Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-12-2012, 11:45 PM

Default Star Wars Ep VII

No one made a thread about it yet so... yeah. I had mixed feelings when Disney bought Star Wars, but I was really excited when EP VII was announced, even more when the Original Trilogy characters were to reprise their roles. What made me sad was... well, Darth Vader being resurrected.

[url]http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/357610/Darth-Vader-to-be-resurrected[/url]

It's like surprise butt sex.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 12:04 AM

to be fair the old cast coming back sure, the emperor coming back fair enough it's already in the EU, but vader should be left he died saving his son and taking out the emperor so how do you bring him back? he is blue glowy (meaning obiwan can come back as well) and his body was dead he didn't have a clone to jump into like the emperor.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 05:06 PM

The shark. It has been jumped.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 05:43 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Snore wars.

[SIZE="1"]I'm so witty[/SIZE]
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 PM

All my expectations have now been flushed down the toilet.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-13-2012, 11:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to Megazell Send a message via MSN to Megazell Send a message via Skype™ to Megazell

Oh mainstream franchise you sure do try to hard.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 12:23 PM

Why have they brought Darth Vader back?

The ending to episode six just finished of so epically. Darth Vader finally turns over to the light side of the Force to save Luke and sacrifices himself in the process. Now they are going to undo that just because they can't think of anything else.

I am going to have to repeatedly remind myself that no matter how shit it is it does not undo the work of the original episodes.
    “There has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this simple fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots.” - Ian Banks
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 12:36 PM

I can understand why... and I can theorise on how.

Why? Vader has topped the greatest villains of all time charts multiple times. He is an iconic figure, and a great money maker. Simple as that.

As to how?

Well, Emperor Palpatine will be to blame. You've all mentioned he clones himself in fiction. So whats to stop him changing the clones to that of Vader. But to be a bastard, what if he doesn't actually clone Vader, but a new clone dons Vaders iconic armour? Be a nice twist to the story of Luke thinking he can turn his father as he has done before, only to unmaks... Palpatine!

Or... Palpatine clones the Vader at his darkest point, fiddling the genes so he don't turn goody goody two shoes. Vader leads the remnants of the Empire in victorious strikes against the New Republic. Luke and Co face down this new "General" only to learn its Vader, emo moments commence.

You could have a few decent stories to be fair.

But I think its for money mostly.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 PM

to be fair if they follow on where the EU went they will be fighting Luke's new jedi order, they don't actually deny them self emotions so they are in theory stronger and better than the old Jedi, also Han and Leia have kids that are basically the Jedi version of superman.

but really there is no room for Vader to come back he died and joined with the force, now they established that the dark side could be used to cheat death, but as Vaders body was cremated unless the emperor cloned him before and can some how force his essence into a clone it just shouldn't happen, as with the emperor when he dies his last act is transferring him self into the new body, so by the very fact he turns up at the end of the original his life force is joined with the force so his power is lost.

the only way you could do it is stick someone else in the suit with a similar level of ability, but the suit was never designed to be armour it was basically his life support and replacement limbs, it's the same as the storm trooper armour was mainly used to disguise the fact that all the people had the same face rather than a truly defensive thing, this is more apparent when you see how easy they die.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tykh02 View Post
    But I think its for money mostly.
    This. Darth Vader's image is being ruined for the sake of money. Well the industry's about making money, but still, Darth Vader demands respect.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    the only way you could do it is stick someone else in the suit with a similar level of ability, but the suit was never designed to be armour it was basically his life support and replacement limbs, it's the same as the storm trooper armour was mainly used to disguise the fact that all the people had the same face rather than a truly defensive thing, this is more apparent when you see how easy they die.
    They would then be messing with the lore if they're going to bring him back, then. I'm curious about how he will be revived. If he will actually be revived. Let's just wait and see. Also the new Jedi order would be an awesome storyline. The Darth Vader thing's just the shitty part of it.