Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer

#351   Report Post  
    Old 02-05-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Burglar View Post
    Sorry, forget to check in this folder! I'm around tonight or tomorrow if you're up for it.
    We seem to keep missing each other and I'm worrying it's gonna hold the league up now :S Are you free say about 7:30-8:00pm uk time on weds? If not, what times/days are you free rest of the week and I'll see when I'm available...

(The number of times I get home from work and see you on steam as being offline for <40 min and then never back on now is getting rediculous )

Followz me on ze twitterz - @ctrlphr34k
      #352   Report Post  
    Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 PM

Sorry! Yes I'll be on around then. I can do the same time tonight?
      #353   Report Post  
    Old 02-05-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Burglar View Post
    Sorry! Yes I'll be on around then. I can do the same time tonight?
    Tomoz would be better for me; got a few things to do tonite if thats ok

#354   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2013, 08:10 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

I've moved it on to[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tuTSi6Sck"] a new day [/URL]coaches!

Up next is
    Ctrlph34k vs Pioneer
    Spatula vs DuddBudda
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=l91Y3sDFiu0#t=14 s"]Jackrabbit[/URL] vs Kwisatz
    Burglar vs Acroman
    Xand vs Daniel

The Undead of ZappsMcJack have returned to their slumber for a week, and My own wood elves are off to build tree houses.
      #355   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spatula View Post
    Ok- i've calmed down from last night (at my own performance and the teams, not my gentile opposition) and i've had time to reflect.

The amazonians suck. :-)

Early game they have a real advantage with the dodge skill. And indeed i performed quite well in my first two games, but i've struggled against any upgraded or special players.

I've wasted chances to gain SP points (easy passing, simple moves etc) and have frankly, been butfucked by the dice.

In hindisght i think i should have gone for a hardier team with a star player who could dodge/sidestep etc, rather than the glass cannons i have now.

I'm slowly getting to grips with the tactics and play styles, however i'm still not positioning my teams well.

that and i hate this game.
    Oddly enough I still quite like the Skaven. I think my error occured right at the start with no re-rolls, and having MY ENTIRE FUCKING TEAM MURDERED BY SYPHALLITIC INBRED DWARFS didn't help. Literally half my lineup is made up of temporarys, so any experience they get doesn't count, and with an almost exclusively basic level one team now starting to go up against level 3's I will never get back in the competition.
    I started a different Skaven Team in one of the general leagues (all this waiting around is torture on Skaven. Shot life span. Especially so with murderous dwarfs around!) and have won two out of three matches! (Only lost because my idiot sister, having completely forgotten my brthday, now wants me to look after her dog, phoned me up in the closing turns of the match. My own fault, should have guessed that she wanted something and not answered)
    Still I can fire up Icewind dale, make a party of Dwarfs, take them out into the wilderness and have them murdered by Kobolds.
    I fucking hate this game.
      #356   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2013, 08:49 PM

That's my problem now too- team full of temps so no skills amassing.

May try a general league too

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #357   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 PM

What is the best way to level up your players? I have only got one orc to level 2.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #358   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 PM

For those that missed the livestream, the brutal match between the mighty dorfs of the Karak Ajak Krushers and the rather smelly nurgle team The Nurgle Burglers is here:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj10NqO8Imo&list=PLtfh3Qm3vne53xmpL609kofV 3SUWH5Dkj"]linky to youtubes[/URL]

If anyone wants me casting their matches, give me a heads up here a day or two before hand and I'll see what I can organise

#359   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ctrlphr34k View Post
    For those that missed the livestream, the brutal match between the mighty dorfs of the Karak Ajak Krushers and the rather smelly nurgle team The Nurgle Burglers is here:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj10NqO8Imo&list=PLtfh3Qm3vne53xmpL609kofV 3SUWH5Dkj"]linky to youtubes[/URL]

If anyone wants me casting their matches, give me a heads up here a day or two before hand and I'll see what I can organise
    Excellent, I have the Nurgle Burglars next so I have a chance to scout him and see how good he is! Mwa ha ha! I am free any weeknight really Burglar so I am sure we can arrange something, look forward to duffing some weird Nurglings up!

Edit: Have watched the match now, and I have a bit of advice for you Ctrlphr34k. Since you are dwarves you should read up on the rules of blocking here ([url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1310006_BB_Art_of_Blocking.pdf[/url]) since it will help you learn how to more effectively punch dudes! Though I have you after the Burglars so I should have waited to tell you that :P

Last edited by Acroman; 02-07-2013 at 10:19 AM.
      #360   Report Post  
    Old 02-07-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    Coach: Discalceate
    Team: I love Flowers
    Steam: discalceaterabbit

Up against sAen! Hope he brings the cheese!
    Hi Jackrabbit I believe I am playing you next!

Chitter Chatter...

Steam I'd: Apple Slayer