Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to PatchRowcester Send a message via MSN to PatchRowcester Send a message via Yahoo to PatchRowcester
    Default Battlelog and Feature Requests

Yes, yet another Battlefield 3 blog. But its the start of the Thanksgiving weekend, so I got some time on my hands, and I figured I will post a blog before I log off the computer.

Nothing wrong with that, right?!

So what do you guys think? Any more features you have in mind? What about your opinion on the Battlelog in general?

[URL="http://goo.gl/muA53"]Read the blog[/URL]

Quote:
    Battlelog

When Battlefield 1942 was given away for free on Origin, a week ago, I decided to give it a try. I haven't played this game in years, and I completely forgot all about it.

When I started it, it came back me - the server browser was extremely clunky. I wasn't much of a multiplayer gamer back then and apart from quake 3, , and I played the game in spite of the problems with the server browser, because I had a lot of patience, and probably also because I didn't know any better.

When I first played the alpha version of Battlefield 3 back in 2011, I was surprised to learn that I needed to launch the game from the browser. I am not opposed to change, but I found the idea a little ridiculous. I did not want to launch a game from the brower. I wanted to be able to start the game, get into the multiplayer mode, and then browse the servers from there, just like I did with all the other games.

Having spent a lot of time with the game, I think different. Fact is, I now find the server browser extremely useful, and I do believe this is the way to go for the game. For whatever reason, DICE haven't been very good at making server browsers, and I am glad they went this route. It works very well for the most part, and joining games with friends is extremely easy.

Much needed features

1. Ability to configure display options, controls, and such through battlelog or through a utility.

I don't see why this is impossible, I mean its already possible to set the loadout through battlelog, so being able to configure other options would be perfect.

Of course, it goes without saying that the ability to change the settings from within the game should still exist, and must not be stripped out!

2. Make the communication tool work better.

The little chat window at the bottom shows there is someone online when they aren't; the voice option doesn't work at times. There is definitely a lot of room for improvement for this tool.

3. Error messages such as this shouldn't exist!

Game disconnected, something went wrong.

If these features make it into the Battlelog for the launch of Battlefield 4, that would be perfect!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 11:01 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

I think Battlelog works as well as it can, but having to restart the fucking game every time I want to try a new server is still a fucking stupid idea.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-21-2012, 11:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to PatchRowcester Send a message via MSN to PatchRowcester Send a message via Yahoo to PatchRowcester

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAeN View Post
    I think Battlelog works as well as it can, but having to restart the fucking game every time I want to try a new server is still a fucking stupid idea.
    Hmm...that's a fair point. I wonder why I never looked at it that way recently...