Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#11   Report Post  
    Old 11-22-2012, 12:24 PM

Finished it last night, though I think a few peoples are over-praising it, it's still a very good game and well done. Definitely going to play it through again with some different choices and looking forward to the next series.

They finished it in the right manner as well if you ask me and I sat there thinking about it for a while after completing it. Not something I can recall ever doing before with a game. GG Telltale
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 11-22-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by glottis8 View Post
    just play it... i cried like a baby with teh end. GOTY in my book. splendid character development, and situations. I hope telltale keeps this bar of greatness.

also, i wonder what happens if you had less people go with you. what happens then? very dark and gruesome game.. but overall pretty fantastic.
    Really... GOTY?

People, please ignore this hype! This interactive cartoon/book had an excellent story. Very little game play at all, your choices didn't really affect the story either. The choices you do make only change the game an incredibly small amount, which I believe was done just to placate us after the false claims.

Great buy, if you can get it on sale. This is definitely an iOS game as its been severely dumbed down. I do not regret my purchase, but I got it at 50% off or less (can't remember).

Those of you looking for an old school adventure game will be severely disappointed unless the story is enthralling enough to keep you hooked.

With that said, I give this "game" a thumbs up. But it isn't even remotely a contender for GOTY in any category.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 11-22-2012, 04:18 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnny82 View Post
    With that said, I give this "game" a thumbs up. But it isn't even remotely a contender for GOTY in any category.
    Wouldn't be your game of the year, but it would certainly be some of ours. Quit your whining.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 11-22-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnny82 View Post
    Really... GOTY?

You don't think its a GOTY contender for its writing?
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 11-22-2012, 06:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to glottis8 Send a message via MSN to glottis8

some people just don't understand that an opinion belongs to no one else, but he who has it... if we share it then good enough.. if not.. respect is of essence. With that said... i praise the walking dead for a lot of good reasons... very few games have made me feel so attached to the story this year... and this game just did that... take away the minimal gameplay.. or interactions or what not... what it does it does very very well, and any game that does what it sets to accomplish should be considered a great success.. and not diminished in any way because its not the kind of game that one likes.

I really enjoyed it... i recommend it.. and this is coming from a guy that still loves old school lucasarts adventure point and click games.
    -Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80570E8500
    -RAM 8GB
    -SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit
    -Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI
    -Windows 7 Home Premium
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 11-22-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAeN View Post
    Wouldn't be your game of the year, but it would certainly be some of ours. Quit your whining.
    I didn't whine. Not once.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 11-22-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackRabbit View Post
    You don't think its a GOTY contender for its writing?
    You know, I retract what I said, it could win GOTY in a STORY category only. However, other games have a fantastic story as well. I feel that because those games have drastically better game play (I am even referring to some games I personally don't enjoy, as TWD doesn't really have "game" to it), TWD is just not a serious contender.

Overall GOTY... Not a chance. I'd be willing to put money down on it not even making top 10.

For a story/writing category, I could see it being perhaps top 10, but my draw would drop if it came in 1st or 2nd due to what I mentioned previously.

I know, I know... my opinion.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 11-22-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by glottis8 View Post
    some people just don't understand that an opinion belongs to no one else, but he who has it... if we share it then good enough.. if not.. respect is of essence. With that said... i praise the walking dead for a lot of good reasons... very few games have made me feel so attached to the story this year... and this game just did that... take away the minimal gameplay.. or interactions or what not... what it does it does very very well, and any game that does what it sets to accomplish should be considered a great success.. and not diminished in any way because its not the kind of game that one likes.

I really enjoyed it... i recommend it.. and this is coming from a guy that still loves old school lucasarts adventure point and click games.
    I don't really have a problem with your opinion, its the HYPE you give it. In fact, I agree with you on most points. I just really feel you went overboard by labeling it GOTY lol. Maybe your personal GOTY, but lets be real here.

Also, I really enjoy old school adventure games, your ending comment would make it sound like (read: imply) I stated that you won't enjoy it if you like old school adventure games. However, I clearly wrote "Those of you looking for an old school adventure game will be severely disappointed unless the story is enthralling enough to keep you hooked." I did not go into this game looking for an old school point and click game, and if I had been, I would have been disappointed. Basically what I am saying is, if you wanted to play a shooter FPS and bought Amnesia which is an FPS, you'd be disappointed as there is no shooting
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 PM

Just finished ep1... Really enjoyed it. It's light on 'game' in the traditional sense, but I think it plays it well (boom boom). There's just enough interaction to add more weight to the story (at least in the first ep). I've grown to like 2 characters (clementine and the reporter) and hate one (the old dude with the dodgy ticker).

I liked the 'next time on TWD' bit too.

I think as a format it works quite well.

Here's hoping it carrys on in this vein.

I do hope that there are some less binary and subtle decisions in the later episodes though.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 AM

The writing for this game is spectacular. I am currently in shock after finishing it. Sorry for reviving this thread, but I just feel ashamed having played the game now. A contender for GOTY? Definitely. This is Telltale's finest.

Last edited by consigliere94; 11-29-2012 at 10:48 AM.