Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#21   Report Post  
    Old 12-04-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    This country is far from a shit hole. The majority have access to plenty of food, clean water, shelter,plumbing. Things could be a lot worse.
    We should be okay then. Things can only get better

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    But we need to be acceptive of all the rough as bits Polish people flooding our streets.
    I've already accepted it. I love em to pieces!

I love it when they try to nick me washing machine I'd put in the garden during the summer. I'd only put it out whilst I stupidly tried to fix it and replace the door sensor. I popped out to B&Q and It took them half an hour to nick it and place it in their shed. It took me five minutes to break the fucking lock off their shed and drag the thing back out. it still had my fucking towels in it for fuck sake...

I do love the new neighbours..

I also love being out with my three year old over the local park and getting shouted at (In polish) by some drunken waste of space Polish that just happen to to use taxpayers money to get the said "drunk.."

Yeah, they wont pick up those broken bottles though, no one ever does apart from muggins ere..

I do love community integration..

I like the fact that ALL the the council houses in our town have ALL been given away to eastern european familys who are actually earning fuck loads more than my family can. How you may ask? well it's simple, really.

the mum claims benefits, housing benefits and claims to be a single parent. But, whats this? her boyfriend and father to the two kids lives there and works, but what else? well her fucking father and mother also live there, and work..

Dont worry though. they are all claiming to be on the Dole.. And own a rather nice car as well. and if there is any danger of them being found out the rest of the family fuck off for a few days taking their belongings, where they actually go. I have no idea but I've watched them do it over five times now..

I love it all!

This is not to mention that crime has gone up tenfold in town. I wonder why. I really dont know. Why does my eye hurt when I put my finger in it?

Like I say. A few more years of this and this current bullshit story will be water under the bridge.

Sound like a BNP fanatic? Like I give a shite. I only go on what I actually see with my own eyes and have to live with every day. And every day I see more and more trouble for people that are trying to go about their business and actually put something into this place. Like me. I pay taxes to get some pissd up pratt on a park bench swear at me when I'm with my boy, all the while I'm paying for it?

sorry to rant but when I see that stories like this hold so much "Wow" factor with the general public I think to myself, when are we actually going to deal with real issues and stop pissing about with our heads in the sand.

grrrr

Racist? Not at all. You come here, you work here, you pay here. Simple.

You dont come here, get a free house, use my money to get pissed, be a pain in the arse and call me a cunt whilst your on the tea leaf.

It doesnt work I'm affraid.

So all in all this gun story, to me, is bollocks. Let him have his gun. hell, he may even need it if some tool breaks in...

..it's okay to hate me for my oppinions. And dont worry I do get moaned at every night for them. bless her..

#22   Report Post  
    Old 12-04-2012, 12:58 PM

The powers that be, have always cut members of the following a certain amount of slack when it comes to minor misdemeanors; armed forces, security services, emergency services, police, judiciary, etc, because = deep inhalation of breath and long drum role = they are the glue that holds society together. Without them, we would not have a functioning society and there wouldn't be any powers that be. You only have to look at the teething problems of new democracies to understand that for want of a better word, "the establishment", is a prerequisite for a stable and functioning society.

Some of you don't consider the case in question a misdemeanor, but some of you are living on a different planet to the rest of us. All crimes have to be seen in the context in which they are committed. A new mother suffering from postpartum psychosis kills her baby and attempts suicide. Should she be tried for first degree murder? No of course she shouldn't.

So back to the gun and ammo. Had they been in the hands of a civilian, then yes he / she should suffer from the full force of the law, but they weren't. The context here is important, and if you can't see that, then you have a very bizarre understanding of justice.

So, society treats some special people, (establishment types), in a different way to everyone else when they screw up, if they go off the rails and commit a minor infraction. Is this fair? No, but nobody ever said that life was fair. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't both aspire and strive to make it a fairer society, but we are not living in one yet, and probably never will.

This doesn't mean that society sucks, it just means that society is imperfect. The reason that it's imperfect is that it's man made, and man is imperfect.

Some of you seem to think society is a failure, because we aren't all living in utopia, but you fail to take into account the context. In the context of most of the 200+ nation states on the planet, we already do live in utopia. The secret police aren't going to kick down your door in the dead of night and drag you off to be tortured, raped and killed. You won't starve to death, die from lack of shelter, or from a treatable illness. You won't lose your job, house or life because of your skin colour, religion or sex, and you have the right of free speech and redress to the law. The list goes on and on, and some of you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

We all inherit the world we are born into, and that includes the society that surrounds us. Each generation should work to improve it, and they have been doing that for nearly all of the past 1,000 years. We have been continuously striving to create a better society for all of that time, and whilst we have meandered a lot along the way, the graph is now starting to go ballistic. We need the establishment, because it's the glue that holds it all together. Most serving members of that establishment do a thankless task, in extreme stress for very little pay, but they do it in the hope that they will make the society in which they live and the world at large, a better place.

