weren't as mind blowing as this was to me )
    Oblivion was the first truly mind blowing RPG I ever played. I'd played Fable and KotOR and other classics before but Oblivion was just so open and felt like a living breathing world, where the NPC's lived out their own daily routines. I'd played Morrowind before but the combat and interface were so awful and the environment so monotonous it didn't stand out for me so much as Oblivion.
    Quote:
    - Champions of Norrath ( I really loved it and i'm not sure why but the looting was great as it was the very first for me that I can remember )
    For me it was Diablo 1, on the PS1. The co-op mode was brilliant and that carried over into similar games like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 and 2 and Champions of Norrath 1 and 2. I was always more a Dark Alliance man than a Champions though.