Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

    Reply
     
    Thread Tools Display Modes
      #21   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 03:13 PM
    Alm Alm is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Redhill, UK
    Posts: 3,361
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cartoon Head View Post
    Having children is not a human right, especially having one because you think it make's you relationship stronger. You want a kid? Make one naturally.
    Would you tell that to heterosexual couples unable to have children?
    Reply With Quote
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 03:13 PM
    Cartoon Head Cartoon Head is offline
    Banned
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Bridgend, Wales
    Posts: 2,947
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alm View Post
    Would you tell that to heterosexual couples unable to have children?
    Yes, yes I would
    Reply With Quote
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 03:16 PM
    Belimawr Belimawr is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 14,598
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cartoon Head View Post
    Yes, yes I would
    so working by your logic if you can have kids you get to keep it?

    so if a couple has a kid they neglect it, they barely feed it, they miss treat it, they should get to have a child more than a couple who want to give a loving home to a child?
    Reply With Quote
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 03:18 PM
    Cartoon Head Cartoon Head is offline
    Banned
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Bridgend, Wales
    Posts: 2,947
    Default

    I never said that, you said that.
    Reply With Quote
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 03:20 PM
    Parlock Parlock is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Posts: 487
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cartoon Head View Post
    Having children is not a human right, especially having one because you think it make's you relationship stronger. You want a kid? Make one naturally.
    So you're against all adoption?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marvluslf
    Because someone says that there not too sure on gay adoption automatically makes you assume that they think gays are pedophiles makes you no better than people who are against gay marriage or homosexuality in the first place.
    Well that's a strawman argument if I've ever seen one.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marvluslf
    I know 4 gay guys and there nice guys but I don't fully agree with homosexuality. I don't beat my girlfriend, drink or vote for the fucking Nazi party. Its because my ''inferior'' brain tells me a man should be with a woman because that's why we are all here, that's what I seen growing up but nowadays your shunned for saying anything remotely against homosexuality. People are against it, not because they just hate for no reason but because when you look at the basics of life its man+woman, it just pisses me off your the best guy in the world if your all for homosexuality but your an evil person if you say anything against it.
    There's a difference between not agreeing with Homosexuality and being against it. I don't agree with religion, but I still understand and respect the rights of people who are religious.

    The primary difference however, being that homosexuality isn't a choice, whereas religion is. You can't choose to be gay and you can't cure being gay, otherwise so many people wouldn't have had to come out to parents who are deeply against it, or in areas where homosexuality is illegal. It isn't a choice. Religion is.

    Are you against people with brown hair? How about black people? People with Down's Syndrome? They're other things you don't have any control over.

    Also, the whole man+woman thing is totally bollocks. Are you saying that if a man is impotent he is less of a man? How about a woman who has had to have a hysterectomy, or is post-menopause? They can't reproduce, they can't make life, yet we still give them equal rights. You have couples who simply decide against having children, should they have less rights?

    So I totally disagree with you on pretty much everything you said there. I do think that gay rights has become a bit of a bandwagon, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    Reply With Quote
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 03:20 PM
    Belimawr Belimawr is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 14,598
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cartoon Head View Post
    I never said that, you said that.
    it's basically what your implying since you say people should only have kids if they can conceive them.

    so this means one of 2 things all mistreated kids should be left with their parents or basically locked away somewhere as the people who would want to give them a good life don't deserve children as they cant create them.
    Reply With Quote
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 03:25 PM
    JackRabbit JackRabbit is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 3,566
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cartoon Head View Post
    The world is hard enough on kids growing up without the added ridicule of everyone else taking the piss out if it's same sex parents. Really it creates more issues than it solves.
    Quite right. Its far better for the child to be passed around from pillar to post, in and out of care homes, and be ridiculed for the fact that no-one wants them, than to be raised in a caring, nurturing, stable home when they run the risk of being ridiculed for having two dads/mums.
    __________________
    Steam
    discalceaterabbit
    Reply With Quote
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 04:58 PM
    Burglar Burglar is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Essex Massive
    Posts: 1,454
    Default

    I don't think anyone can argue that homosexuals shouldn't have the same rights as heterosexuals. The issue is that they do currently have the same rights in all but name under the civil partnership banner. I would argue that if we're still differentiating between hetero and homosexual relationships in this way in 50 years time then there would be a problem, so we may as well make the change now.

    But I think Alm raises a good point. The question is whether marriage is primarily a religious thing or a legal matter. If it were a religious thing, and I'm sure many contemporary religions would claim ownership of it, then perhaps we should call all weddings that take place outside of the religious sphere a civil partnership. The only issue would be a cultural one, as it would have a different name, but that would disappear in time. And legally everyone would still have the exact same protection, and those of a religious persuasion could go on getting married under the eyes of God, and the only difference would be the name.

    I don't think that religious establishments should be forced to partake in gay marriages however, as wide-spread acceptance of gay relationships hasn't been around for long, and unfortunately it's not uncommon for religion to be behind in these matters. If it's still happening in 50 years time however, then would be the time to become stricter on discrimination.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parlock View Post
    Should the Church be able to turn away people who have already been married once? How about if the dress is made of multiple fabrics? It's cherrypicking and it should be stopped.
    An individual vicar can refuse to marry any couple that he doesn't want to, obliviously not including reasons such as racial discrimination and the like. So yes, you can be refused to be married in a particular church if you're a divorcee.
    Reply With Quote
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 05:36 PM
    jon_hill987 jon_hill987 is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 3,873
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Burglar View Post
    The question is whether marriage is primarily a religious thing or a legal matter.
    The way I see it it is a purely religious thing. As civil partnerships exist and have the same (to my knowledge) legal implications as marriage I see no reason why a homosexual couple would even want to get married by an institution that does not accept them. For example if the Christian Church does not want to marry you and your partner why would you be a Christian? How could you believe in a god that would let his followers do that? Find a new religion (or don't, gods are overrated).
    Reply With Quote
      #30   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 05:56 PM
    OliverReed OliverReed is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Posts: 172
    Default

    Quote:
    In my mind God made Adam and Eve, he didn't make Adam and Steve.
    I'm a Homo-skeptic.
    Alan Partridge.
    __________________
    A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts - Oliver Reed
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump