Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#11   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 09:06 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rossrox View Post
    The remaining 3 posts ARE genuine member posts, and those posts are hardly comprehensive ones. These have all been posted very recently, so how you can allow him to keep his self promotion up is beyond me, he is hardly making an effort.
    I agree, the posts made that are genuine are all from today, but those three are indication he's making an effort. Would you rather a user makes loads of rubbish posts in every thread within the next hour to "prove" himself? Cutting him off too early is hardly giving someone the chance to "make an effort" and contribute. The post above is fair warning should he continue the self-promoting behaviour. If I delete the thread, he wouldn't see this warning, and neither would anyone else thinking of doing the same thing.

We want to be an inclusive forum here, and sure not everyone can contribute the same amount as others, but it's better to wean people off the self-promotion behaviour than make the forum look like a hostile place that only a select few are deemed worthy to post in. (A bit hyperbolic I know, but just for illustrating my point's sake.)

Last edited by The_B; 11-20-2012 at 09:08 PM.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 PM

Sorry about this guys, we didn't mean to just advertise our videos. We won't be making any posts about our videos again, we are just going to make threads and respond to others. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The_B View Post
    I agree, the posts made that are genuine are all from today, but those three are indication he's making an effort. Would you rather a user makes loads of rubbish posts in every thread within the next hour to "prove" himself? Cutting him off too early is hardly giving someone the chance to "make an effort" and contribute. The post above is fair warning should he continue the self-promoting behaviour. If I delete the thread, he wouldn't see this warning, and neither would anyone else thinking of doing the same thing.

We want to be an inclusive forum here, and sure not everyone can contribute the same amount as others, but it's better to wean people off the self-promotion behaviour than make the forum look like a hostile place that only a select few are deemed worthy to post in. (A bit hyperbolic I know, but just for illustrating my point's sake.)
    Yes - But at the very least remove his advertisement threads.

Tags

aut0tr0ph, gaming, j4k013, kraas, l4d2