Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2012, 06:12 PM

Default raid report 26/11/12

on raid:
    Goffik, Steelhide, Bullshifter, Jecaa, Ayumis, Bimble, Infitiee, Rossferatu, Psyke, Wyrmy
    Leegund in for infitiee after 9.

asked to sit out - barks, gluggie

A full night on Elegon - started slowly, but we made progress over the course of the night.
    P1 - we can now push below 85% and the phase change with only 2 adds spawning - a good test of our dps.
    P2 - killing 4 waves of energy charges seemed to work best for us - any more than that and it was highly likely someone would miss, so it's worth spening the extra time to nuke the boss when the 5th wave is active.
    P3 - we got better and better at bringing the pylons down at the same time (or within a few seconds of each other), and we were close to getting the adds under control.
    It's a bit frantic when we hvae 1 tank run off and pick up the boss when he respawns, but I dont think we're too far away from a clean transition.

We hit the enrage timer once, and after that we really started to increase our dps - the thing we need to work on now is perfecting the P3 -> P1 transition, and also trying to get the boss to 50% (and triggering the next phase 2) as quickly as possible.

Am hopeful we'll make some more progress next week - can everyone try and make sure they are fully prepared so we can give it a real good next monday.

Loot - we got a leatherworking pattern from the annoying trash pulls.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2012, 06:29 PM

If you're pushing up against the enrage, or if you're trying to push 50%, it's worth trying to kill a 5th add on the first phase two. It's tricky until you get the burst rotation down, but it pays off more over the course of the fight. If you can do it, the kill should come fairly quickly.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 PM

I thought we made great progress, and made it in style as well! Nobody got their pantiehosens in a twist even tho we died a few times over silly things.

Not going to lie, the pace for healing on this fight is rediculous compared to all the others but by the end of the fight I feel I was right on the cusp of mastering it. If my mic had been working I think goff wouldnt have gone down those last couple times on the P3-P1 and we would have got to the last phase again. For me thats the hardest part as the tank is out of range if I move at all but I need to stay away from the adds. I think ill save my shield for that point next time. If me and Wyrmy could have spoken during the fight we would have had no problems I think. I'll get that fixed.

Deffo see no reason as to why that starry eyed mother can't be sleeping with the fishes by 10.35 next monday!!
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 09:46 AM

Hand of Salvation has been changed. This ability now removes all of a target's threat for 10 seconds.

Gone live in the patch today, Wyrmy this is just for you on P3-1 you aggro hoar <3
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 01:02 PM

At the start it looked stupidly hard especially when he enraged with 40% health remaining. At the end I thought we had cracked most of the abilities and are well on our way to seeing him off.

An admission! When we did start to complete phase 1 with two adds I was mainly DPS'ing the Boss and only switching to the add to finish it off. This suggests we need 2.5/3 DPS on the boss most of the time and 2/2.5 on the add.

I was looking at Method's website and there was a Fire Mage guide which was pretty much like all the other Fire Mage guides out there. There was one thing that caught my attention was an add-on called "NeedToKnow" which is a buff/debuff watcher. I'm going to give it a go to try and eek out a bit more DPS.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 01:07 PM

We always leave at least 2 people on the boss. I then tend to switch between the boss and the add as necessary as I am normally the one watching for the transitions. We find it is a big help.
    Also, not hitting the add until the tank has hold of it and it is in position helps as you have longer hitting the boss and you won't have to slow DPS if the add is on low health and nowhere near the edge of the platform to be pulled off. I hope that makes sense.

The little adds are easy once you get the swing of them. The worst bit is healers pulling agro on them. Just make sure your DPS are back on the platform when it spawns to maximise the DPS on them. They should die really quickly then. We also don't bother bringing the pillars down together, just kill them as quick as you can as the adds are really easy to control and kill once you get the routine going.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bimble View Post
    There was one thing that caught my attention was an add-on called "NeedToKnow" which is a buff/debuff watcher..
    This is a pain in the arse to set up but once youve got it right it is really handy.
    I used to use it to keep my eye on rend but its moribund now that I don't need to renew it (well I do but its on thunderclap now that I spam anyway)
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-30-2012, 10:50 AM

Priest and paladin healers can't get or hold aggro on the adds, because they have fade/hand of salv/bubble, so they're quite handy here. Druids are a bit of a pain, but if they're quick to stand on the tank, it should be fine.