Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > US Server

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2012, 06:58 PM

Default Command Block Tutorials

While command Blocks may not be used on the PC gamer server (IDk if this is true since I haven't played in a while and am waiting for the world reset) I thought it might do some good for players that do not know how to use them and would like to.

First off, Command block have to be spawned in (for now). The Item number is 137.

Second off they have a lot of use but can take some time to set up just right.

Now... to the Wiki
    [url]http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Command_Block[/url]

As for my hopes in command blocks... I hope they get some (small) use in the PC gamer server. Nothing huge. Maybe a weather control (to cut down on some lag) and maybe some other small things (PvP maybe). I'm not pushing for this but It may cut down on some smaller plug-ins that need updated every so often.

Ty and have a nice day.
    int count;

for(count=1;count<500;count++
    printf("Your argument is invalid.");
    return 0;
    }
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-14-2012, 10:31 AM

If you get on there's a nice button at spawn you can test.

It's true that builders can't make or edit command blocks for obvious reasons but they can be triggered by builders.

Quote:
    As for my hopes in command blocks... I hope they get some (small) use in the PC gamer server. Nothing huge. Maybe a weather control (to cut down on some lag) and maybe some other small things (PvP maybe). I'm not pushing for this but It may cut down on some smaller plug-ins that need updated every so often.
    Not sure which plugin that will cut down on, command block still needs to trigger the command the plugin provide.

Weather control: Maybe, weather is off at all time on Creative map though
    Time control: If so creative only or /ptime only

The reset will not happen before 1.5 is out, and 1.5 might be a game changer when it comes to plugins and features of the server, we might move away from bukkit thus make our updates faster.

Last edited by SynT; 12-14-2012 at 10:44 AM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-14-2012, 02:45 PM

Thats cool. I didn't know about the button tho.

The only reason I posted the stuff about the server is because I had to find a way to post this and not have it be just another random post.

I don't know to much about the plug-ins but I have been having some fun with making race tracks and PvP Arena's without plug-ins.

I brought up the other Ideas only because. (Tho the weather commands are nice for survival. both for clearing weather or if a Admin/mod wanted to set a tone for the day.)
    int count;

for(count=1;count<500;count++
    printf("Your argument is invalid.");
    return 0;
    }
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-30-2013, 09:30 PM

Yeah command blocks are awesome and are implemented in most vanilla servers that dont run off craft bukkit. You can make programs with them and many fun gamemodes. The possibilities are endless.