Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Starcraft II

#101   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2011, 12:01 AM

How many Zergs do we have on here? I know of Congo and Jackrabbit, but any others?

A few people have been asking me for help in ZvZ (not necessarily from this forum), but might post a guide here if there are a few zergs interested.

I'm hardly going to post something like this on teamliquid since I would have to write a peer-reviewed treatise or something to be allowed a thread on that site. (Especially from a lowly diamond player)
      #102   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    How many Zergs do we have on here? I know of Congo and Jackrabbit, but any others?

A few people have been asking me for help in ZvZ (not necessarily from this forum), but might post a guide here if there are a few zergs interested.

I'm hardly going to post something like this on teamliquid since I would have to write a peer-reviewed treatise or something to be allowed a thread on that site. (Especially from a lowly diamond player)
    LoL you're lucky.....As a bronze player, I'm not even allowed to read that site, I'm like a leper pariah. The Great Donbar has switched to zerg, Levi I think plays mainly zerg, me and JR and infirm is a good zerg but he's not round much anymore.

Well, JR is a doing a good job of keeping thread alive, but we can't let him do all the work.

Here's a replay between two evenly matched forumites. Bronze v Diamond.

[url=http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=204525][/url]

Was nice playing that game for me....But here's something a little more typical, not so much fun

[url=http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=204527][/url]

So if you're gonna write a guides Swiss, start with how to deal with that...because it happens a lot.
      #103   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2011, 09:48 AM

Here is the greatest game of starcraft ever played. My opponent is The Great Donbar, he'd already won the first of our games, so I was down for the count.

[url=http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=204532][/url]

see what happens
      #104   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2011, 12:00 PM

I play Zerg or Protoss, but tend to play random in my 1v1's and try to wing it if I spawn as terran.
      #105   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2011, 12:03 PM

I honestly haven't been cannon rushed in a while, due to creep most higher level toss know its hard to get into range. You did the right thing by only pulling off a few drones

If it does happen remember a few points:

1) You had lings sitting at your base while the second pylon was building which could have more quickly killed the pylon or the probe; use your judgement on this one (if the pylon is low health/just started focus it otherwise kill the probe)

2) You did the right thing by putting a spine up, however you only need one to stop the advance.

3) If you do get cannon contained, you forced into a one base tech route. This isn't a bad thing, especially since your opponent wasted 60 bajillion minerals on cannons and pylons. Get your lair up and scout with an overseer.

4) From this point you have a few options you could:
    a) Nydus worm his base and kill him with Roaches
    b) Baneling bust his cannons (probably not recommended for this many cannons)
    c) Start a mutalisk harrass

I'd personally go for (a)

Remember after spending that many minerals he is WAY WAY behind, if you mass a force and use something like a nydus to get out, he'll die horribly.

5) When you win, type LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL in chat. It makes you sound like a petulant 13 year old, which will make his pain all the worse.
      #106   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Swiss View Post

4) From this point you have a few options you could:
    a) Nydus worm his base and kill him with Roaches
    b) Baneling bust his cannons (probably not recommended for this many cannons)
    c) Start a mutalisk harrass

I'd personally go for (a)

Remember after spending that many minerals he is WAY WAY behind, if you mass a force and use something like a nydus to get out, he'll die horribly.

Yeah this is what the Great Donbar said.......I was along the right track, I was gonna fill up my overlords and drop him with my ground units.... Nydus worm didn't occur to me.

but at that point in time, he had his pheonix's harrassing me, shooting my Overlords....I should've tried Nydus, but it didn't even cross my mind. It seems so obvious now, but in the game I can't think straight.

cannon cheese
    In my league protoss has 2 strategies, 2 gates building in your main, or cannon cheese...So it's 50/50 really..You say you can't beat a deathball, I've never seen a deathball in bronze league.

Last edited by Congo; 04-21-2011 at 12:18 PM.
      #107   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2011, 12:23 PM

Am I the only protoss that goes for a deathball? I just don't get the point in cheeses anyway, there's no satisfaction in winning.
      #108   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gamer View Post
    Am I the only protoss that goes for a deathball? I just don't get the point in cheeses anyway, there's no satisfaction in winning.
    Every Protoss from like Gold upwards goes deathball. I've been scrambling to find useful strategies to beat it, though only one which seems at least somewhat effective is to drop Roaches all over the place while building a ton of infestors to slow his death push.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Congo View Post
    cannon cheese
    In my league protoss has 2 strategies, 2 gates building in your main, or cannon cheese...So it's 50/50 really..You say you can't beat a deathball, I've never seen a deathball in bronze league.
    Unfortunately it's pretty endemic to play at bronze/silver.

I've only actually been 2 gate proxied once since leaving Gold, not sure if it helps, but I found the replay pretty funny nevertheless:

[url=http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=204564][/url]
      #109   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2011, 01:51 PM

nicely held
      #110   Report Post  
    Old 04-21-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Congo View Post
    LoL you're lucky.....As a bronze player, I'm not even allowed to read that site, I'm like a leper pariah. The Great Donbar has switched to zerg, Levi I think plays mainly zerg, me and JR and infirm is a good zerg but he's not round much anymore.

Well, JR is a doing a good job of keeping thread alive, but we can't let him do all the work.

Here's a replay between two evenly matched forumites. Bronze v Diamond.

[url=http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=204525][/url]

Was nice playing that game for me....But here's something a little more typical, not so much fun

[url=http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=204527][/url]

So if you're gonna write a guides Swiss, start with how to deal with that...because it happens a lot.
    With the protos proxy canon push cheese you could try nydus tunneling out of your base, build up a zerg force and then rush his base. Remember, he thinks you are contained in your base (which you are) and is unlikely to build any canon at his base for defence