Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#21   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alberthammond View Post
    Chips!! you could afford chips!! Bloody middle class! We had to put up with scratching.
    Scratching? I would've given my right arm for scratching! All we could afford was the woodlice that fell into the fryer!

[SIZE="1"](I've already tried and failed to start a Spartacus chain; if this doesn't go Monty Python you're all dead to me.)[/SIZE]
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 04:34 PM

I like the Royals, they make a nice change from those corrupt bunch of bastards that seem to end up in all the elected positions.
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jon_hill987 View Post
    I like the Royals, they make a nice change from those corrupt bunch of bastards that seem to end up in all the elected positions.
    Well the Royals don't need to be corrupt. They already have all the money.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Well the Royals don't need to be corrupt. They already have all the money.
    Which they gained through means that would make any corrupt politician (or general mafia/organized crime family) proud.
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 09:01 PM

And you have to respect that.
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jon_hill987 View Post
    And you have to respect that.
    No I don't, nor does the rest of society. That's why we have laws to stop people doing it. I respect that bunch of parasites and murderers as much as they respect me, or any other pleb. Which is not at all.
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    No I don't, nor does the rest of society. That's why we have laws to stop people doing it. I respect that bunch of parasites and murderers as much as they respect me, or any other pleb. Which is not at all.
    Basically this.
    A little over 2000 years ago, a small group of people raped, murdered and stole everything in sight, and then once they had everything, they turned around and said "You lot can't do that to us"
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
    Which they gained through means that would make any corrupt politician (or general mafia/organized crime family) proud.
    I didn't say it was a good thing.

But just because your ancestors were awful doesn't make you the same. Say if your great grandfather had been a mass murderer that doesn't make you a murderer.

Not saying I agree with the mass unfairness of the situation rather that just because they are royal doesn't mean they are evil. I mean look at what Diana did. She did a lot of work promoting the fighting of aids and and raising awareness of landmine victims. Although the one royal who was actually earning her keep died in a supposedly accidental car crash. But that is a for a different debate entirely.

I am no royalist but I am saying that things are never black and white.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 12-07-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    But just because your ancestors were awful doesn't make you the same. Say if your great grandfather had been a mass murderer that doesn't make you a murderer.
    But if my grandfather made billions from his mass murdering antics - which he then passed on to me to allow me to live a life of unfathomable luxuruy, that would be highly immoral and offensive to those the money was taken from.

Well, their grandfathers DID commit mass murder (under the empire, along with land theft, making money from slavery and so on) and DID pass it on to them and they ARE living that life of obscene luxury with money stolen from others. That's unacceptable and I will not worship them for it like society tells me I should. I will not revere them like Gods, I will not respect them or acknowledge the ridiculous concept of "divine right".

I will not buy in to the transparent acts they put on for the PR camera. William, a rescue pilot? My arse. He rescued one person and it was all heavily scripted to make sure he was never in any danger. It wouldn't susprise me if it wasn't even him on the helicopter but a lookalike. Prince Harry, on the front lines of Afghanistan? My hairy arse he is. He's in a 6-star hotel in the green zone where security is so tight that the SAS are your room service.

Prince Charles doing his bit for the environment and animal cruelty charities? My cheesy bellend he is. He owns 40 cars and travelles everywhere in a helicopter or jet. He's also a proponent of fox hunting, which IS animal cruelty no matter which way you turn it.

Prince Andrew? Yeah, don't even get me started on that fat useless imbecile. Prancing around some of India's poorest neighbourhoods where kids make a living sifting through filth and garbage - in his white military uniform with ceremonial sword and medals galore, expecting the peasants there to bow to him.

William and Kate pregnant? Just another mouth for the taxpayers to feed because while this vampiric, blood sucking family have all the money in the world, they won't spend a penny of it. They still claim every single thing from the taxpayer. The best thing for the entire country really would be for her to miscarry or have a stillborn.
      #30   Report Post  
    Old 12-07-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
    The best thing for the entire country really would be for her to miscarry or have a stillborn.
    And right there, with that one line, you lose whatever moral high ground you have had.

It's one thing to dislike the monarchy, to want them gone, to want the money used on the civil list to be wasted and squandered on pointless administrative empire building instead. It's quite another to effectively wish a miscarriage or a stillborn upon someone.

You utter, complete, and total cunt.