People, (being people), constantly fuck up in minor little ways, and that includes establishment types, and the law should be flexible enough to take into account the context surrounding each fuck up. If a doctor who has been working silly hours gets pulled for speeding, then he will probably get a bollocking and told to behave in future, whereas you or I get the fine and the endorsement. That's fine by me, because he/she is the one holding society together, not you and me.

You are able to live your life the way that you do, because of what they do. They are the one's who will bleed and die in foreign lands, rush into a blazing building, care for you and your family in hospital, rule on the right or wrong of a matter in a court of law. The very fact that it's them and not us, who are the ones that are holding it all together, automatically makes them a bit special, and if we can't look at the context surrounding a misdemeanour which they might commit, then we are not worthy of them.

Regards - Mr P
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 12-04-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
    Then you're lying because I know a few and I can tell you that they and all their friends are extremely violent individuals who enjoy killing. Especially those in elite regiments like the paras. They're animals.
    You speak for the few you know and I will speak of the ones I know.
    Om - Thats a funny thing, winners never talk of Glorious Victories. That's because they're the ones who see what the battlefield looks like afterward. It's only the losers who have Glorious Victories.

T Pratchett, Small Gods.
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 12-04-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dylanger View Post

I love it when they try to nick me washing machine I'd put in the garden during the summer. I'd only put it out whilst I stupidly tried to fix it and replace the door sensor. I popped out to B&Q and It took them half an hour to nick it and place it in their shed. It took me five minutes to break the fucking lock off their shed and drag the thing back out. it still had my fucking towels in it for fuck sake...

I also love being out with my three year old over the local park and getting shouted at (In polish) by some drunken waste of space Polish that just happen to to use taxpayers money to get the said "drunk.."

Yeah, they wont pick up those broken bottles though, no one ever does apart from muggins ere..

I like the fact that ALL the the council houses in our town have ALL been given away to eastern european familys who are actually earning fuck loads more than my family can. How you may ask? well it's simple, really.

the mum claims benefits, housing benefits and claims to be a single parent. But, whats this? her boyfriend and father to the two kids lives there and works, but what else? well her fucking father and mother also live there, and work..

Dont worry though. they are all claiming to be on the Dole.. And own a rather nice car as well. and if there is any danger of them being found out the rest of the family fuck off for a few days taking their belongings, where they actually go. I have no idea but I've watched them do it over five times now..

I love it all!

This is not to mention that crime has gone up tenfold in town. I wonder why. I really dont know. Why does my eye hurt when I put my finger in it?

Like I say. A few more years of this and this current bullshit story will be water under the bridge.

Sound like a BNP fanatic? Like I give a shite. I only go on what I actually see with my own eyes and have to live with every day. And every day I see more and more trouble for people that are trying to go about their business and actually put something into this place. Like me. I pay taxes to get some pissd up pratt on a park bench swear at me when I'm with my boy, all the while I'm paying for it?

sorry to rant but when I see that stories like this hold so much "Wow" factor with the general public I think to myself, when are we actually going to deal with real issues and stop pissing about with our heads in the sand.

grrrr

You dont come here, get a free house, use my money to get pissed, be a pain in the arse and call me a cunt whilst your on the tea leaf.

So all in all this gun story, to me, is bollocks. Let him have his gun. hell, he may even need it if some tool breaks in...

..it's okay to hate me for my oppinions. And dont worry I do get moaned at every night for them. bless her..

You can claim not to be racist all you want but the fact that you only rage against foreigners shows your true colours. There are more English/Scottish/Welsh people who are doing all the things you mentioned above than foreigners. Again, the Daily Mail attitude. If white people do it it's fine, when brown/black people do it IT'S FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS SEND THEM ALL HOME!
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 12-04-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dylanger View Post

I love it all!

grrrr

A: How do you know they are living in a council house instead of a privately funded residence?
    B: How do you know they are getting "all the benefits under the sun" instead of earning their money?
    C:How do you know that ALL the council houses have been given away to Eastern Europeans? What about the elderly people who were already living in them, were they just evicted to make way?
    D:How can crime have gone up tenfold when it has declined in the last year?
    And, as Dayve already asked, is it OK for homegrown scroungers to do this or is it just Eastern Europeans who get your goat?

Whilst we are sharing anecdotes, about 7 years ago now whilst I was between residences I had the pleasure of living in a pokey little bedsit and havign the great honour of £300 a month for it. In the building were five other residences. Only two people in this building had a job. The National make up of the building was
    1: Irish.
    1: Polish
    4: English
    Can you guess what the nationality was of the other person who was working?
    It gets better, one day I overheard the 4 English chaps giving the Polish chap a hard time (Ooops, given the game away now) "Oh you come over here, steal our jobs" bullshit and and asked my opinion.
    I pointed out to the four of them that in the two years that the chap had lived in the country, he had provided more to the state than the four of them combined, and considering we didn't pay to educate him he was a net benefit for the nation.
    The fact that he came here when he didn't speak the language, didn't have anywhere to live and didn't know anyone, yet had stolen THEIR job, did not make him a thief, it made them a bit shit.
    None of them ever spoke to me again.