Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

    Reply
     
    Thread Tools Display Modes
      #11   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 02:45 PM
    Cartoon Head Cartoon Head is offline
    Banned
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Bridgend, Wales
    Posts: 2,947
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parlock View Post


    Why? Are you against single-parent families as well?
    Not against, in an ideal world they wouldn't happen but this is not an ideal world.
    Reply With Quote
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 02:47 PM
    Parlock Parlock is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Posts: 487
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cartoon Head View Post
    Not against, in an ideal world they wouldn't happen but this is not an ideal world.
    So why are you against gay adoption?
    Reply With Quote
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 02:48 PM
    marvluslf marvluslf is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Posts: 648
    Default

    Im a bit iffy about gay adoption myself. I wouldn't doubt the capabilities of a gay couple being good parents but unfortunately being the kid of a gay couple could lead to bullying etc
    Reply With Quote
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 02:49 PM
    Dayve Dayve is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: England
    Posts: 3,378
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parlock View Post
    So why are you against gay adoption?
    Because all gay men are paedophiles, duh. (sarcasm, but it's what Cartoon is getting at).

    Don't tell me it's because they might be bullied at school because everybody is bullied at school. You can get driven to suicide by remorseless bullying at school simply because your mum shops at Aldi or Lidl rather than Sainsbury's. Instead of being against gay adoption because of the fear of bullying perhaps it'd be best to be against parents bringing up their children in an environment of such hatred and bigotry that they find it necessary to bully children with same sex parents.
    __________________
    Slimy lying bastard +1 authority, -1 trustworthiness

    Last edited by Dayve; 01-13-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    Reply With Quote
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 02:50 PM
    Alm Alm is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Redhill, UK
    Posts: 3,361
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    Why? A marriage doesn't have to be a religious affair. Like I said in my OP, religion does not have a monopoly on it. As an Atheist if I ever got married it'd be totally devoid of religion in all its shapes and forms but it'd be just as valid.
    You're right. That shows my ignorance. I think I agree with the government then, legalise gay marriage and don't force the church to undertake it.
    Reply With Quote
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 02:50 PM
    Cartoon Head Cartoon Head is offline
    Banned
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Bridgend, Wales
    Posts: 2,947
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parlock View Post
    So why are you against gay adoption?
    The world is hard enough on kids growing up without the added ridicule of everyone else taking the piss out if it's same sex parents. Really it creates more issues than it solves.
    Reply With Quote
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 02:50 PM
    Parlock Parlock is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Posts: 487
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marvluslf View Post
    Im a bit iffy about gay adoption myself. I wouldn't doubt the capabilities of a gay couple being good parents but unfortunately being the kid of a gay couple could lead to bullying etc
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cartoon Head
    The world is hard enough on kids growing up without the added ridicule of everyone else taking the piss out if it's same sex parents. Really it creates more issues than it solves.
    That's not a problem with the actual adoption though, that's a problem with the bigotry of other people. Appeasing the people who are against it is totally the wrong way to go about it.

    Most children of gay couples I've seen or talked to have said that they consider it bullying in the same way as being bullied for being fat or ginger. They didn't consider their parents "abnormal", and didn't blame their parents for it in the slightest.

    I think I'd much rather have a family and be bullied for it than have no family at all.
    Reply With Quote
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 03:05 PM
    Cartoon Head Cartoon Head is offline
    Banned
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Bridgend, Wales
    Posts: 2,947
    Default

    Having children is not a human right, especially having one because you think it make's you relationship stronger. You want a kid? Make one naturally.
    Reply With Quote
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 03:05 PM
    marvluslf marvluslf is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Posts: 648
    Default

    Because someone says that there not too sure on gay adoption automatically makes you assume that they think gays are pedophiles makes you no better than people who are against gay marriage or homosexuality in the first place.

    I know 4 gay guys and there nice guys but I don't fully agree with homosexuality. I don't beat my girlfriend, drink or vote for the fucking Nazi party. Its because my ''inferior'' brain tells me a man should be with a woman because that's why we are all here, that's what I seen growing up but nowadays your shunned for saying anything remotely against homosexuality. People are against it, not because they just hate for no reason but because when you look at the basics of life its man+woman, it just pisses me off your the best guy in the world if your all for homosexuality but your an evil person if you say anything against it.
    Reply With Quote
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 01-13-2013, 03:13 PM
    Belimawr Belimawr is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 14,603
    Default

    Quote:
    Most children of gay couples I've seen or talked to have said that they consider it bullying in the same way as being bullied for being fat or ginger. They didn't consider their parents "abnormal", and didn't blame their parents for it in the slightest.
    now gingers should only ever be able to adopt they shouldn't be able to breed........

    but to be fair most people now are fairly accepting of people, the majority of people under the age of 40 couldn't care less if it's adam and eve or adam and steve. it's basically no different to years back when people thought there shouldn't be inter racial couples.

    but the fact is no matter what type of couple some one comes from they can still be fucked up. to be fair some straight couples who have kids should have the kids took off them. it's not about the sexual orientation of the parents, it's about people not being able to accept and being afraid that 2 men or 2 women may be able to do a better job at raising kids than what they see as a "normal" family. if the parents can give a kid a loving home and meet all the kids needs does it matter what sex the parents are?
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump