Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 08:52 AM
    Banned

Default WarZ devs ban random accounts and plan to possibly abandon game

Quote:
    EX-Forum Mod Devin here. Let me tell ya some stuff you can spout on for a new youtube video

My forum account was hacked, my fault, they deleted a lot of posts. I was de-modded and banned, got my computer secure, re-modded and unbanned and took care of business as usual. Except their company is full of dumb fucks and didn't backup the forums at all. No backups whatsoever.

Sergay then took it upon himself to tell Kewk to demote me for my fuckup that could have been reversed if they were not so fucking stupid.

I then made a post on the forums about how I knew this was coming; and I was sorry and would not long be supporting a company that did not support their unpaid volunteer Moderators that spent over 100+ hours answering THEIR CUSTOMERS questions and concerns as well as relaying them the ideas the community had for their bullshit game.

I was then banned for making a "Rage quit" thread permanent and here is the even funnier part my in-game account banned under the excuse I requested a refund

So, since I didn't sign any sort of NDA for those fuckfaces here are some interesting facts.

WarZ is a direct port over from War Inc. They literally took the game and added NPCs, made a large map, and changed around camera angles and gun settings while adding more functionality and switching over some things. ALL ART however was actually done in-house by their amazing ART team. (Those were the best guys to know, they were in touch more with the community than Kewk)

They randomly ban accounts that have a certain amount of time spent playing in-game, knowing they are hooked on the game so they re-buy the game.

Their anti-hack is actually functional but here's the kicker..wanna know WHY their bans are TEMPORARY the first time around? 0.8% hacking? Try an EXTREMELY LARGE PORTION of the player base is hacking. If they banned everyone they'd have a mass refund issue on their hands, and no one to play their piss poor of an excuse game.

they plan to HALT DEVELOPMENT AND ABANDON THE GAME in SIX months if revenue is not enough for them (I.E. People are not buying GC and spending the fuck out of it) -- take note, if they do not get ENOUGH revenue. They will have enough revenue to pay for the game development for over a year at this point in time already, but if they don't get enough to give themselves regular raises they will stop making the game and shut down the servers and website.
    Source: [url]http://www.rhinocrunch.com/forum/general-discussion-of-things-and-such/82-hey-rhino-you-were-right-about-warz?limitstart=0[/url]

---

So yeah, remember all those people that were really sceptical about WarZ? They were probably right.

[EDIT]

Oh, and before you start saying "they can't just ban you or delete the game", here's a little piece from their TOS:
    Quote:
    1. Account suspension/cancelation.
    A. Op productions may suspend, terminate, modify, or delete any account(s) at any time or from time to time, for any reason or for no reason, with or without notice to you. You acknowledge that any and all game assets and/or accounts may be deleted, altered, moved or transferred at any time or from time to time, by or at the direction of op productions, for any reason or no reason at all, including, without limitation for any violation of this terms of service, the eula, the privacy policy or the code of conduct, at the sole and exclusive discretion of op productions. Op productions expressly disclaims any value, cash or otherwise, attributed to any data residing on servers operated by op productions, including, without limitation, game assets. You understand and agree that op productions has the right to remove any game assets in whole or in part at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice and without liability of any kind to you.

Last edited by Lunatitch; 11-28-2012 at 09:09 AM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 09:01 AM

This may just be a random, pissed off ex-mod who wants to get back at the devs. It doesn't really prove anything, yet.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 AM

I always assumed this game was just a knock-off made by some sleazebags trying to cash in on DayZ's success. Seems I was right.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parlock View Post
    This may just be a random, pissed off ex-mod who wants to get back at the devs. It doesn't really prove anything, yet.
    I don't know of any other Terms and Conditions that says we can ban your account for no reason.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 10:15 AM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Kind of glad this is going tits up. Now gamers won't be so stupid about throwing money at things.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I don't know of any other Terms and Conditions that says we can ban your account for no reason.
    Quite a few actually, Steam being a notable one.

Not saying this isn't bad, I'm just saying this isn't exactly an impartial report.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 01:44 PM

Thats... That is funny.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 02:08 PM

I'm highly skeptical they ban "random accounts with that have a certain amount of time spent playing in-game." The rest sounds plausible but banning random customers would (eventually) drive them away and shrink the playerbase that pays for the micro-transaction nonsense.

In any case, everything I've seen about WarZ shows they don't get what made DayZ popular so I would not be too upset if this were all true.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 02:45 PM

I agree, I can't believe there is anyone out there who, if they were the victim of an unjust ban "for no reason" would willingly go out and buy another copy just so they can keep playing. We all love gaming to a greater or lesser degree, but I imagine the people who would be so into WarZ that they would do this would be so small you could count it on one hand.

Surely you'd be so pissed at the company if you had done nothing to justify a ban that you wouldn't give them any more money? This a computer game we are talking about, not an addictive class A substance like Heroin.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dannyboyslim View Post
    Surely you'd be so pissed at the company if you had done nothing to justify a ban that you wouldn't give them any more money? This a computer game we are talking about, not an addictive class A substance like Heroin.
    Yes nicotine is more addictive than heroine and you can buy it in shops

Not really related to the thread just thought I would stick that in their
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks