Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2012, 06:46 AM

Default Warning on Level 4's

Hi guys. Thought I'd just post a friendly warning to everyone. As you probably know the latest update added Sleeper AI to all mission rats which means they will now switch targets and attack drones.

Unfortunately it seems to have messed up the triggers for missions designed to have different groups in a pocket engage peicemeal. The result is that now all pockets auto-agro which can be very dangerous on missions like Vengeance and Worlds Collide as it can mean a large number of scram/web frigs on you as well as a lot of DPS.

If this happens drops as many drones as you can and send them after the tacklers. If you're lucky the scramming frigs will switch targets letting you warp off.

"There is no such thing as an effective segment of totality" Bruce Lee - The only man with a Chuck Norris Killmail
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2012, 04:59 PM

I had similar aggro problems on a Level 3, The Blockade. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, as it didn't occur to me to try and distract the wave full of jammers that knocked my range down to ~13km from 33, nothing seemed remotely interested in attacking my drones though.

aka Tanal Yathvanar
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2012, 07:33 PM

The AI seems to have gotten an ice pick to the head and tend to only switch to drones once or twice.