Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#21   Report Post  
    Old 02-01-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    is that on netflix?
    Dunno, the UK's Netflix has a different library from the one in the USA, and the UK library was pretty paltry last time I checked, though I know there's a huge selection in the US! I had to source the DVD from a random Thai seller on Ebay though as it wasn't on Amazon or anywhere else, so it doesn't seem to be widely available, but maybe it's easier to come by state side.
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 02-01-2013, 07:44 PM

None. Absolutely none.

Purged myself from watching TV/Movies about 4-5 years ago because I think it could be time spent better doing more creative/educational things.

I like to think of it like this: if I'm lying on my deathbed and recalling my life history - would I like to think that I spent the time watching some really great TV/Movies?

Or did I go out and find out about stuff that I was really interested in?
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 02-02-2013, 02:58 AM

Finished watching 500 Days of Summer

It's technically a "romcom", but by god it's well done. If you've ever been left shattered by a bird it might be a wee bit close to the bone though. Highly recommend:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsD0NpFSADM[/url]

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OliverReed View Post
    None. Absolutely none.

Purged myself from watching TV/Movies about 4-5 years ago because I think it could be time spent better doing more creative/educational things.

I like to think of it like this: if I'm lying on my deathbed and recalling my life history - would I like to think that I spent the time watching some really great TV/Movies?

Or did I go out and find out about stuff that I was really interested in?
    Not sure Oliver Reed would approve!
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 02-02-2013, 03:30 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OliverReed View Post
    Time could be spent better doing more creative/educational things.
    so you're denying yourself the most widely consumed creative art on the planet?

Holy Cow - Warren Spector
    Life is too fucking short to hear or play Freebird - Isaac Brock
    I hope I see you later, where everybody's okay - Randy Brewer
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 02-02-2013, 02:06 PM

I'm not really watching anything at the moment. I watch a few episodes of King of Queens on Youtube every now and then and I'm thinking of watching the whole of Trailerpark Boys again because it never stops being hilarious.

Has Walking Dead started back up yet? I suppose I could pick up where I left off. I keep losing interest in it though. Season 1 I was glued to it, every episode was amazing. It had the perfect balance of everything; action, survival, drama. Season 2 was just terrible. About 3 episodes in it turned in to Eastenders but with zombies. It was focused on nothing but drama. Everybody had problems with everybody else and it stopped being about survival.

Imagine playing Resident Evil 2 when it first came out... you're loving it, killing zombies, solving puzzles, watching the story unfold... then there's a 2-hour unskippable cutscene where Leon bumps in to an ex and they spend the whole cutscene talking about their feelings for each other and where the relationship went wrong. Fuck that.
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 02-02-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
    Has Walking Dead started back up yet?
    think it's the 14th on Fox in the UK, if you download it's the 10th in yank land.
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 02-02-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    think it's the 14th on Fox in the UK, if you download it's the 10th in yank land.
    Waiting for it to come on the TV / downloading it is for wimps. Real men go to yahoo.com and type "watch walking dead online streamed" and click through 100 websites until they find one that genuinly hosts it.

Yeah so I may get the odd virus but that's the price you pay for being a REAL MAN!
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 02-02-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    Waiting for it to come on the TV / downloading it is for wimps. Real men go to yahoo.com and type "watch walking dead online streamed" and click through 100 websites until they find one that genuinly hosts it.

Yeah so I may get the odd virus but that's the price you pay for being a REAL MAN!
    depending on your net speed the cove of privateers has most American shows easily obtainable in both low and high def, also with no viruses (unless your stupid)
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 02-03-2013, 01:36 AM

I'm waiting for the new Spartacus season to air in the UK.

Waiting for the finale of Breaking Bad.

Looking forward to finish watching the walking dead also.

I recently finished watching season 2 of Boardwalk Empire which is amazing.

Considering downloading the sopranos since that was created by some of the people involved in Boardwalk Empire or so I read somewhere..

Anyone recommend any other Series?
      #30   Report Post  
    Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 AM

There's only like 2 shows i actually watch when they come on tv, Walking Dead and It's Always Sunny. I would watch Game of Thrones but i don't have HBO, so i have to wait for it.

most times i wait till a show has finished a season or the whole series and then i'll watch it. i hate waiting for new episodes to come out.

@Dayve. Have you seen the other show that the trailer park boys are in? it's called The Happy On Drugs Show or something like that. it's not bad, kinda funny. it's only about 6 episodes long.

Looking 4 Indie bundles? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker