Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > UK Server

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 12:18 PM

Exclamation Christmas Contests and Events

Greetings one and all!

We're far enough into december now (and I've overcome some small technical issues and got more or less back on track) that I'd like to start talking about teh crimbo events we'll be running; to sign up for any of them leave a message below saying as much (please also specify which contests you want to enter, as at least two of them require worldedit/regioning, and I'd like to get as much of that done before the start as possible - include your in game name if you're feeling really nice)

* It looks fairly obvious that Thax's advent calendar is back again

* There will be not one, not two, but a undisclosed number of build contests over the xmas period.

* I also have some rough ideas for a PvP contest that I'm hoping to discuss with our resident evil-trapmaker later on (P.s. Abe - remind me next time we're both on mumble)

Now, the sign at spawn does promise prizes; and indeed there are several.

First and obviously, there's the latest round in my long running build contest. This will start next Friday ( the 14th ). The prize here for first place is as usual the build being displayed at spawn for a varying length of time depending on how organised I am

Next, there is an upcoming art tournament; we've a final few tweaks to the format but basically the idea will be to draw a picture on a theme as pixel art (see our gallery, the anime pictures around jericho and babylon for examples) within a preset frame. Probably using dyes and wool only, although this is subject to change as we work the format out further. This contest will be a one-day event, so there's no need to commit to a large chunk of playtime. Depending on takeup I may run this more than once; the winner will be awarded something in game, although I have yet to decide what. Possibly a solid dirt trophy!

Depending on time I'll also be running a number of snap-build tournaments over the course of the festive season; these will consist of a chest of materials, a theme and tight time constraints - and will be arranged usually the day or two before at most. Keep an eye on the server to see what's happening! Prizes for these will be in game, although they are not decided or confirmed yet.

Finally, there is the Top-secret-and-special project tournament I've been working on; the format is... build something awesome on a theme, as per usual. The areas are... 30x30xA very large number. The contest starts this sunday (9th) but there is no barrier to late entries right up until the final deadline of dec 24th (at some point in the evening to be decided closer to the date). The prize? Well, there will be several. For both first, AND second prize winners!
    First will win something truly unique - our lovely and amazing lady admin Caramelbea will make a (small) model of your MC skin IRL that you can hold - see her crafted stuff [URL="http://www.facebook.com/HambalsAndFriends?filter=2"]here on facebook[/URL] for a rough idea (Disclaimer/antispam apology - yes, she does sell stuff. Yes, she is my wife. No I'm not getting paid ) - In addition, first place will also get a game from my gifting library on steam (warning: I'm a cheapskate - do not expect skyrim/dishonoured/other AAA title)

Second place will also recieve a game from my steam gift library.

Further prizes may/maynot be added at a later date depending on my mood, the steam xmas sales, the moods of the other admins, the standards of the builds, etc, etc, etc.

N.b. to other admins: Any chance at all at least a majority of us are going to be online tonight? Want to get the ok from you guys for a couple of prize ideas and suggestions - and need to fill you in on some of the contest details in case people need help when I'm busy/afk/at work

Followz me on ze twitterz - @ctrlphr34k
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 12:31 PM

Sounds sweet, will watch out for more news :P
    Thank you for running this stuff!
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 04:10 PM

So no room for my cottage in any competition then? Sigh... Oh well... Its a tiny bit bigger than 30x30 so...
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 04:12 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to sliver hunter10

A pvppppp contest the times the times i wish i never gave that up

The temptation of murder is to much xD so im going in
    I hope its tasty
    Stats
    AMD Athlon X4
    4.0GB RAM
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX470 x2

Steam: sliverhunter10
    Xbox: sliverhunter10
    Phone number: you would want that would't you
    Blame the name not the game

Last edited by sliver hunter10; 12-06-2012 at 04:17 PM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 PM

I missed the X-mas comp when I joined the server, so count me in.

Steam: 最高裁オタク様 Webber

Xbox: WebbeR NI

Email(If its important, no spam mail please.): owenawebb@gmail.com
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-09-2012, 10:15 PM

Sorry, been away for a long time. Can I still take part in the 30x30xA very large number build contest?
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 12-09-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BrianUK View Post
    Sorry, been away for a long time. Can I still take part in the 30x30xA very large number build contest?
    You can indeed; there are plenty of build areas still available. Give me or palo a prod when you're next on the server and we'll sort you a build area out

Followz me on ze twitterz - @ctrlphr34k
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 PM

if you need some more prizes for winners ctrl i have a copy of HL2+HL ep1 from the orange box i bought years ago a copy of bit trip runner and frozen synapse
    and 2 copys of the ship gift pack.