Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

Closed Thread

#11   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 PM
    Banned

Who on Earth is Ghostcrawler though? I haven't seen him around here before.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    Who on Earth is Ghostcrawler though? I haven't seen him around here before.
    he's one of the lead designers for WoW, he's took it on him self to make a twitter account to answer all the idiots who thought they were being ignored so due to the short message form the same group of idiots miss quote him and leave things out to make it look like something has been said that hasn't.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 11:03 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    he's one of the lead designers for WoW, he's took it on him self to make a twitter account to answer all the idiots who thought they were being ignored so due to the short message form the same group of idiots miss quote him and leave things out to make it look like something has been said that hasn't.
    Ahh, thanks. I think a lot of hate directed at World of Warcraft is pretty misdirected, probably because it's so popular and makes it a good target for those that want something to hate. That, and because it's been around for so long that it also makes it easy for people to complain about the "good old days". I'm more of a Guild Wars 2 man these days because to my mind it offers better PvP to my mind especially the World Vs World and I prefer the graphics and style more. It's all subjective really though and each to their own. I played some of WoW a few months back, before the release of the latest expansion and I personally liked how streamlined it was. I remember the old quests being irritating because they lacked the diversity they have now and a lot of them involved trekking halfway across the world to an annoying unspecified location, and the PvP seems much improved than it was back then again because of more variety and modes.

Decided that I love CirioPlums solely for this post.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CirioPeeledPlums View Post
    Unfortunately your post is a load of bollocks and crying so back to the naughty step for you.

Last edited by TheXand; 01-25-2013 at 11:07 PM.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 01-26-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
    there is conference call thingy in a couple of weeks so would assume there will be some numbers then, they already did numbers for the launch month/quarter as they said it had went back over 10million.
    I think they'll be artificially boosted whatever they are considering the MoP sales were less than 3 million after a week, that then saw them heavily discounting all their games afterwards.

Quote:
    You only think that because you don't know how twitter works.
    thermal paste, and maybe a pencil.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 01-26-2013, 05:50 PM

haha that Ghostcrawler he's trolling the whole WOW community.. I also find some of the crap he comes out with on class balance is hilarious.

The whole dead realms, low pop servers and faction imbalance is a major issue though I will agree, I have not been effected by it personally. CRZ and LFR was some form of correcting the issue, but clearly failed.

As much as I dislike Blizzard, I don't believe they're doing nothing about it and trying to continuously make a profit from realm transfers as some skeptics believe.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 01-26-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    You know, this is one of those rare occasions where I don't feel strongly one way or the other. Like French sexuality.
    You would be a terrible diplomat.

The most I played of WoW was the character creation of the demo.

When it first came out I really wanted to play but being a child I had to rely on my parents buying em things and there is no way they would of payed the monthly fee. Then when I had money myself I became weary of those kinds of MMOs so never got round to playing it.

So I feel like I missed out on this massive thing
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 PM

Yeah WOW was brilliant when it was first released you missed out big time

It's still the best MMO out there now despite what haters will think.. I still play it though I don't like it as much as I used to, it still has its moments.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 01-26-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boa View Post
    Yeah WOW was brilliant when it was first released you missed out big time

It's still the best MMO out there now despite what haters will think.. I still play it though I don't like it as much as I used to, it still has its moments.
    Then thing is I have lost the ability to repeat repetitive tasks over an over again.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 01-26-2013, 08:48 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    It depends on how much you want World War 3 really.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 01-27-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    The most I played of WoW was the character creation of the demo.

When it first came out I really wanted to play but being a child I had to rely on my parents buying em things and there is no way they would of payed the monthly fee. Then when I had money myself I became weary of those kinds of MMOs so never got round to playing it.

So I feel like I missed out on this massive thing
    There were a lot of downsides to go along with the better aspects when it was new.
    You could also say you missed out if you didn't play another game when it was fresh like EVE.
    thermal paste, and maybe a pencil.
    Closed Thread