Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer

#401   Report Post  
    Old 02-14-2013, 08:06 PM

Make it half past and you've got a deal!

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #402   Report Post  
    Old 02-15-2013, 06:12 PM

I'm really not feeling well. I'll try get on, but if I'm not about whoevers running he league feel freeto hand the victory to dubbudda and move the league on.

-------
      #403   Report Post  
    Old 02-15-2013, 09:52 PM

Well, my first Scaven V Scaven match in the general leagues. And I was being thrashed. He was playing like a dwarf (i.e, using a cage and moving slowly forwards) whilst having the luck of the Welsh (I mean really, how is that still considered a separate country?)What could possibly save me, the God of Irony thats what.
    Shortly after bragging about being a software engineer, he lost his internet connection.
    Victory Me!
      #404   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 PM

OK. I vote anyone not played their latest game by Wednesday, tough and move the league on.
    We need to come up with a rule on when games need to be played by, and how to judge which player is the one holding things up.
      #405   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2013, 12:36 AM
    Banned

Yeah, sorry for holding you guys up, been busy! I've arranged to play my match with Daniel tomorrow evening though so we can make headway this week.
      #406   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2013, 07:15 AM

hello chaps.

Afraid i was holding things up this time- was feeling like hammered shit on friday, so had to dodge my game with dubb (who i think was ready to play- apologies).

I tried killing the virus with beer saturday and i think i made some head-way.... So i'm available tonight and tomorrow to play- if not i'm happy for you guys to hand dubb the win and i'll just jump straight into the next round.

As for holding the league up (whilst painfully aware that it was myself this time) i'd say give everyone a week to play their matches. If it's one person who drops out (like me), hand the win to the other- otherwise just have it as a draw.

What say you?

-------
      #407   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2013, 07:16 AM

also- part of the issue for me is the length of the games.... can we lower the time per turn to say... 2 mins for the next one? while it'll make life very interesting, it'll also halve the length of the games (most of mine last over an hr and a half)

-------
      #408   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2013, 05:33 PM

In fairness Spats, you clearly spent a week chasing Dub for a fixture in the first place!
    As for the whole 2 minute thing, considering I complete about 95% of my turns within that time anyway (fuckign turnovers!) it doesn't really bother me. Might make things a bit tougher for dwarven teams though.
    Clearly that would be a good thing.
      #409   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2013, 07:38 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spatula View Post
    As for holding the league up (whilst painfully aware that it was myself this time) i'd say give everyone a week to play their matches. If it's one person who drops out (like me), hand the win to the other- otherwise just have it as a draw.

What say you?
    That sounds like an excellent idea.

I seem to have just "won" a game against Daniel because his internet crapped out. It was totally undeserved, because we were some ways into the first half and he was about to score a try while I was floundering and my team was all over the damned place or on the floor and I hadn't scored anything. There's no way that 2-0 "victory" for me is deserved at all. I feel tainted and sullied, robbed of my glorious defeat.

Last edited by TheXand; 02-18-2013 at 07:44 PM.
      #410   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2013, 07:47 PM

For the record it wasn't my internet but my pc crashed :/

What can we learn from this?

That when Dwarfes are in trouble they will send a linesman though the internet pipes to have a go at you PCs innards with a pick axe. Cheating bastards.

Edit: Someone up there really doesn't want me to win this league.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks

Last edited by Daniel; 02-18-2013 at 07:50 PM.