Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#11   Report Post  
    Old 01-27-2013, 02:11 PM

I've been working my way through Full Metal Alchemist on Netflix. It's been a long while since I've invested any energy in an anime series and I've forgotten how melodramatic they can be. Full Metal seems alright for the most part though, got some good potential for character growth.

#12   Report Post  
    Old 01-27-2013, 04:01 PM

I'd just like to say that Deadwood is the best TV series ever made.

This is a [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVV1tVkCBFs"]regular scene[/URL] of the show.

They don't write scripts like that anymore!
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 01-28-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Watching a lot of Breaking Bad.

Also classic films that I have missed. The last two were Silence of then Lambs and Trainspotting.
    Just started watching Breaking Bad a little over a month ago, and it's one of the best shows on tv. can't wait till the remainder of season 5 starts.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DuddBudda View Post
    Rewatching the Wire with a friend - remains the most impressive creation I've seen on TV or in a cinema.
    I stopped watching The Wire after season 3. the first episode of season 4 just bored me to death and i lost interest. kinda dumb on my part, maybe i should've kept watching.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chezzer123 View Post
    Just went to go see Gangster Squad. Its a really good movie, would recommend it if you like films similar like Goodfellas or godfather.
    this movie looks great, but could they have picked a worse name?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    anyone seen django yet and is it any good? looks interesting.
    IMO...this is the worst Tarantino movie he's made so far. i don't have anything against rap music, but it just doesn't belong in Western's. period...luckily leonardo dicaprio and samuel l jackson saved the movie from being terrible. hate to say this cause i'm a big Tarantino fan but i just wasn't impressed by this movie.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by popov89 View Post
    I've been working my way through Full Metal Alchemist on Netflix. It's been a long while since I've invested any energy in an anime series and I've forgotten how melodramatic they can be. Full Metal seems alright for the most part though, got some good potential for character growth.
    I just started to watch this series, i love the premise and haven't seen any anime that i enjoyed since Gantz. only a few episodes into it but so far, so good.

Looking 4 Indie bundles? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 01-29-2013, 01:25 PM

I watched God Bless America last night on netflix. it was directed by Bobcat Goldthwait(from Police Academy) and was pretty good. I definitely liked the message that the movie was trying to make. If you hate things like American Idol, My Sweet 16, or any reality tv really, then you should check it out.
    [URL="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1912398/"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1912398/[/URL]

#15   Report Post  
    Old 01-29-2013, 04:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Megazell Send a message via MSN to Megazell Send a message via Skype™ to Megazell

^ Like that movie too. Saw it at the NYU Film Festival.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2013, 04:07 PM

Just watched 2 of the best time travel movies i've ever seen. Primer and Timecrimes. Primer is def a thinking man's movie, the end of the movie is a bit confusing but i've seen worse. it's a very low budget movie but it has the most amazing story. it's a must see for sure.

and my favorite of the 2 was Timecrimes. it's a foreign movie with subtitles, which i don't mind at all but you might, and has a really interesting premise. All through the movie i felt like i 'knew' what was gonna happen but i really didn't in fact. one of the best movies i've seen in a while. do yourself a favor and watch at least one of these movies if not both. you'll be glad you did.

#17   Report Post  
    Old 01-31-2013, 04:20 PM

Nobody watches movies or shows anymore?

Last night i caught a movie that i've been wanting to watch for a while. It was The Stranger on TCM [love that channel - i'm really into old movies]. It starred Edward G. Robinson and Orson Welles, who also directed it. it wasn't as good as i hoped it would be. but it wasn't bad either.

It's about a ex-Nazi that is living in Connecticut under a false identity and an agent trying to catch him.

#18   Report Post  
    Old 01-31-2013, 04:33 PM

Re-watched Snatch last night, one of my all time favourites.
    Ocz zt 650w /Samsung 840 250gb
    Western digital 1TB / Dell U2713H 2560x1440
    Filco majestouch 2/ Deathadder
    Onkyo HT-S9405 /
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 02-01-2013, 12:50 PM

I watched The Day I became a Woman for the second time the other day. It's an Iranian film by a lady director, about being a women in Iran. Although the film deals with a serious subject matter it's handled with humour and charm, though truth-be-told it wasn't quite as endearing as I remembered. What most appeals to me about the film though is simply seeing the country through the eyes of its' inhabitants, as it feels like a very unguarded window into Iranian life.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 02-01-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Burglar View Post
    I watched The Day I became a Woman for the second time the other day. It's an Iranian film by a lady director, about being a women in Iran. Although the film deals with a serious subject matter it's handled with humour and charm, though truth-be-told it wasn't quite as endearing as I remembered. What most appeals to me about the film though is simply seeing the country through the eyes of its' inhabitants, as it feels like a very unguarded window into Iranian life.
    is that on netflix?

watched a few more Bill Burr stand-ups last nite. never really heard of him before till i just by chance watched one of his shows, but i'm so glad i did. he is fucking hilarious. he has a rather dark sense of humor which i like. if you've never watched him, you really should. it i had to compare him to someone, i guess maybe Louis CK.

Also found some old movies i had on my laptop i had forgotten about. one of them is Perfume: The Story of a Murderer. one of my favorite movies.probably will watch it tonight. i just wish i could track down a copy of the book. never read that one.

Last edited by doctor_roxo; 02-01-2013 at 04:42 PM.