Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 AM

Default Raid Report 16/12/12

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Doom
    Healers: Sid and Vodanda
    Melee: Archaz
    Ranged: Bel, Zalid, Noheels, Littlesky and Aph

We headed straight into MSV to look at Will of the Emporer. It took a little longer to kill than I would have liked but we had a few issues with the DPS being a little on the low side and being completely overrun with adds in the final phase. Eventually we came up with the idea of Archaz dealing with the one rage we normally had up as we got into each Titan Gas stage allowing all of the range to deal with the bosses. In the final phase we had everyone CCing the rages and Archaz would take the strength away from the healers leaving us to nuke down the boss. We also decided to save bloodlust for the final stage which helped push the DPS a little harder. Eventaully we killed it.

We had just under an hour to get to HoF and take a look at Zorlock. We didn't look at tactics as it is pretty much the same as LFR, except we gave each player a designated bubble for force and verve so that we didn't exceed the 4 player limit in each bubble. We assigned a healer to each bubble and they concentrated on their group.
    Zorlock seems pretty easy. On our four pulls we wiped at 36%, 19%, 16% and 10% so we are almost there. I think the main thing we need to do is ensure that we have everyone alive in the final phase, with our ress available as at the moment we always seemed to lose someone on one of the three platforms. We also need to make sure that we nuke the boss as hard as possible in the final phase as we want to minimise the number of CC's we get as these seem to be killing the healers and causing us to wipe.

Our 10% wipe was looking really good until we lost two healers after they were killed by CC'd players. So I think a little more DPS and if we can control the CC'd players as much as possible we should easily kill this on Tuesday and work on Tornado boss.

Really nice raid and a lot of help being given to each other. Just what we like to see. See you all on Tuesday.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-17-2012, 11:30 AM

Any tips for the mind-control section? That looks like the phase most likely to screw you over imo.
    Grtz on another kill of will
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 AM

A couple of things (which you may already know); I'm pretty sure he now travels in a fixed order, so you can start with the raid stood on the Force & Verve platform, to maximise the DPS there. F&V is the only boss ability that demands any real raid healing, so its nice to make that phase shorter.

Regarding the Mind Controls; every hit they take has a chance to break the MC, with that chance increasing from 1% (when they're at full health) to 100% (when they hit 50% health). That means that, unless you stupidly apply DoTs to MC'd people, or they stand in an exhale (or an attenuation or f&v), they shouldn't come close to dying. It also means that if everyone hits them quickly, it should break within 3-4 seconds. The best thing to do is for a belf to AoE silence them whilst you're doing that. If you react fast, the MCs should be broken before the boss does anything dangerous.

x
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-17-2012, 12:25 PM

the biggest problem with the mind controls was the priest mass fear, it sent a load of people running.

to be fair tho I think we could of had it easy if everyone was pulling the damage they should be capable of and they stopped dying, either that or if it's a weak DPS that dies they just need to be left down so we can get a healer or stronger DPS back later, as for what I saw we were ahead of the enrage, even with missing people.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-17-2012, 12:28 PM

Thanks for the tips on the mind controls. On the platform we have everyone stack up in one spot so Slim can simply shockwave everyone and we nuke them until they break out. We found that they liked to polymorph and generally attack the healers which meant they couldn't heal, but tbh, it wasn't a huge problem until the final phase.

I don't think there is any particulary difficlut aspect to this fight. As long as your players can dance around attunement and stack in the correct bubbles it really is simply a case of staying alive and maximising DPS.

This fight looks fairly straight forward. I don't see Win having any issues at all.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-17-2012, 04:17 PM

[url]http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jsrc8oqouolawo3o/[/url]

theres logs for the night , and cheers for everyone helping me get my first will kill
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 12-17-2012, 06:51 PM

Will is still a hectic fight.
    I tried changing my talents around to use [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/spell=114003"]Invocation[/URL] instead of [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1463"]Incanter's Ward[/URL], but just could not get back into the flow of using that talent and probably lost its benefit a lot during the fights. I had toyed with trying [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/spell=116011"]Rune of Power[/URL] but never got around to trying it.
    The best thing about Incanter's Ward is that you get a 6% damage increase at all times. So you benefit from it with no down time while casting the other 2 talents. And you can benefit from it's increased damage a lot of the time during the fight. So it's probably the better talent all round and I'll probably stick to it in future.
    Nice work from Archaz on the rages and strengths even if he was killed by the last strength. Luckily I did manage to pick it up with some persuasion before it stunned the healers and other dps and we managed to just kill the bosses. It was close but they went down
    Also nice to see a lot of good cc work going on during the fights.

Zor'lok seems pretty easy and we just need to not have people die on any of the first 3 platforms. Good to know that he has a fixed platform routine. I had read that he could do either of the first 2 platforms. The MC platform is not too bad if ppl are ready to use their stuns/silences as soon as the MC goes off. It may be an idea to try and cc one person, if that may be easier. May be worth trying especially on the MC in the final phase. Also it would be a good idea to all stack behind the tank when Zor'lok casts convert during the final phase so that we imitate the 3rd platform. Should make things a bit easier. Can't see it taking much longer to get this one down tbh.
    One tip. Use all your big cooldowns before the MC platform so that you can't use them while MCd
    The enrage time is very soft. We had over 2 minutes left on each attempt. So just need to stay calm and not die.

Best wipe of the night must go to Sid though. Getting locked out during the pull shows hwo much of a star player he is

Last edited by Zalid; 12-17-2012 at 06:55 PM.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 12-18-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    the biggest problem with the mind controls was the priest mass fear, it sent a load of people running.

to be fair tho I think we could of had it easy if everyone was pulling the damage they should be capable of and they stopped dying, either that or if it's a weak DPS that dies they just need to be left down so we can get a healer or stronger DPS back later, as for what I saw we were ahead of the enrage, even with missing people.
    I keep Psychic Scream on CD for that fight, so that it isn't available.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 12-18-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darieth View Post
    I keep Psychic Scream on CD for that fight, so that it isn't available.
    Need to teach our priest to add it to his rotation