Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-08-2012, 05:37 PM

Unhappy The Walking Dead series 3, why America! why!!!

Iv'e just watched the lastest episode of The Walking Dead series 3, and i can't wait for this show every week. At the end of the episode the narrator lady said that the series will continue in February to cync with the American showing of the series nOooOooo....

It's rellly rustled my jimmies, Why do they do this, it's so annoying ?
    Zowie AM-GS/Filco Maj.2 (mx brown)/Senn.PC360/Corsair SP2500

---------------------------
    Self built PC problems Here
    Can i run game XYZ Here
    How do PSU's work Here
    Whats in your PC Here
    Keep your PC clean Here
    How to build a PC Here & Here
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-08-2012, 06:32 PM

america always takes a mid season break it's why some stations end up weeks or months behind the states as they know people don't want to wait so long between episodes.

so really you have 2 choices keep with how the Americans show episodes (hell some shows have a break every couple of weeks) or you can wait till several months after they came out in america to see them all the way through.

but since FX is changing it's name to Fox (pointless change as everyone already seen it as just being Fox) they are trying to keep more in line with the states on shows as they know a lot of people in the UK download shows because they don't want to wait and this costs them ad revenue. so in one way it is a good thing but on the other side of the coin the entire problem just comes from how the american TV system works. altho a lot of UK shows are starting to have mid season breaks, as it builds hype for the second half and boosts the ratings back up.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-08-2012, 06:40 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

In some ways it's nice, as it gives time to catch up on other series/put new stuff in the unfilled slot.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-08-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAeN View Post
    In some ways it's nice, as it gives time to catch up on other series/put new stuff in the unfilled slot.
    it spreads things out nicely aswell, I'd rather wait 3 months for new episodes than wait 6 months.
    -8GB kingston DDR3 1333MHz HyperXBlu Red
    -Corsair 650w psu
    -Win 7

Void Destroyer - Space Sim meets RTS
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 PM

Thumbs up Cheers

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    america always takes a mid season break it's why some stations end up weeks or months behind the states as they know people don't want to wait so long between episodes.

so really you have 2 choices keep with how the Americans show episodes (hell some shows have a break every couple of weeks) or you can wait till several months after they came out in america to see them all the way through.

but since FX is changing it's name to Fox (pointless change as everyone already seen it as just being Fox) they are trying to keep more in line with the states on shows as they know a lot of people in the UK download shows because they don't want to wait and this costs them ad revenue. so in one way it is a good thing but on the other side of the coin the entire problem just comes from how the american TV system works. altho a lot of UK shows are starting to have mid season breaks, as it builds hype for the second half and boosts the ratings back up.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

They have been advertising the name change, i agree it's pointless. But it was interesting to see some of the Walking Dead cast on the advert, i didn't realise the lead, Rick (Andrew Lincoln) was English. I'm keeping the last episode on my Sky+ so i can watch it again closer to the time. Those damn cliffhangers! every week

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAeN View Post
    Yeah i guess so. Blue Bloods starts on the 13th of December. Then NCIS season 10 starts in January. At least they'll be a distraction, along with the Mentalist & Fringe (unless they take a break too ).

BTW Warehouse 13 seemed to finish abruptly, is that on a winter break as well ?
    Zowie AM-GS/Filco Maj.2 (mx brown)/Senn.PC360/Corsair SP2500

---------------------------
    Self built PC problems Here
    Can i run game XYZ Here
    How do PSU's work Here
    Whats in your PC Here
    Keep your PC clean Here
    How to build a PC Here & Here
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-08-2012, 08:08 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fatcobra View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up.

They have been advertising the name change, i agree it's pointless. But it was interesting to see some of the Walking Dead cast on the advert, i didn't realise the lead, Rick (Andrew Lincoln) was English. I'm keeping the last episode on my Sky+ so i can watch it again closer to the time. Those damn cliffhangers! every week

Yeah i guess so. Blue Bloods starts on the 13th of December. Then NCIS season 10 starts in January. At least they'll be a distraction, along with the Mentalist & Fringe (unless they take a break too ).

BTW Warehouse 13 seemed to finish abruptly, is that on a winter break as well ?
    Fringe seems to be firing straight towards the finale.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 12-08-2012, 09:41 PM

Breaking Bad is also taking a mid-season break, and that finale is such a cliffhanger. Walking Dead's too. At least I can now catch up to Boardwalk Empire.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 12-08-2012, 09:46 PM

break in fringe is from the 21st Dec till 11th Jan in america and the UK is just short of a week behind the states so the UK will see the same break.

warehouse 13 is on a mid season break back in April area in the states.

NCIS probably wont have a break in the UK as on the 11th episode 9 is on in the US so by the time it come son in the UK it will be about 11 or 12 episodes behind the states so should avoid any breaks.

if you check wikipedia you can get the US listings for shows it's one of the few things it is accurate for as I use it to keep my download list up to date.

another example of them doing this with shows is Burn notice the UK is nearly an entire season behind the states, the next season is already on and had it's mid season break and FX still isn't even hinting at it coming on here (this is why I download) but to be honest you believe the amount of shows this actually happens with so the UK can avoid the breaks.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 12-08-2012, 09:58 PM

I its nice of them to release stuff straight after filming has been completed so we get some of it rather then wait yonks for all of it. But that's personal preference. I believe its a strategy to keep ratings up for a channel so that they can fill in months with nothing in it. But also they have a get out clause if its not doing well in the ratings. Pull the plug mid season and prevent wasting more resources in further episodes if its not making enough money.

But yeah, leaving the walking dead mid season like that is pretty depressing.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 12-08-2012, 10:02 PM

How do you guys mange to watch all this TV. I have to get my tv series on disc otherwise I always fall behind the showings on TV.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks